Xbox Live free 400 points + Worms

16 replies
Found 20th Dec 2008
Anybody else get a email about renewing their membership with 12 months code and you get 400 free points?
I got one but it was on a different email to the one that my gamertag is on..
So I decided to send a email to microsoft..
Got the most unhelpful email back ever!
Try our Xbox FAQ or response agent ( a robot)
So I rang up and after the person speaking to her supervisor I have just spent my free 400 points on Worms
Anyway Im off to play it
Happy Christmas!

16 Comments

Yeah I had an email come through about it, thing is I renewed my membership late november, is it worth calling Microsoft to try and get it?

Will buy 2 sets of 400 points if anyone wants to sell.

Original Poster

Yeah just say that you got the email sent to your account and therefore you should get it!

Give them a ring tonight!
They shut at 8, although at first you have to talk to this robot ( i found slightly weird )but after tht they answer pretty quick

Original Poster

n1ck09;3820125

Will buy 2 sets of 400 points if anyone wants to sell.

They just get added to your account im afraid :oops:

No worries, thanks anyway.

spikeyjacko;3820131

They just get added to your account im afraid :oops:

Will try now, thanks for the info, rep added :):)

Original Poster

cicobuff;3820190

Will try now, thanks for the info, rep added :):)

Let me know how you get on!

didn't get the email..

were you close to renewal at the time?

Original Poster

grex9101;3820480

didn't get the email..were you close to renewal at the time?

I had actually just renewed it a couple of days before

spikeyjacko;3820303

I fri**ing hate ringing Microsoft!, first try waited on the phone for 10 mins then cut off.....second attempt got through quicker, but had the usual simpleton the other end, no matter how clearly you explain its always they have to go off to "escalate".

Then he wanted me to forward the email, and said he would give me a reference number, fair enough,...silence.....

Told him I was ready....he said "I will tell you when I am ready"....."ok", I replied....silence for two mins, then more mutterings from him as he was typing out the reference log......"how many points was that", "400 I replied"....another 5 minutes......"what date did you get the email"...."18th December" I replied...another 2 minutes.....reference number supplied...and I managed to end the call after like 30 minutes total, all to send a email through to customer support with a reference number.....

Now I probably will have to wait 3 weeks before I get any reply from that!

Love my 360, hate Microsoft indian call centre with a vengeance....had no end of trouble with getting my Microsoft Steering wheel retrofitted.

The email I received was to do with GOW2, some promotion connected with that, and was a last chance to claim free 400 points, strangely never had an email b4 though, but will chase it up to be honoured seeing they sent it to my account.

Original Poster

Wow thats bad!
Try ringing again tommorow or whatever

spikeyjacko;3820869

Wow thats bad!Try ringing again tommorow or whatever

Well I have forwarded the email through to them, perhaps if I do phone again I may get 800 points, 400 from each :thumbsup:

But yeah, I mean fancy wanting to see the email as sort of "proof" over 400 sodding points, I mean really, you would just think they would add them to your account and say "done sir" now wouldnt you....well...they did in your case lol.

Shame I was going to add them to the little bank of points I already had for some old skool gaming and download Sensi Soccer.

Original Poster

I knoww
Unlucky though

Original Poster

Lmao just got a email , with guess what!
My free 400 xbox live points!
:w00t:
I just added them and they worked as well!
So they send an email out like a month later giving me antoher 400 lol!
The people I rang up obviously didnt have a cluee!

So its worth phoning up?

Original Poster

Well did you sign up for your xbox live 12 months in december?
If so then yeah, cos when I rang up they gave me 400 points over the phone ( obviously didnt know how the promotion wortked) and then ive just got a email with the points in and i tried them and it gave me another 400 lol!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769526
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114653
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2535
    4. word association Game74244927

See more discussions