Found 10th Apr 2009
I have just got an xbox elite i want to connect to live but dont want to pay the £60 for the wireless kit so for now will connect with a cable the one that comes with the set looks like it connects into the back of my wireless sky router then into my xbox is this the correct way to do it i know i could read the instuctions but i am a man lol. Also if it is it is not long enouth does anybody know the best place to get an extra long cable eg which one is it i need from argos or currys etc.

9 Comments

Yeah plug into router and back of xbox, ebay possibly best for a long cable. or try looking for some cheap powerline adapters

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4887082

Yeah plug into router and back of xbox, ebay possibly best for a long … Yeah plug into router and back of xbox, ebay possibly best for a long cable. or try looking for some cheap powerline adapters

Is that what i should search for or is it called a perticular name sorry for asking such simple questions

you may get this cable cheap and it would do the business
amazon.co.uk/20m…-9d

singer

Original Poster

singer;4887153

you may get this cable cheap and it would do the … you may get this cable cheap and it would do the businesshttp://www.amazon.co.uk/20m-Crossover-Ethernet-Patch-Cable/dp/B000TVP70S/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239377230&sr=8-9d singer

Thanks rep added does anybody know one in argos etc or what to look for in currys pcword etc will pay a bit more as i can try it this weekend but if its much more i will wait.

this one from argos may do the business it more expensive and shorter though m8
]http//ww…htm

singer

Can't remember what they're called but their is a way to use a plug socket to carry your internet. Basically you buy two of these, plug one into a socket with a ethernet cable to your router, then plug the other in near your xbox with another ethernet cable to your xbox.

Like these: svp.co.uk/pro…pg=

its bascially cat 5(e) cable...

avialable from any good local computer store .. and some sh1te ones too! :thumbsup: think i paid £5 for a 5m length

Original Poster

Disco;4887920

its bascially cat 5(e) cable... avialable from any good local computer … its bascially cat 5(e) cable... avialable from any good local computer store .. and some sh1te ones too! :thumbsup: think i paid £5 for a 5m length

Thanks rep added got one from e-bay 15m for £4.50 with postage

unless you need that length, try to use a shorter length as poss.. i've heard the quality of the connection isnt as good the longer you use

3m - very good
10m - avg
15 - below avg

(just basing that on what i've had!)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration22
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247564
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322806
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414631