Groups

XBox Live

Hi, any XB Live members willing to help?

I want to go live but don't know exactly what i need

My XBox is in my bedroom and Internet connection downstairs if that is any help

Thanks
    Rob

11 Comments

you need to go to [url]www.xboxlive.com[/url] and create a GamerTag (top of the page). this will create a Silver Profile

then to play games online you need a Gold profile - [url]www.instantlivecodes.com[/url] is the cheapest place.

To get you box connected to the internet, you need a wireless adaptor (assuming you have wireless availible). these are around £40 new.

Hope this helps.

if you dont have wireless, then the box connects straight to the network via a network cable.

mugglesquop;4090286

To get you box connected to the internet, you need a wireless adaptor … To get you box connected to the internet, you need a wireless adaptor (assuming you have wireless availible). these are around £40 new.

... or a very long network cable

edit: you corrected yourself... damn my slow internet connection this afternoon

mugglesquop;4090286

you need to go to [url]www.xboxlive.com[/url] and create a GamerTag (top … you need to go to [url]www.xboxlive.com[/url] and create a GamerTag (top of the page). this will create a Silver Profilethen to play games online you need a Gold profile - [url]www.instantlivecodes.com[/url] is the cheapest place.To get you box connected to the internet, you need a wireless adaptor (assuming you have wireless availible). these are around £40 new.Hope this helps.

Remember and sign your gamertag up through your xbox and you get 1months gold xboxlive for free.
    After this get your codes from [url]www.buygamingcodes.com[/url] cheapest in town, delivery 24 hours email.
    4 thumbs
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://i44.tinypic.com/11lrinm.jpg

supermod

If you have a wireless router/hub you can get a wireless adaptor for the xbox360's - that's what my children use & very easy to set up (ie even I managed ;-) ). No cables all very tidy & straightforward. Doesn't seen to hog the wireless connection as much as the PS3 does.

chrishill;4090321

... or a very long network cableedit: you corrected yourself... damn my … ... or a very long network cableedit: you corrected yourself... damn my slow internet connection this afternoon

mine is still slow too x x

I have a Cable running from my xbox all way in the wall downstairs into the modem if that gives any ideas lol

Looks like you'll need a wireless adapter, don't want anyone tripping on cables, also don't worry about getting a subscription just yet as you get a free month's trial when you sign up.

Original Poster

game.co.uk/Xbo…RCH

so if i get one of these that's it?

Rob-Rules;4091296

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r327033/Xbox-360-Wireless-Adapter/?recommended=SEARCHso if i get one of these that's it?

Yes thats all your 360 needs to get online wirelessly.

There is a way to use a laptop or a desktop thats on the internet to get your xbox online aswell so you dont need to buy the adapter.

Oh make your gamertag on your xbox and then you get a month free xbox live. Then you can see if you like it before buying the full years subscription.

Rob-Rules;4091296

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r327033/Xbox-360-Wireless-Adapter/?recommended=SEARCHso if i get one of these that's it?

yeah...cheper here tho

shopto.net/pag…I01

then u find the homehub number from ur internet connection and u type that in to vget ur connection
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions