Groups

Xbox help needed

My Xbox is/was soft modded with Unleash X as the alternate dashboard (ie, had to use eject to load it).

Anyway ... my son has been playing Sonic and Tiger Woods today. When I later went to boot into Unleash X I'm getting a dreaded Error 21 (Call Support) and the button light is flashing red/green.

So I thought I'd FTP to check it ... except I can't even boot into the M$ dashboard either!?

All retail games still load fine, I just cannot access any dashboards.

I think he saved some new games when playing Sonic/Tiger Woods, but I don't see how this has fooked the soft mod.

Anyone know how to fix this? Bare in mind I got this Xbox pre-modded and don't have any of the "special" games required to start over.

Will downloading and doing something using SoftMod installer deluxe help?

I only really want a dash to use XBMC ... so Im not bothered whether or not I have both the M$ and Unleash dashboards installed again .. just something that will load XBMC will do.

7 Comments

Original Poster

Or can I use this :aideluxe.com/ind…uxe

and format the HDD & start over just installing the above. This states "This Disc will only install two dashboards, being the Retail Xbox Dashboard, and XBMC. " Does this mean I don't need the softmod game saves, etc.

Banned

Sounds like a game he loaded asked to update the dash and he clicked yes

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8738142

Try boot something like the aid disk and install a modded dashboard, if … Try boot something like the aid disk and install a modded dashboard, if you can boot off the disk then your mod is intact, if it can't boot it then you need to hotswap it (which I don't recomment), or get the games and saves you need.

Is it worth trying to boot this then: aideluxe.com/ind…uxe

And then install XBMC on its own? Don't want to ****** any files which are already on there, so not sure what to install and where :-s

Original Poster

Also - which dashboard has he updated? the MS one?

I will ask a question of my own if OP doesnt mind.

I have XBMC and various skins on mine but though the partition is 74.9 it seems to say its full with about 10-15 gigs worth of data on it any ideas why?

Question 2 is I want to FTP back to my pc the contents of the drive where the avis and games are on my hd so I can wipe it, update XBMC, install latest emulators and also delete the dozens of doubled up games i.e the europe version and the japanese versions and various games I dont like then FTP back the rest.

I cannot do this, I have tried different cables so not sure if I am getting mixed up between crossover and ethernet but only 1 worked and even that is tempermental and requires wiggling and even then only works on my laptop and not my desktop.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8738210

Juse use … Juse use this:http://www.aideluxe.com/index.php?title=Auto-Installer_DeluxeAnd try re-install unleashx.

OK. I burnt the above to a DVD, stuck it in the drive, turned off and back on.
    And its just going to the same error screen, error code 21.

Does this mean its screwed? :-(

Original Poster

Oh well, thanks anyways.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764446
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1645
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25103
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk32

See more discussions