What do I need to play online?
Best way to get games?
anything else I might need to use it?

Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Unless it’s digital buy games from eBay / etc.
Digital you don’t really have much choice
Wireless or WiFi
Nothing just to have fun.
To get online you need an internet connection, an account signed up to Xbox live and Xbox live gold membership.
For games I would need to know if your console has a disc drive or whether it is the all digital version.
If you need anything else just drop me a dm and I would be happy to help
If you have a disc console you might find it cheaper to buy your games from CEX rather than new or from the digital store when it comes to older releases.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 23rd Dec 2019
Arto23/12/2019 09:07

To get online you need an internet connection, an account signed up to …To get online you need an internet connection, an account signed up to Xbox live and Xbox live gold membership. For games I would need to know if your console has a disc drive or whether it is the all digital version.If you need anything else just drop me a dm and I would be happy to help

It is the one without a disc drive
I’ve heard about the game pass do you know what it is
Jimathon23/12/2019 10:04

It is the one without a disc driveI’ve heard about the game pass do you k …It is the one without a disc driveI’ve heard about the game pass do you know what it is

This should help you

pocket-lint.com/gam…tml
Jimathon23/12/2019 10:04

It is the one without a disc driveI’ve heard about the game pass do you k …It is the one without a disc driveI’ve heard about the game pass do you know what it is

As you have the all digital console it’s worth pricing around for new games which are sold as a redeem code not a disc. I recommend cdkeys website as can often be cheaper than purchasing direct from the Xbox store
Make sure when you create your online gamertag, that you top it up with gold membership for a prepaid period before upgrading to an ultimate member (where you get the game pass)

Ie - if you top up your account to have 12 months Xbox live gold membership, then upgrade to ultimate for £1 (Xbox has the deal quite frequently), then you effectively get 13 months of Xbox live ultimate and game pass usage for the price of 12 months gold + £1
...cheaper than paying for the monthly subscription straight away

But can only be used if you’ve never had ultimate before
Andrew_Holder23/12/2019 10:16

Make sure when you create your online gamertag, that you top it up with …Make sure when you create your online gamertag, that you top it up with gold membership for a prepaid period before upgrading to an ultimate member (where you get the game pass)Ie - if you top up your account to have 12 months Xbox live gold membership, then upgrade to ultimate for £1 (Xbox has the deal quite frequently), then you effectively get 13 months of Xbox live ultimate and game pass usage for the price of 12 months gold + £1...cheaper than paying for the monthly subscription straight awayBut can only be used if you’ve never had ultimate before

Thanks mate
Another good way to get games is by Gamesharing, you can do it with one other person (who you trust) and it will let you share not just games but just about everything else you can purchase digitally.
Plenty of info online how to do it.
shasnir23/12/2019 11:45

Another good way to get games is by Gamesharing, you can do it with one …Another good way to get games is by Gamesharing, you can do it with one other person (who you trust) and it will let you share not just games but just about everything else you can purchase digitally.Plenty of info online how to do it.

Definitely, I’ve saved a small fortune!!! Only thing to note is that not all digital content is transferred such as special edition content (e.g. Red Dead Special Ed had a rare gun and horse, only the purchaser got it, same with Modern Warfare and the blueprints).
EA access for £20 a year is perfect for digital gaming
The current Xbox Ultimate £1 for 3 months seems to be a good deal, though as mentioned above getting 12 months gold, then upgrading to game pass makes the 12 months ultimate game pass a very cheap way to access tonnes of great games.
You also get a month free EA access in that deal to see which set of games you prefer.

Get disc games from CEX. If spending more on a newer game then buy them online - then you get 7 days no quibbles refund / exchange if you don't like them and only lose £1.50 for delivery despite having a few days to try it out.

I would not buy digital games unless super cheap as its 100% lost money -you cant trade them in or swap them.

If you plan to play online as part of a team or in co-op games like borderlands buy a headset. Dont be a tool and scream and shout at people, but being able to talk to your team mates and coordinate attacks, plus having general chat is much better than a team of silent wolves going it alone!
Ussasx3223/12/2019 15:38

The current Xbox Ultimate £1 for 3 months seems to be a good deal, though …The current Xbox Ultimate £1 for 3 months seems to be a good deal, though as mentioned above getting 12 months gold, then upgrading to game pass makes the 12 months ultimate game pass a very cheap way to access tonnes of great games.You also get a month free EA access in that deal to see which set of games you prefer.Get disc games from CEX. If spending more on a newer game then buy them online - then you get 7 days no quibbles refund / exchange if you don't like them and only lose £1.50 for delivery despite having a few days to try it out.I would not buy digital games unless super cheap as its 100% lost money -you cant trade them in or swap them.If you plan to play online as part of a team or in co-op games like borderlands buy a headset. Dont be a tool and scream and shout at people, but being able to talk to your team mates and coordinate attacks, plus having general chat is much better than a team of silent wolves going it alone!

They’ve got the digital only version so discs aren’t an option
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions