Groups

Xbox Live bans

A quick question regarding a permanent ban from Xbox Live for using an iXtreme flashed drive...

Was wondering if the ban applies to ALL online interactions or just playing games online? I'm probably never going to upgrade to Gold again but could I also be banned from accessing the Marketplace, etc (Silver account stuff)?

5 Comments

yes u are completely banned from xbox live

Banned

DrWeeden

yes u are completely banned from xbox live

this and restrictions placed on installing to the HDD and transfering saved games and achievements on the banned console to a non banned one online/offline. you can uncorrupt saves through hashing software though reasonably easily
    Edited by: "ryman1000" 13th Oct 2010

Original Poster

cheers guys, better keep the ethernet cable unplugged then! http://www.riderfans.com/forum/images/smilies/tinfoilhat.gif

It's only the console that gets banned anyway, not your account, so just get a new one when it happens

ryman1000

this and restrictions placed on installing to the HDD and transfering … this and restrictions placed on installing to the HDD and transfering saved games and achievements on the banned console to a non banned one online/offline. you can uncorrupt saves through hashing software though reasonably easily

Transferring profiles/saves still corrupt but they removed the restrictions on HDD installs about 6 months back. There were questions about it's legality and I think they reinstated it to play it safe.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions