Groups

xbox live

hubby playing cod 4 on live but keeps saying server disconnected, it is run with a wireless adaptor and a speedtouch router,any suggestions as to why this is happening will be much appreciated, many thanks x x x x

16 Comments

not a proper geek when it comes to internet stuff...try resetting everything for 30 second turning off all power to everything...if this still doesnt work try ringing you internet provider and get them to reset the connection for you. Sorry cant help more!

Original Poster

manchesterjim;4462407

not a proper geek when it comes to internet stuff...try resetting … not a proper geek when it comes to internet stuff...try resetting everything for 30 second turning off all power to everything...if this still doesnt work try ringing you internet provider and get them to reset the connection for you. Sorry cant help more!

ok cheers for replying, already tried resetting the router just he getting annoyed now lol x x

it may not be at your end. if the message states something like host ended game then it is the hosting server - not your own. Is it only COD it does it with? - there may be alot of people on the servers at this time!

Original Poster

shadeycat;4462458

it may not be at your end. if the message states something like host … it may not be at your end. if the message states something like host ended game then it is the hosting server - not your own. Is it only COD it does it with? - there may be alot of people on the servers at this time!

yes i think you're right it's been happening all weekend sometimes it says host ended game which he knows is they ended it, but then he would be in the middle of a match and just disconnect him, also it says disconnected from messenger too, it's all new to him so he haven't a clue that's why i thought i'd ask on here, thanks very much for your help though x x x :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Angelstar;4462431

ok cheers for replying, already tried resetting the router just he … ok cheers for replying, already tried resetting the router just he getting annoyed now lol x x

its to do with the settings on the Router.

have a look ]here for the settings for your router. [COLOR="Red"]WARNING: geeky stuff[/COLOR]

Original Poster

mugglesquop;4462508

its to do with the settings on the Router.have a look ]here for the … its to do with the settings on the Router.have a look ]here for the settings for your router.

thanks x x :thumbsup:

Original Poster

mugglesquop;4462508

its to do with the settings on the Router.have a look ]here for the … its to do with the settings on the Router.have a look ]here for the settings for your router. [COLOR="Red"]WARNING: geeky stuff[/COLOR]

yes just realised :oops: lol x x

Angelstar;4462554

yes just realised :oops: lol x x

If you can, disconnect anything else that may be using the internet, and just have the xBox online.

some things can slow it down a lot. Torrent programs being one of them. If they are using a lot of the band width (capacity) then the xbox will struggle to get a decent connection.

Original Poster

mugglesquop;4462586

If you can, disconnect anything else that may be using the internet, and … If you can, disconnect anything else that may be using the internet, and just have the xBox online.some things can slow it down a lot. Torrent programs being one of them. If they are using a lot of the band width (capacity) then the xbox will struggle to get a decent connection.

ok, thanks very much for your help just looking at the link now x x x :thumbsup:

mugglesquop;4462586

If you can, disconnect anything else that may be using the internet, and … If you can, disconnect anything else that may be using the internet, and just have the xBox online.some things can slow it down a lot. Torrent programs being one of them. If they are using a lot of the band width (capacity) then the xbox will struggle to get a decent connection.

i Don't have problem with using internet connection on pc's and torrents etc and xbox .....

my mum, dad and my brother all use their own pc's while im on my pc and my xbox and never get lag etc

try using an ethernet connection angel ........ wireless isnt very good if your not close to the router .....

faevilangel;4462793

i Don't have problem with using internet connection on pc's and torrents … i Don't have problem with using internet connection on pc's and torrents etc and xbox .....my mum, dad and my brother all use their own pc's while im on my pc and my xbox and never get lag etctry using an ethernet connection angel ........ wireless isnt very good if your not close to the router .....

depends on what ur doing on the PCs.

generally mine is fine, and our house runs on the internet lol.

Torrents can cause problems, as they use as much bandwidth (download) as they can, which means that if you have a high download rate on the torrent, it will not leave much for the xbox to use.

Original Poster

faevilangel;4462793

i Don't have problem with using internet connection on pc's and torrents … i Don't have problem with using internet connection on pc's and torrents etc and xbox .....my mum, dad and my brother all use their own pc's while im on my pc and my xbox and never get lag etctry using an ethernet connection angel ........ wireless isnt very good if your not close to the router .....

cheers, yes my router's downstairs and the xbox up, I did buy a guide off ebay to have it connected throught my laptop but he got fed up with the wires and my lappy had to be on when he was on live so i decided to buy the adapter , so far so good it's working ok now, thanks very much for your help though x x x :thumbsup:

Angelstar;4466215

cheers, yes my router's downstairs and the xbox up, I did buy a guide off … cheers, yes my router's downstairs and the xbox up, I did buy a guide off ebay to have it connected throught my laptop but he got fed up with the wires and my lappy had to be on when he was on live so i decided to buy the adapter , so far so good it's working ok now, thanks very much for your help though x x x :thumbsup:

get home plugs ....... you plug one ethernet cable to plug (which you put in a electricity socket) and do the same from xbox to the other plug (the internet connection is sent via the electricity circuit....s uper fast :))

Original Poster

faevilangel;4466249

get home plugs ....... you plug one ethernet cable to plug (which you put … get home plugs ....... you plug one ethernet cable to plug (which you put in a electricity socket) and do the same from xbox to the other plug (the internet connection is sent via the electricity circuit....s uper fast :))

will definately check it out if it keeps happening and then maybe sell the wireless adapter only just bought it too trust me x x x :thumbsup:

there was something on the news about hackers on xbox live

owlass;4467118

there was something on the news about hackers on xbox live

hackers are installing programs on the 360 that you can use to kick people from games etc ...... it tracks your IP then they can kick you from games and ddos (google it) your xbox etc ...

its mostly done by idiots and americans and won't be that common
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562126
      2. Samsung Note 8914
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120

See more discussions