Groups

xbox live help

Just set up an xbox 360 for my gf that I bought off here a month or so ago... I've paid for gold membership and have had confirmation of payment.

however when we try n chat to each other over xbox live it says joining then the name disappears and we don't connect.

also tried r6v and can't join each others games

13 Comments

yeah mate its your NAT problems, go to your system blade and test connection, either your or your G.F is either "Moderate" or "strict", it needs to be "open".

have a look at this site mate,

xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/

Original Poster

can i have an idiots guide plz

fwibble

can i have an idiots guide plz

I think thats the best site that can help you. or you could change your routers.

If your NAT is not open you may have to setup port forwarding. This site explains all and has instructions for lots of different routers.....
    portforward.com/

you need to open the ports on your router

Original Poster

its strict apparantly, i'm not at her house, she has a bt homehub n apparantly need to set the UPnP to open but i don't have a clue

hub > Configuration > application sharing > Upnp *tick*

I have a bt home hub and i got a strict nat. The only thing i found which fixed it was to set the xbox to be DMZ.

Tatey

I have a bt home hub and i got a strict nat. The only thing i found which … I have a bt home hub and i got a strict nat. The only thing i found which fixed it was to set the xbox to be DMZ.

you have to create a application on the router

Get her to ring BT, they'll talk her through what to do. :thumbsup:

I have a BT home hub.I was getting the "strict" setting on the xbox.
    It was hard to find a game on xbox live.
    i used the link proved, now i have a "open" setting xbox and can join lots of games

Original Poster

add-man

]http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub/Xbox_Live_360.htm

this worked thank you for your help and to the rest if you that replied
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2171
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it22
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay918
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?915

See more discussions