xbox live connection problems?

Found 28th Feb 2010
having problems being kicked out of live

have wireless adapter (the white one)

and a new sky broadband connection

didnt have problems before the new broadband was installed

can anyone help please?

4 Comments

i have seen a few posts on the net for this problem with sky broadband, i would start with checking you router setup and making the wireless security WEP ( xbox live does not like WPA2 ) also set your xbox to a dedicated ip address on your router.

failing that I know there is a reason why you have a wifi adapter but can you test it with network cable. I take it sky replaced your old modem router with ....a. Netgear dg834 maybe >? or which one or which one did you used to have ?

Original Poster

golfer18;7979662

i have seen a few posts on the net for this problem with sky broadband, i … i have seen a few posts on the net for this problem with sky broadband, i would start with checking you router setup and making the wireless security WEP ( xbox live does not like WPA2 ) also set your xbox to a dedicated ip address on your router.

thanks mate, he has sorted it for now- tried moving his wireless adapter!

repped for help:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dontasciime;7979812

failing that I know there is a reason why you have a wifi adapter but … failing that I know there is a reason why you have a wifi adapter but can you test it with network cable. I take it sky replaced your old modem router with ....a. Netgear dg834 maybe >? or which one or which one did you used to have ?

i'm not sure he lives with his mum but just rang me up moaning! his stepdad is a ps3 fanboy and kept saying it was because it was an xbox :-D

they have got it working now so will leave them to it - cheers mate repped

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. life1016
  2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771804
  3. Is this legal?22
  4. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1117

See more discussions