Groups

xbox harddrive not compatible

Hi,

I have just bought the sainsbury bundle xbox slim n 2games for £150. But i cant see where to put my old elite hard drive. Are they not compatible. If they are not what is the easiest way to transfer my saved games etc.

Thanks

23 Comments

the hard drive is built in 4gb or 250gb

Nope...........they are totally different. You need one of the new types and then to buy the Official HDD transfer kit to move it all across.

This is what i did.

Take the old xbox hard drive case apart, and remove the small 2.5" sata drive that sits inside.

Then open the hard drive cover on the new slim and stick it in, job done.

Syzable

Nope...........they are totally different. You need one of the new types … Nope...........they are totally different. You need one of the new types and then to buy the Official HDD transfer kit to move it all across.

This is wrong i'm afraid, they aren't totally different at all, in 5 minutes you can have your old hard drive running on the slim without the need to transfer any files at all.

dmissy13

the hard drive is built in 4gb or 250gb

Not true, the 4gb is onboard memory, my slim has 4gb AND the 250gb hard drive from my elite inside it

Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 11th Nov 2010

jayjayuk1234

This is what i did.Take the old xbox hard drive case apart, and remove … This is what i did.Take the old xbox hard drive case apart, and remove the small 2.5" sata drive that sits inside.Then open the hard drive cover on the new slim and stick it in, job done.

Or that ^^^ lol

Google is your friend.

thesaint

Google is your friend.

You posted just to tell someone to google? nice and helpful

Original Poster

Its not a sata drive. Its that long drive that sits on the side of the xbox.

jonny619447

Its not a sata drive. Its that long drive that sits on the side of the … Its not a sata drive. Its that long drive that sits on the side of the xbox.

That long thing? you mean the plastic shell, what do you think is inside that?

thats why i said take it apart, it has 4 torq screws on the bottom, one of them underneath the silver warranty sticker, remove them, then once the top is off, there are 4 additional screws to remove, then your sata 2.5 drive is free! and can be put inside the new slim

Original Poster

Ooh there is a sata inside the long case?

jayjayuk1234

You posted just to tell someone to google? nice and helpful

Yes I did, do you not think a Google search will have a step-by-step guide to do this, or is it a new query never before posted?

Original Poster

Cheers jayjay, your a legend mate. Ill do it when i get in. Good stuff +1
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 11th Nov 2010

jonny619447

Ooh there is a sata inside the long case?

There sure is

thesaint

Yes I did, do you not think a Google search will have a step-by-step … Yes I did, do you not think a Google search will have a step-by-step guide to do this, or is it a new query never before posted?

Well, the time u took to post that, why not help or link directly to the guide? or just not post.

The latter would be preferable i think

Or, buy this 250GB HD and follow this guide.

windhoek

Or, buy [url=this]this[/url] 250GB HD and follow this guide.

Arn't they the ones that Microsoft get round to eventually ban the console? Thought they weren't to happy with people doing this.

Original Poster

windhoek

Or, buy [url=this]this[/url] 250GB HD and follow this guide.

Might as well use my old one, got asll my old stuff on it, then i can sell the console n other bits on ebay. Thanks for your help though

And thanks everyone else who provided "USEFUL" comments

jayjayuk1234

Well, the time u took to post that, why not help or link directly to the … Well, the time u took to post that, why not help or link directly to the guide? or just not post.The latter would be preferable i think

Teach a man to fish...

Adam2050

Arn't they the ones that Microsoft get round to eventually ban the … Arn't they the ones that Microsoft get round to eventually ban the console? Thought they weren't to happy with people doing this.

I haven't heard anything about that.

Original Poster

Thesaint.... I have used google before. But as i contribute quite alot to the site i thought i would ask people who i am pretty sure have come across this.problem before.

That is what misc is for or am i miataken?

thesaint

Teach a man to fish...

Terrible analogy for this situation, op would not have had sufficient knowledge to do a suitable google search to yield the correct results.

Either help, or don't post, posting just to tell somene to google is unhelpful and annoying.

windhoek

I haven't heard anything about that.

Been in the 360 magazines that they were planning to do it............haven't heard anything for a few months though. Could just be Microsoft scaremongering to try to drive people towards the official line. Although no doubt if you go through their T&C's they'll be something to say they can do it.

thesaint

The analogy is spot on. Do you not think the OP had enough knowledge to … The analogy is spot on. Do you not think the OP had enough knowledge to type his question into a search bar? You are having a laugh

The op did not realize he could do as i pointed out, therefore the google search would have resulted in alternative results, possibly to that of using an Official Transfer kit or somesuch.

It is amusing how you take a lot of time to defend yourself, yet your help and contribution to this thread has been non existant, op decided to get help here, if they wanted a search engines opinion they would have done so.

If you don;t know what trolling is, google it

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Question for electrician on bathroom fan44
      2. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1722
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?613
      4. Beds55

See more discussions