Groups

XBOX live help wanted please!

Our xbox was replaced by Microsoft because the red lights came on and it didn't work. With the replacement one they sent a months free subscription to XBOX live. My son says I have to buy a wireless adapter...is this right? If so please can you tell me exactly what it is and approx how much? Thank you.

10 Comments

Well if you can connect it to your router with a cable then you will save £50 on the wireless adapter.

Banned

agreed

or if PC is next to 360, Ethernet cable between the 2 (cable supplied with pro/elite) which is good if your wireless and router too far away

Original Poster

Ok, is that an ethernet cable? Oh, it is I just read the next comment.

Original Poster

Our pc is in a different room (with the telephone socket) but we are wireless and have a laptop usually in the same room as the xbox.

Use the laptop then. Just connect the 360 to the ethernet port on the laptop then follow these instructions. bimmergeek.blogspot.com/200…tml

Banned

scabbers;2008353

Our pc is in a different room (with the telephone socket) but we are … Our pc is in a different room (with the telephone socket) but we are wireless and have a laptop usually in the same room as the xbox.

You could probably do it that way. I have just ordered 2 Poweline adapters for my 360, due to poor signal reception, so thats another idea, but you would be paying £30 approx for them...

some have said there are much cheaper alternatives to official adapter, but I don't know much about them, some sort of wireless receiver...certain models only work though

Banned

probably easier to do it that way. Follow LaoTzu's instructions

Original Poster

Thanks all! ;-)

Just get an ethernet cable will save you loads if you dont mind the cable

i dont but my mum moans about it every day but meh im not spending £50 on a wireless adaptor
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????56
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
      3. Now tv entertainment passes22
      4. Any free Now TV sports passes?33

See more discussions