Groups

Xbox Help My son's

My son was playing his xbox360 tonight, while he was on it it just went off, Does anyone know? does that mean it's stuffed! We took all the plugs out and let it cool down, he said he tried it about 2-3 hours later and theonly thing that happened was the small green light came on briefly then went out again!

10 Comments

Banned

Run, get out of that place..

Original Poster

Don't tell me the Aliens are in it!

is the orange light on the power brick still lit/lighting up?

sounds more like the power brick failing than the machine itself, but im no expert

Original Poster

ctuk;8951011

is the orange light on the power brick still lit/lighting up?

Not sure! will ask him in the morning, he's in bed now he's 11 going on 21! LOL will get back to you tomorrow:)

Original Poster

Ok, the power brick light is orange then it goes red when it's all switched on, Does that means it's the power brick and not the xbox! Please let it be that! not mega bucks for the xbox!

Do any red lights light up on the console, it does sound like a power supply issue though if the power supply's light goes red

Original Poster

blackillusion;8952263

Do any red lights light up on the console, it does sound like a power … Do any red lights light up on the console, it does sound like a power supply issue though if the power supply's light goes red

No red lights just on the power brick! When he pushes the on button on the xbox the really small circle come on gree quickly then goes out again, My elest son and his freind have just taken it to try it on his freinds one, so will see if it works that way, hopefully its the power Brick!

adp;8952425

No red lights just on the power brick! When he pushes the on button on … No red lights just on the power brick! When he pushes the on button on the xbox the really small circle come on gree quickly then goes out again, My elest son and his freind have just taken it to try it on his freinds one, so will see if it works that way, hopefully its the power Brick!

Looks like you need to get a new power brick, on the bottom of them it tells you what the coloured lights mean:

LED Status
    Green: Power Good
    Orange: Standby
    Red: Fault Alarm

Check your power supply cables XboxSupportWizardPageDescription

Your power supply cables may not be fully secured.
    Let's unplug and reconnect your power supply

[LIST=1]
    [*]Disconnect the power cord from the back of your console. Unplug the power cord from the power socket and the power supply unit.

http://solutions.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/en-GB/PublishingImages/powersupplydisconnect.jpg
    [*]Reconnect the power cord to the console. Then plug the power cord back into the power socket and the power supply unit.

http://solutions.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/en-GB/PublishingImages/powersupplycables.jpg[/LIST]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671415
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941350
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1024
      4. One for the mathmeticians1118

See more discussions