Expired

Xbox live has auto renewed when I specifically turned auto renew off! What can I do?

Edited by:"LeahsMintytoutou"Found 23rd Jan
Hey everyone I've woke up this morning to a text saying Xbox live has auto renewed from today and I know I turned off auto renewel off. So I rang my bank and they told me to call Microsoft so I've searched for a number but it's closed till 9am so does not display the number (presuming it will display the number when it's open)

Has anybody else had this happen? I'm quite annoyed as I always turn off auto renewal and I and bloody certain I did turn it off.
Ive never had to deal with this issue or Microsoft before so I don't know, are they going to be funny and refuse and that's that?

thanks for any advice on this
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
You'd probably get 14 days grace to cancel if it's classed as a new purchase, I'm sure if you call or live chat at 9am they'll cancel and refund without argument. They refunded my ea access sub no problem, slightly different as that was a brand new purchase but I'm sure it'll be fine.
As above plus don't log on our use the service, then they can't argue that you have used it. I don't think it will be an issue anyway to be honest.
Original Poster
Richard_Richard21 m ago

You'd probably get 14 days grace to cancel if it's classed as a new …You'd probably get 14 days grace to cancel if it's classed as a new purchase, I'm sure if you call or live chat at 9am they'll cancel and refund without argument. They refunded my ea access sub no problem, slightly different as that was a brand new purchase but I'm sure it'll be fine.

mrty15 m ago

As above plus don't log on our use the service, then they can't argue that …As above plus don't log on our use the service, then they can't argue that you have used it. I don't think it will be an issue anyway to be honest.

Thankyou, you've both put my mind at slight ease about it. I've never had to deal with a problem with Xbox so I wasn't sure what kind of customer service I'd be dealing with. I won't turn on the Xbox or anything till it's sorted. I'll ring or do live chat at 9. I'll update you on how it goes
thanks again
Original Poster
@mrty@Richard_Richard
do any any of you know a phone number to contact them? If I try to use their contact us feature it's asking me to log in to Microsoft live. Not sure if that will class as my logging in and using the service
LeahsMintytoutou5 m ago

@mrty @Richard_Richard do any any of you know a phone number to contact …@mrty @Richard_Richard do any any of you know a phone number to contact them? If I try to use their contact us feature it's asking me to log in to Microsoft live. Not sure if that will class as my logging in and using the service

Think you'll have to sign in for that, the options I see are request a call from them or live chat.

support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us

No here is a page with numbers

support.xbox.com/en-…fal
Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 23rd Jan
Original Poster
Richard_Richard12 m ago

Think you'll have to sign in for that, the options I see are request a …Think you'll have to sign in for that, the options I see are request a call from them or live chat.support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-usNo here is a page with numbershttps://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=fal

Thankyou! Just rang the number and spoke to a lovely guy who cancelled subscription straight away. Thanks for your help. I don't know why but I was thinking it was going to be such a performance.
Right now now I have to find a good live deal thanks a lot
Did you pay by Direct Debit from a bank account? If yes, ring the bank again and instruct them to recover an improperly taken payment. Its called the DD Guarantee. They have to refund it. MS has no say whatsoever in the matter.

I don't know the rules on a credit card DD payment.
Original Poster
ccnp22 m ago

Did you pay by Direct Debit from a bank account? If yes, ring the bank …Did you pay by Direct Debit from a bank account? If yes, ring the bank again and instruct them to recover an improperly taken payment. Its called the DD Guarantee. They have to refund it. MS has no say whatsoever in the matter.I don't know the rules on a credit card DD payment.

I've rang Xbox and they cancelled it already. I was hoping an offer would appear on my homepage for gold renewal but nope, nothing there but the 39.99 I'm not paying that for it as it doesn't get used much.
Just before christmas I had a 10 month old xbox one console that the harddrive had failed, I had to go through Xbox support but what a nightmare. It was like I was the first person to ever arrange a warranty repair, even Tesco direct tried on my behalf a few times, in the end Tesco told me to just bring the console back to any store for a full refund, very happy as the refund was enough to purchase a brand new Xbox one s with Forza horizon hot console plus Forza 7.
@LeahsMintytoutou
looking for a deal ? 6 months Xbox live gold for £14.99 at Amazon
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 23rd Jan
Original Poster
Toptrumpet47 m ago

@LeahsMintytoutou looking for a deal ? 6 months Xbox live gold for £14.99 …@LeahsMintytoutou looking for a deal ? 6 months Xbox live gold for £14.99 at Amazon

Wow that's great thanks! Really appreciate that. It seems to have added 7 months on not 6... Not sure if I'm being dumb lol
33120010-NKk2p.jpg
No you’re not being dumb. I think you get a month free if your auto renewal is on when you put the code in. The codes stack so you could buy another one today if you wanted. Just make sure your auto renewal is definitely off now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants