Xbox live Gold

Posted 25th Mar
Morning guys. My little boys birthday today. He’s had a brand new Xbox. Came with 14 day live but it says it’s expired. I know it hasn’t been used as it’s brand new the game downloads are new and everything sealed so not sure why it won’t work!
Bit of a long shot does anyone have a live code they can spare for us. Hoping some offer pops up on the homepage eventually.

Many thanks Staci x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
Rune_2H25/03/2020 09:16

Comment deleted

That’s fantastic and so kind if available! Yes it says it had expired. Currently just downloading everything this setting up is longggggg lol x
parisp25/03/2020 09:18

That’s fantastic and so kind if available! Yes it says it had expired. C …That’s fantastic and so kind if available! Yes it says it had expired. Currently just downloading everything this setting up is longggggg lol x

If you can’t get one then you can do the Brazil trick with cd keys for less than £25 for the year
Arto25/03/2020 09:28

If you can’t get one then you can do the Brazil trick with cd keys for l …If you can’t get one then you can do the Brazil trick with cd keys for less than £25 for the year

Thanks. Will look into other options. He’s only 6 so will probably only use it for minecraft roblox and YouTube. I’m not sure yet if a full subscription is worthy for him x
parisp25/03/2020 09:45

Thanks. Will look into other options. He’s only 6 so will probably only u …Thanks. Will look into other options. He’s only 6 so will probably only use it for minecraft roblox and YouTube. I’m not sure yet if a full subscription is worthy for him x

6 year old not wanting to play Fortnight?
Arto25/03/2020 09:47

6 year old not wanting to play Fortnight?

Haha yes didn’t want put that in case anyone judged me it’s takin ages download x
parisp25/03/2020 10:09

Haha yes didn’t want put that in case anyone judged me it’s takin a …Haha yes didn’t want put that in case anyone judged me it’s takin ages download x

Apex legends is superior to Fortnite in the free to play category in my opinion ....but that's a discussion for another thread
I wasn't aware that XBL codes EVER expired? They ARE single use though. I have used "donkey's years old" codes before...

Just a quick Google suggests they don't either? Odd that yours in a sealed box doesn't work. You are sure you entered it correctly? Not to be condescending but on more than one occasion, I've accidentally clicked a wrong 'digit' and then realised my error! Hehe.

Hope you can get sorted. I know it's not the best time but perhaps ask Microsoft on 'chat' to see why (and when) your code was redeemed. They should be able to investigate.

Regards, Phsy.
Phsycronix25/03/2020 11:58

I wasn't aware that XBL codes EVER expired? They ARE single use though. I …I wasn't aware that XBL codes EVER expired? They ARE single use though. I have used "donkey's years old" codes before...Just a quick Google suggests they don't either? Odd that yours in a sealed box doesn't work. You are sure you entered it correctly? Not to be condescending but on more than one occasion, I've accidentally clicked a wrong 'digit' and then realised my error! Hehe.Hope you can get sorted. I know it's not the best time but perhaps ask Microsoft on 'chat' to see why (and when) your code was redeemed. They should be able to investigate.Regards, Phsy.

I did think the same. I tried it twice double checking the second time it was deffo correct. The Xbox was brand new sealed off eBay. This was my worry before purchasing but there’s no way at all the box was opened beforehand. The minecraft codes worked but the 14 day code didn’t. I’ll try it again I’m sure it says it had expired. X
parisp25/03/2020 12:34

I did think the same. I tried it twice double checking the second time it …I did think the same. I tried it twice double checking the second time it was deffo correct. The Xbox was brand new sealed off eBay. This was my worry before purchasing but there’s no way at all the box was opened beforehand. The minecraft codes worked but the 14 day code didn’t. I’ll try it again I’m sure it says it had expired. X

I’ve been given a code on here. Redeemed that and now it says I have gold up until 8th April. But surely this code should follow on ?? I’m gonna have to contact them because it deffo didn’t redeem on the account. We tried to load roblox before I was kindly given a code on here and it wouldn’t work without gold so I know it didn’t go on the account. It’s all new and confusing for me
parisp25/03/2020 12:34

I did think the same. I tried it twice double checking the second time it …I did think the same. I tried it twice double checking the second time it was deffo correct. The Xbox was brand new sealed off eBay. This was my worry before purchasing but there’s no way at all the box was opened beforehand. The minecraft codes worked but the 14 day code didn’t. I’ll try it again I’m sure it says it had expired. X

I keep reading different things (as you ALWAYS do!) when researching. Some say "bundled" codes in console boxes DON'T expire - then some say ONLY if it has an expiry date mentioned on the voucher? Some say (as I did) that they have codes from really old games (48hr/3-day etc.) that still work when redeemed many years later.

I just went through all my various cases etc. and I've found a really old 2-day pass! If you would like to give it a try then please ask and I'll PM it to you. It's not much (I know) but a couple of days to have a play around is better than nothing, eh?

Oh, and as another thought: make sure you're not mistaking a "V" for a "U", a "5" for an "S" and things like that. I've done that one too!
parisp25/03/2020 12:41

I’ve been given a code on here. Redeemed that and now it says I have gold u …I’ve been given a code on here. Redeemed that and now it says I have gold up until 8th April. But surely this code should follow on ?? I’m gonna have to contact them because it deffo didn’t redeem on the account. We tried to load roblox before I was kindly given a code on here and it wouldn’t work without gold so I know it didn’t go on the account. It’s all new and confusing for me

If you've redeemed the 14 day offered by another member, then that is right. From now till 8th April. If your code you got in the box is a duff or expired code then it wouldn't work - period. You are correct though that you used to be able to stack codes. I'm still on XB360 but "Gold" works the same on either console. I don't know much about "Roblox" but I guess it's an "online only" game so it wouldn't run without a Gold sub.

*Edit*
Yes, having looked - Roblox IS an 'online only' game so it wouldn't have worked WITHOUT a sub. Don't forget: there are a few "Free to download" games on the marketplace that you can bag to keep him occupied also. I'll drop this thread link but have a read as some are just demo's - some only work online etc.

hotukdeals.com/dis…946
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 25th Mar
Maverick7725/03/2020 11:50

Apex legends is superior to Fortnite in the free to play category in my …Apex legends is superior to Fortnite in the free to play category in my opinion ....but that's a discussion for another thread

I don’t have a clue it kept saying buy pack 950 when we started I pressed some buttons and he went on it but kept asking for help so it’s gone straight off.
parisp25/03/2020 12:53

I don’t have a clue it kept saying buy pack 950 when we started I pressed s …I don’t have a clue it kept saying buy pack 950 when we started I pressed some buttons and he went on it but kept asking for help so it’s gone straight off.

These "Free to play" games tend to rely on people purchasing "Add-ons" or credits to boost gameplay. The 950 could refer to the Season 4 which costs - I think - 950 Apex Coins. I don't play myself but most of them do the same. It's how they make their money! Just be careful/aware that if you buy anything on the console directly by registering a pay method (CC/Paypal etc.) then your little pride and joy could inadvertently buy stuff without your say so or knowledge. Forewarned is forearmed...
parisp25/03/2020 12:53

I don’t have a clue it kept saying buy pack 950 when we started I pressed s …I don’t have a clue it kept saying buy pack 950 when we started I pressed some buttons and he went on it but kept asking for help so it’s gone straight off.

Oh dear :/
Maverick7725/03/2020 11:50

Apex legends is superior to Fortnite in the free to play category in my …Apex legends is superior to Fortnite in the free to play category in my opinion ....but that's a discussion for another thread

Fortnite is by far the better game in my opinion, can't stand first person shooters. Personal opinions aside Fortnites style and game play is much more appealing (cartoon like) to younger players than Apex. It's a shame Fortnite needs Gold on the Xbox, on the PS4 it's completely free.
Microsoft support are really good and will ring you back. Also maybe try redeeming through a webpage on pc..
Phsycronix25/03/2020 13:07

These "Free to play" games tend to rely on people purchasing "Add-ons" or …These "Free to play" games tend to rely on people purchasing "Add-ons" or credits to boost gameplay. The 950 could refer to the Season 4 which costs - I think - 950 Apex Coins. I don't play myself but most of them do the same. It's how they make their money! Just be careful/aware that if you buy anything on the console directly by registering a pay method (CC/Paypal etc.) then your little pride and joy could inadvertently buy stuff without your say so or knowledge. Forewarned is forearmed...

Neither Fortnite nor Apex requires people to pay. Paid for items are cosmetic and offer no advantage (no pay to win), it's by far the best model for video games. Of course your child will be constantly asking for Vbucks but that's down to the parent to manage. I allow my boys (and myself )to have the Battle Passes and that's it.
Azwipe25/03/2020 13:17

Neither Fortnite nor Apex requires people to pay. Paid for items are …Neither Fortnite nor Apex requires people to pay. Paid for items are cosmetic and offer no advantage (no pay to win), it's by far the best model for video games. Of course your child will be constantly asking for Vbucks but that's down to the parent to manage. I allow my boys (and myself )to have the Battle Passes and that's it.

That's kinda what I meant. Definitely not as bad as these games with "loot" boxes etc. You read some real 'horror' stories from parents whose little'uns (bless em!) have gotten hold of their credit card and had a splurge...
I’ve had this issue before buddy. I gave my mate mine as my other one he had said it didn’t work.
I would suggest try the £1 gamepass ultimate if you are stuck for something buddy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants