Xbox live codes not working

Found 30th Sep 2011
I went to Tesco last night, and bought Fifa 12, 12 months live, and 800 points for £45. Absolute bargain I thought, Anyway the codes are not working I have tried them on the dashboard and online via the xbox site.

When I try it on the dashboard it recognises the cards as it identifies what they are but when I press to confirm I want to add them to my account it says the codes are not valid.

My mate who bought the same deal is having the same problem! Has anyone else had a problem like this before, and how can Tesco tell that I am not lying as I know it seems a bit strange.

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscXboxXbox Live
16 Comments
Contact M$ and they will verify.
Nailez

Contact M$ and they will verify.

Just seems really strange that it has happened to both mine and my mates as I have never had a problem with these cards before. They are the fifa 12 promo ones. Must be the batch
It may be which is probably why MS would be your best port of call, although Tesco would accept a possible refund/replace the likelyhood will be you will have the same issue.
if the system tells you what the codes are for then it's a problem MS side because if they had been used or not working they would say invalid straight away without telling you what it is.

Probably server issues MS side, phone them up and get them to enter the code into the system.

Tesco will do naff all as do most retailers that sell live/points
Nailez

It may be which is probably why MS would be your best port of call, … It may be which is probably why MS would be your best port of call, although Tesco would accept a possible refund/replace the likelyhood will be you will have the same issue.

Getting them to believe me is the problem. Calling xbox
Receipt shot is usually enough for MS as it means nothing to them and if it is a server side issue then they would know about it, due to it being Fifa12 as well and the launch night/day I would presume that these codes are getting hammered currently.
Phoned Ms, very helpful though took a while.
Tesco haven't validated it instore, Apparently they have to validate it via the till or something.

Pathetic tesco strike again.
dont see how validation at till would enable it as that would require tesco's systems to link to MS's but stranger things have happened i guess
Nailez

dont see how validation at till would enable it as that would require … dont see how validation at till would enable it as that would require tesco's systems to link to MS's but stranger things have happened i guess

Well she said that the code is valid, but it needs activating instore.

Its fair enough if thats what MS says im just confused over process flow
eurogamer.net/for…=30

Just found this forum, I have a feeling this problem is going to be a real pain in the ass
freed79

That was a post in a forum from 09 May 2008 that someone has bumped.

I know but it is similar to my problem.
Nailez

dont see how validation at till would enable it as that would require … dont see how validation at till would enable it as that would require tesco's systems to link to MS's but stranger things have happened i guess

I don't know how it works but it's so stolen cards won't work.
This is dragging on, phoned both ms and tesco 2 or 3 times and each are putting responsibility on the other. Going to tesco now to speak to the manager.

I will return victorious...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-JnfGZFWkcZg/TYPJ4PFlzfI/AAAAAAAAALM/A1S36OYGmcE/william-wallace.jpeg

Right, after standing there for 45 minutes I had microsoft blaming tesco and tesco blaming microsoft. Tesco telling me it is microsoft and me saying no I bought it off you it is your responsibility.

Anyway after this elasped time ms admitted their servers were down and that is why the code will not work. I was advised their servers should all be up and running within 24 hours.

Why couldnt they have realised their servers were down quicker, its their bleeding company.

This situation confirms that yanks are absolutely useless.

Codes working now, happy days
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants