Groups

Xbox Live Free To All For Halo 3 Launch

"We get a lot of stick for how big Halo has become, with T-shirts, sodas, action figures and so on, but sometimes our promotional partners give you something to really sink your teeth into. Such is the case with our friends at Best Buy. And this one is BIG.

During the launch period of Halo 3, the 25th, 26th and 27th of September, Best Buy will be sponsoring the Xbox Live Gold service and making it free for everyone. Think of it as Halo Free Gold Days. That means that even if you only have Xbox Live Silver, or you picked up a 360 just for Halo 3, that youll be able to try almost all of the features online co-op, Multiplayer, Forge editing, viewing networked Saved Films - however, you will not be able to use our File Share system unless you subscribe to the paid Xbox Live Gold service.

To be honest, its a blessing for us. Some of our games most amazing features can only be fully enjoyed on Xbox Live with a Gold account and we wanted as many people as possible to at least try those features. Now they can. Which means less talk and more action. So thanks to Best Buy, during those first three days, all youll need is an Xbox 360, a broadband connection and a copy of Halo 3. Although, it should be noted youll have access to Xbox Live Gold for any game, not just ours.

And thats not all. Best Buy is pulling out all the stops by presenting the Xbox Live and Best Buy Play & Win Sweepstakes-8000 Microsoft Points will be given away during the free Xbox Live period to 144 randomly selected winners. Which means you might be lucky enough to win some points to download and watch some HD movies on your 360 and presumably the ridiculously giant new Home Theater setup you just bought for Halo 3. You did, right? Youre not playing Halo 3 on a 14 inch set in your basement are you?

Turning this into a real event, those first prize winners will then be entered for the chance to win an incredibly well-specified and complete Home Theater setup, comprising the brand-new Samsung AS720 5.1, HDMI-equipped Home Theater system, an upscaling DVD player and the state of the art LED-powered Samsung HLT6187 61 inch 1080p DLP TV. Paired with a 360 running Halo 3, its quite a system.

And thats not all in conjunction with Pontiac, one of these 144 lucky winners will be awarded a Halo 3 themed Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition.

bungie.net/ima…jpg
    Your future ride?

bungie.net/ima…jpg
    Inside your future ride?

Oh, and speaking of Home Theater experiences, watch out in the near future for our launch article on AV calibration and Halo 3.

Make sure you register in the Xbox LIVE and Best Buy Play & Win Sweepstakes for your chance to enter and win these great prizes: bestbuy.com/sit…143

And remember, this is a Best Buy contest, not a Bungie one, so make sure you read all their terms and conditions!"

Taken from: bungie.net/New…761

Thought it might be beneficial for those who are living off of 48 hour codes :w00t:

10 Comments

12 Days......:whistling:

phwoar i'd want to win the car then sell it to some nerd.
    Then buy myself an aston martin

Why do they have to use a ****** american car for the halo theme?

I wonder how much they were paid for that truly abominable Photoshop work. It's literally so bad it makes me sick - prob earn more than me in a bloody week! :whistling: This Halo 3 launch has really snuck up, I guess the lack of a summer has helped matters. Indeed when will Amazon suddenly decide I'm no longer allowed my £39.99 preorder of the Legendary edition... it's been placed since March so there will be all hell to pay if it's not honoured.

You do realise that is for US residents only...

Abbreviated Rules: Xbox LIVE and Best Buy Play and Win Sweepstakes. NO … Abbreviated Rules: Xbox LIVE and Best Buy Play and Win Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S. AND D.C., 18 YEARS AND OLDER WHO POSSESS A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AT TIME OF ENTRY.

11 Days.......:whistling: :whistling:

So basically free xbox live for a bit when you get halo 3

dandoc2

So basically free xbox live for a bit when you get halo 3

Nope just XBOX Live for free for a few days.

Assuming it's not for North Americans only, I don't think the Live bit is... but we will see

It is for US residents only (as most bonus xbox live things are). It's being sponsored by the US company Best Buy that isn't too interested in promoting itself in Europe. So the thread is misleading.

Original Poster

thread is only as misleading as the update on bungie, which only states that competition is open to the us. doesnt say anything about who the XBL offer is open to, so one assumes, all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions