xbox live arcade games and american account

Banned
was about to set up an american account as they have some good offers on some xbox live stuff(games and content) and was wondering when ive downloaded the games they save to the console.......so if the console died would i be able to get the games back??? if i save the gamertag they came from???

cheers

6 Comments

The games are stored on your 360's hard drive. If your console breaks just stick your old hard drive onto your new xbox 360. Also need to retrieve your existing gamertag on the hypothetical new console too.

You can transfer data over to a new HDD from an older HDD with the correct cable too

Original Poster Banned

ohhh right cheers but i thought the games got stored to the xbox itself????

Original Poster Banned

anyone else know???

dave1988;3615753

anyone else know???

Don't you believe him, lol!?

You can 'recover' your gamertag on the new machine, and re-download anything you've bought before. If you're talking about things like Arcade games, you will only be able to play them while hooked up to the net, unless you transfer the licences to your new machine: See ]here

i've just bought a new machine, after not having an xbox for over a year, and just recovered my gamertag and re-downloaded about 30 arcade games...

Only thing is DON'T forget the email address associated with your account. I've lost a couple of my accounts as they were created with old email addresses I no longer have access to, as they've been deleted by NTL. Phoned microsoft, and they said they can't change the email address on the accounts, so I just have to create new ones Grr!

Original Poster Banned

yes will this be different as im talking about an american account

dave1988;3647549

yes will this be different as im talking about an american account

How does that make a difference? They work exactly the same... or am I missing something, here?!? :?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2152
    2. Better watch out for these...913
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763971
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846086

See more discussions