Xbox game share

Found 10th Sep 2017
Hi all.

I have 2 sons 1 who I game share with, I'd like to get my other son a Xbox and called Microsoft to ask about what I could do regarding all my digital purchases and was told if I just add my GT to the 3rd console my son would also be able to play my games.
Has someone got this setup? Or was I miss informed?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Ya you can do

Editor

It is possible, but (and unless things have changed) your second son (infamously) will be booted from any game of yours he's playing when you log in.

Original Poster

I thought this but the CS rep was adamant it would be ok. Just thought I'd see if someone has it set up on here already as I haven't bought the 3rd one yet
Edited by: "mad569797" 11th Sep 2017

Original Poster

gormley9010 h, 9 m ago

Ya you can do

Have you got this setup already?

Yea mate Ive done it with 2 family members

Original Poster

gormley9033 m ago

Yea mate Ive done it with 2 family members

So do you all basically game share this way?
Edited by: "mad569797" 11th Sep 2017

Original Poster

Do I have
mad5697972 m ago

So do you all basically game share this way?

Am I right in assuming I don't have to make it my home console?

Google/Youtube it mate pretty straight forward

Original Poster

gormley9012th Sep

Google/Youtube it mate pretty straight forward

Hi pal

I can't find anything on YouTube, I have bought a 3rd console today and have put my GT on the 3rd console as well as my son's but the only way he can play the games is if I'm signed in on his console. All 3 of us can't play at the same time.
Is there something I need to do to the setup?

Editor

mad5697975 h, 8 m ago

Hi palI can't find anything on YouTube, I have bought a 3rd console today …Hi palI can't find anything on YouTube, I have bought a 3rd console today and have put my GT on the 3rd console as well as my son's but the only way he can play the games is if I'm signed in on his console. All 3 of us can't play at the same time.Is there something I need to do to the setup?

I think the above is all mis-information mate. To game share you need to set one console as the 'home console' you can only do this on one console per account.

You: Add your profile to your account but don't set it as home console. You'll still have access to your own games.
Son: Adds your profile to his account but sets the console as the home console. You'll both have access to the games.
3rd party: Adds your profile to their account but they don't have the ability to set the account as the home console. They'll still have access to the games but will be signed out when the owner (in this case, you) signs in.

Original Poster

BuzzDuraband1 h, 53 m ago

I think the above is all mis-information mate. To game share you need to …I think the above is all mis-information mate. To game share you need to set one console as the 'home console' you can only do this on one console per account.You: Add your profile to your account but don't set it as home console. You'll still have access to your own games.Son: Adds your profile to his account but sets the console as the home console. You'll both have access to the games.3rd party: Adds your profile to their account but they don't have the ability to set the account as the home console. They'll still have access to the games but will be signed out when the owner (in this case, you) signs in.

Cheers Buz I thought as much. I ain't forking out twice for the same game so 1 of us probably me won't play at the same time as the boys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants