Groups

Xbox Live Gold Sub Codes - Region Free?

Does anyone know for certain, preferably from personal experience if Xbox Live subscription codes (not points) are region free? Google seems to give mixed feedback!

!
    - demolisher

9 Comments

You cannot use some in UK

Original Poster

dontasciime

You cannot use some in UK

Like the 12+1 month cards?

I need to use some 3 months cards, most likely on USA accounts

where did you source the 3 months cards ?

I have been using gaming mall dot com for my codes, USA to UK, unless they sell european specifics.

My friend (in Glasgow) has a USA xbox, as his inlaws live in the US, so its american, and buys codes from game etc. No issues.

Accounts????

Original Poster

dontasciime

where did you source the 3 months cards ?

I havent yet. I've got a WTD thread up here as I know some people will have them left over from the Argos deal. Hopefully they should work, if not I will use them myself

Original Poster

Geezso

I have been using gaming mall dot com for my codes, USA to UK, unless … I have been using gaming mall dot com for my codes, USA to UK, unless they sell european specifics. My friend (in Glasgow) has a USA xbox, as his inlaws live in the US, so its american, and buys codes from game etc. No issues.Accounts????

Thanks for the info. Gamingmall(dot)com dont seem to have any codes atm!

Maybe try one of them as I know form buying 12 months ages ago on ebay that the seller stipulated for us accounts only..

You are right there is a lot of conflicting information saying that the 12+ 1 are a no go but the 3 months are fine .

I have a us account and some 3 month codes but don't fancy enabling xbox live on the us account other than silver

Original Poster

Think I will just grab some 3 month codes from people from the argos deal. Worse that can happen is I end up with 6 months extra gold for myself lol

[/quote]Thanks for the info. Gamingmall(dot)com dont seem to have any codes atm![/quote]

Best of luck, gaming mall has great deals, but isnt on here as its not a UK deal. Worth a watching.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions