Groups

Xbox live help please.

I am very old (42) and have an Xbox 360.
    What do I need to set it up for Xbox live.

Rep for help, please speak in English as I wont understand IT talk.

12 Comments

Hook up ethernet cable from 360 to router, there you go.

What broadband do you have?

You may be able to plug your xbox directly into your modem, or you may need a router.

either an xbox360 wireless adaptor or run a cable from router to xbox .......

need a ethernet cable just holler got loads here :lol:

I used an ethernet cable from my xbox to my router first to establish the connection (go onto network settings on the system section to set up the connection)...Then once the connection was sorted I bought a wireless network adapter so I could play wirelessly.

Basically you need that long cable with plastic endings which are the same each side, its usually inside the box.

You plug one plastic thingy at the back of the xbox and then the other plastic thingy in the router.

If your router is far away then you need a wireless thingy which can cost around £40

when you've done all that you need to chose a gamer tag choose xbox gold and you will get a month free. When my hubby done this last week it took ages to upgrade

Original Poster

MarzBarz;4324434

Basically you need that long cable with plastic endings which are the … Basically you need that long cable with plastic endings which are the same each side, its usually inside the box. You plug one plastic thingy at the back of the xbox and then the other plastic thingy in the router. If your router is far away then you need a wireless thingy which can cost around £40

erm, thanks:?

skusey;4324541

erm, thanks:?

Didn't he dumb it down enough for you?

didnt notice your comment about not speaking IT talk lol...Heres what you will need plus links to where to buy them. I used play.com simply because i use the site ALOT.

Ethernet cable - this connects into the back of your router and the other end goes in the back of your xbox

play.com/PC/…tml

Then go on to system settings, then network settings on your xbox and its fairly self explanatory from there. If you want to keep playing using the cable then thats all you need. However, if you want to play wirelessly then you will need a:

Wireless Network Adaptor - Plug this into the back of your xbox and use the same steps as before to allow the network adapter to find your wireless connection.

play.com/Gam…e=0

These a pretty expensive but search around you should be able to find them cheaper.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

How sweet Skusey, I have some strapping teenagers and I get them to do everything technical, I used to be good at techy things once but they have made me very lazy .Ahhh, do you have any babies that will help you in your old age??

Original Poster

wendyak;4324809

How sweet Skusey, I have some strapping teenagers and I get them to do … How sweet Skusey, I have some strapping teenagers and I get them to do everything technical, I used to be good at techy things once but they have made me very lazy .Ahhh, do you have any babies that will help you in your old age??

got two girls but dont get to see them very often:x

soon as you are on, add us to your friends list and we can talk you through COD5
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA55
      2. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?59
      3. Speccing a gaming pc415
      4. Deliveroo11

See more discussions