Xbox gameplay recording and uploading to YouTube

Posted 4th Dec
Hi, I was looking to get my son a capture card, video recorder and microphone to record edit and upload clips to YouTube from xbox one. It seems though that you must have the capture card plugged into xbox and pc simultaneously which is a no, as our xbox and computer are located in different rooms. I'm now looking at getting a seperate hard drive to plug in to the xbox and record gameplay videos. Then transfer them to pc and edit them. Can anyone confirm if this is possible to do? Or if you can indeed use a capture card and then seperately transfer the files to computer to edit. He want to record himself then edit it it into a smaller caption in the gameplay videos
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Why didn't you simply bolt this question onto your pre-existing, similar thread on pretty much the same subject which was answered the other week? (for continuity purposes)
No you cant use a hhd to record the xbox you need a capture card plugged into the xbox and pc/laptop
Mr_Gus04/12/2019 11:06

Why didn't you simply bolt this question onto your pre-existing, similar …Why didn't you simply bolt this question onto your pre-existing, similar thread on pretty much the same subject which was answered the other week? (for continuity purposes)

Yea didn't think of that.
Misly04/12/2019 11:52

No you cant use a hhd to record the xbox you need a capture card plugged …No you cant use a hhd to record the xbox you need a capture card plugged into the xbox and pc/laptop

Is there not a way to record gameplay videos for editing without a computer plugged in aswell then. I'm sure it's not this much hassle if the ps.
mart32104/12/2019 12:56

Yea didn't think of that.

I asked that because often folk engage better on here when there are already some answers in relation to conversation & subject matter, 8 was an ok number to keep going compared to waiting for another thread to pick up from scratch, ..no worries.
mart32104/12/2019 12:56

Is there not a way to record gameplay videos for editing without a …Is there not a way to record gameplay videos for editing without a computer plugged in aswell then. I'm sure it's not this much hassle if the ps.

You can record games via xbox itself but you cant hear the person if they are in a party as it only records the game. You can then save that to onedrive and access it on pc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants