Xbox game for 7 year old please xx

Hi all, my son's getting an Xbox for Christmas this year but I'm struggling on games. He loves racing games and on the wii plays lego starwars/batman etc.. There seems to be sooo many racing ones it's hard to choose - which one is the best would you say? Can someone please advise me on a few good games for his age group.

As always, much appreciated xx

33 Comments

Banned

viva pinata
Lego Batman
Lego Starwars
Lego HarryPotter
UP

Liturally all the animation films have a game

Burnout Paradise
Project Gotham Racing 3/4
Pure
Blur
Split Second

Kinnect is coming out in November where you use your body to control games, bit pricey but might have some easy games to play.

Banned

Depending if you dont mind your son playing violent games, i suggest Halo Titles, for action

If he likes racing games how about...
Cars
Dirt (has a simple arcade mode)

Toy Story 3 game is meant to be good.
Fifa/Football Games
Guitar Hero?
Sims 3
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions/Batman Arkham Asylum (Little bit more mature)
Kameo
Spiderman friend or foe
Simpsons Game
Banjo and Kazooie
Shrek 3
Naruto
Raymen Ravin Rabbids
Mini Ninjas
Ghostbusters
Crash of the Titans
Transformers War for Cybertron
Edited by: "natversion1" 28th Sep 2010

gari189

If he likes racing games how about...CarsDirt (has a simple arcade mode)

Cars is good (I think three different games have been released for the Xbox), my kids had the first one a while back. They love Burnout Paradise too.

As for other stuff, any of the Lego games, Toy Story 3 and Up.

Flatout eBay item number for a new copy 250702219832
Full Auto eBay item number for a new copy 180567356292

Both quite old games but were great fun.

You used to be able to get them from shops for around 10 quid but cheapest online is now £22.

If your son wont mind a used copy FlatoutFull Auto

Original Poster

Wow, thanks guys - much appreciated. He has the leg ones on the wii and also Toy Story 3 so would you think it's a bit pointless or do they have a completely different feel to each other? Yes, I'm pretty strict on the age thing 7+ tops really. Thanks again xx

My 2 games i've listed are 12+ FYI

Original Poster

Oh yeh, and he has Cars on the DS but I think he prefers more of a .......realistic, fast action kinda race game. He said the cars on the ds is a bit ......... babyish...is that differnt on the xbox? Yh, he loves footy too but has on PS2 .... still worth it?

Original Poster

Oh thanks Starr, was just gonna have a look. He was just 7 last week so not so keen really, but thanks anyway xx

Original Poster

Spiderman sounds interesting, will take a look. Thanks xx

All + 7 games:

Banjo and Kazooie
Shrek 3/Forever After
Crash of the Titans
Mini Ninjas
Ravin Rabbids
Burnout Paradise
Split Second
Spiderman friend or Foe

Banned

There is alot of kids games out there, Spiderman will be good, and Kinect will be good

No probs,

From what i remember of both games there isn't any bad language but the aim of the game is to shoot rockets and machine guns from your car to work your way to the highest finishing position by destroying other cars.

Age ratings go from 7+ to 12+ so there is no in between, if he is finding some games boring then maybe the 2 games are worth a look.

Have a look at the youtube vids so you have more of an idea what the actual game play is like

Youtube Flatout
Full Auto

Grid is another great racing game but it might be a little too difficult for him

Original Poster

natversion1

All + 7 games:Banjo and KazooieShrek 3/Forever AfterCrash of the … All + 7 games:Banjo and KazooieShrek 3/Forever AfterCrash of the TitansMini NinjasRavin RabbidsBurnout ParadiseSplit SecondSpiderman friend or Foe

D4ND4N

There is alot of kids games out there, Spiderman will be good, and Kinect … There is alot of kids games out there, Spiderman will be good, and Kinect will be good

Thanx guys, will take a look. Got somewhere to start now at least (_;)

'likes' all round xx

natversion1

All + 7 games:Banjo and KazooieShrek 3/Forever AfterCrash of the … All + 7 games:Banjo and KazooieShrek 3/Forever AfterCrash of the TitansMini NinjasRavin RabbidsBurnout ParadiseSplit SecondSpiderman friend or Foe

D4ND4N

There is alot of kids games out there, Spiderman will be good, and Kinect … There is alot of kids games out there, Spiderman will be good, and Kinect will be good

Drop me a pm if you need any more help with games or prices in the near future and i'll be happy to help

Original Poster

Starr

No probs,From what i remember of both games there isn't any bad language … No probs,From what i remember of both games there isn't any bad language but the aim of the game is to shoot rockets and machine guns from your car to work your way to the highest finishing position by destroying other cars.Age ratings go from 7+ to 12+ so there is no in between, if he is finding some games boring then maybe the 2 games are worth a look.Have a look at the youtube vids so you have more of an idea what the actual game play is likeYoutube FlatoutFull AutoGrid is another great racing game but it might be a little too difficult for him

Will take a look hun, your input really is much appreciated. Thank you xx

Original Poster

[/quote]Drop me a pm if you need any more help with games or prices in the near future and i'll be happy to help[/quote]

Thanks hun, I will, do I'm sure xx

i'll look forward to it

GTA IV

http://www.bruceongames.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lola-gta-iv.jpg
Edited by: "Tanchi" 28th Sep 2010

Tanchi

GTA IV & COD:MW2

In what universe does that not break the "no games above +7" rule?

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing - Its like Mario Kart

Retro89

This game is fairly decent but if you got a Wii might as well stick to Mario Kart

Original Poster

Tanchi

GTA IV

Tanchi

GTA IV & COD:MW2

Retro89

lol, I'm guesing not then

Did think about this one for the Wii recently (have Mario already, just thought for a change) but like Nat said, someone said not worth the bother if u got Mario. Might be quite nice to have it on xbox though I spose.....will have a think. Off out now but thanks to all for all your helpful comment xx

This is totally not a racing game and only available on the marketplace, but I think Kingdom for Keflings is quite fun
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41K0u62grnL._SS400_.jpg

Original Poster

Will take a look hun, thank u xx

Butterbean

This is totally not a racing game and only available on the marketplace, … This is totally not a racing game and only available on the marketplace, but I think Kingdom for Keflings is quite fun

Also costume quest is looking like a fun kiddy game.
Castle Crashes too

Original Poster

natversion1

Also costume quest is looking like a fun kiddy game.Castle Crashes too

Wow, there's loads more than I thought there was. Thanx again x

test drive unlimited is good fun, might be a bit more advanced than what your after but its a good game with open roads and great cars your son might find it easy to get into after playing it for a bit, its old now aswell so will be cheap

Original Poster

Peterdj41

test drive unlimited is good fun, might be a bit more advanced than what … test drive unlimited is good fun, might be a bit more advanced than what your after but its a good game with open roads and great cars your son might find it easy to get into after playing it for a bit, its old now aswell so will be cheap

Even better lol, thanks hun x

hannah19790

Even better lol, thanks hun x

Just be careful Test Drive 2 will be just around the corner by xmas so if he likes this one he will pester you for number 2!

Original Poster

No surprise there then!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How are Very for pre-orders ?44
    2. Keter 6x4 shed.22
    3. Memory foam mattress topper55
    4. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK12

See more discussions