Xbox Game sharing and digital codes

Found 12th Oct 2015
Hi,

Recently got an xbox one and so has a friend. We haven't bought any digital games but want to get Halo 5. If I do the game sharing thing and buy this code from cd keys hotukdeals.com/dea…083 will we both get the game?

Also is there a site or an easy way to check prices of games in other regions? When I tried to look it kept redirecting me to the us store.

Thanks
Community Updates
20 Comments
You would both get Halo 5 from 1 purchase but not sure what you have to do settings wise for it to work. Sure someone will comment with details on how to do it. Bring on Halo 5, cant wait!
dont really know...but if I were u, I would buy a cheap game, something digital on eBay, and try!!!
about the region, keep coming back here! many people post deals from other markets!
sign into each others console and you make his your home and vice versa you'll both then get to play the game
fastclau

dont really know...but if I were u, I would buy a cheap game, something … dont really know...but if I were u, I would buy a cheap game, something digital on eBay, and try!!!about the region, keep coming back here! many people post deals from other markets!

​buy max the curse brotherhood for £1.65 on ebay and try it! simples!!!!
Original Poster
fastclau

dont really know...but if I were u, I would buy a cheap game, something … dont really know...but if I were u, I would buy a cheap game, something digital on eBay, and try!!!about the region, keep coming back here! many people post deals from other markets!

sunsetman

sign into each others console and you make his your home and vice versa … sign into each others console and you make his your home and vice versa you'll both then get to play the game

Good idea, I'll do that

Thanks
fastclau

​buy max the curse brotherhood for £1.65 on ebay and try it! simples!!!!

Im sure that game is only 79p on cdkeys so a cheaper option to try it out. Just a suggestion
Original Poster
redcantona

http://www.digitalgamesprices.com/xboxone.php

Fantastic thanks, looks like I should be buying from Singapore.
Edited by: "badasschris" 12th Oct 2015
Original Poster
One extra question, when buying from other regions do you just add paypal as a payment method? Seems easiest way to me.
badasschris

One extra question, when buying from other regions do you just add paypal … One extra question, when buying from other regions do you just add paypal as a payment method? Seems easiest way to me.

Depends, some countries have blocked paypal payments.

Try it first, if no joy, use card
Original Poster
benjammin316

Depends, some countries have blocked paypal payments.Try it first, if no … Depends, some countries have blocked paypal payments.Try it first, if no joy, use card

Use card? don't you have to add foreign address? Surely your bank would block the payment?
badasschris

Use card? don't you have to add foreign address? Surely your bank would … Use card? don't you have to add foreign address? Surely your bank would block the payment?

Natwest been fine with me so far in a number of regions, depends on bank I guess
Original Poster
benjammin316

Natwest been fine with me so far in a number of regions, depends on bank … Natwest been fine with me so far in a number of regions, depends on bank I guess

So you put you billing address as some random address in the country you are buying the games from? Or can you put your real billing address in?
badasschris

So you put you billing address as some random address in the country you … So you put you billing address as some random address in the country you are buying the games from? Or can you put your real billing address in?

Can't remember now, been ages since setup, can check when I get in if you like broseph
Original Poster
benjammin316

Can't remember now, been ages since setup, can check when I get in if you … Can't remember now, been ages since setup, can check when I get in if you like broseph

If it's not too much trouble that would be great. I suppose I should just try with the real address and if that doesn't work then change to random one from the country I'm buying from.
badasschris

If it's not too much trouble that would be great. I suppose I should just … If it's not too much trouble that would be great. I suppose I should just try with the real address and if that doesn't work then change to random one from the country I'm buying from.

Use your usual address but with a city/state and postcode from the region you're buying from and a made up phone number.
Edited by: "redcantona" 13th Oct 2015
Original Poster
redcantona

Use your usual address but with a city/state and postcode from the region … Use your usual address but with a city/state and postcode from the region you're buying from and a made up phone number.

thanks mate I'll give it a go
Bit of crappy advice on here, so I'll clarify.

First thing is that this works ! Had my doubts at first, but been doing it now for a few months.

You need to sign into your friends console under your MS ID, goto settings & choose his console as your "Home" console.

He then needs to do the same to your (he logs in as himself on your console & sets your console to his "Home" console).

After this, log each other out & you never have to sign in as each other again,

If you go to your apps & games, on the far right, will be all of his digital content waiting to be downloaded to your Xbox. Download what you want & then play it under your Xbox gamer tag on your own console (even both at the same time on your respective Xbox's, using your own Gamer tags !!!).

Also works for Xbox Live Gold & EA access.

Right, now moving on to other countries. Every country bar Hungary seems to have banned international card payments for other marketplace purchases (I used to use my Natwest CC/DC for buying games from India, US, Canada & Russia, but all just get declined now).

For Hungary (the one beginning with M), just put your correct address, bar the postcode & phone number (just google a bank or uni & use theirs). I done it via Google translate on my ipad, but I think Chrome works best with the auto translate thing on.
Anyway, just buy as you would do (either via the console if you change your location, or as I do via xbox.com, bottom left of screen, click UK, then another country which takes you to their marketplace). Game then downloads as normal.

For the other countries who have banned CC/DC payments, just buy some MS vouchers for that region (Amazon etc), then add to your account & buy as normal.

It's simple to do & you save a fortune (split cost of games, even cheaper when you buy from another region).

The only thing I would suggest NOT doing is changing region to download free games (i.e for games with gold in another country etc), as that is against their T&C's, this isn't.

Have fun.
Edited by: "ChrisUK" 13th Oct 2015
Original Poster
ChrisUK

Bit of crappy advice on here, so I'll clarify.First thing is that this … Bit of crappy advice on here, so I'll clarify.First thing is that this works ! Had my doubts at first, but been doing it now for a few months.You need to sign into your friends console under your MS ID, goto settings & choose his console as your "Home" console.He then needs to do the same to your (he logs in as himself on your console & sets your console to his "Home" console).After this, log each other out & you never have to sign in as each other again,If you go to your apps & games, on the far right, will be all of his digital content waiting to be downloaded to your Xbox. Download what you want & then play it under your Xbox gamer tag on your own console (even both at the same time on your respective Xbox's, using your own Gamer tags !!!).Also works for Xbox Live Gold & EA access.Right, now moving on to other countries. Every country bar Hungary seems to have banned international card payments for other marketplace purchases (I used to use my Natwest CC/DC for buying games from India, US, Canada & Russia, but all just get declined now). For Hungary (the one beginning with M), just put your correct address, bar the postcode & phone number (just google a bank or uni & use theirs). I done it via Google translate on my ipad, but I think Chrome works best with the auto translate thing on. Anyway, just buy as you would do (either via the console if you change your location, or as I do via xbox.com, bottom left of screen, click UK, then another country which takes you to their marketplace). Game then downloads as normal.For the other countries who have banned CC/DC payments, just buy some MS vouchers for that region (Amazon etc), then add to your account & buy as normal.It's simple to do & you save a fortune (split cost of games, even cheaper when you buy from another region).The only thing I would suggest NOT doing is changing region to download free games (i.e for games with gold in another country etc), as that is against their T&C's, this isn't.Have fun.

Thanks mate thats really great info, everything you need to know. Have you tried using paypal for other regions? seems a little annoying to buy credit as I'll have a load of little bits of credit all over the place
badasschris

Thanks mate thats really great info, everything you need to know. Have … Thanks mate thats really great info, everything you need to know. Have you tried using paypal for other regions? seems a little annoying to buy credit as I'll have a load of little bits of credit all over the place

You can't mate, it doesn't work. Hence why I buy my stuff from Hungary direct on my card, or buy the UK credit cheap (£40 for £60 credit pops up quite often).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants