Groups

Xbox live keeps dropping connection. Only once but everytime i play

I'm using a wired connection. Every game I play xbl will work for 5 minutes or so then it disconnects. Once I sign in again there are no problems unless I play a different game. This has been happening for months now, anyone have a solution to this?

14 Comments

Could be anything from your xbox, LAN cable, Router, Modem, Xbox Live... You need to eliminate things one at a time to pinpoint the issue. Have you forwarded your ports, set a static IP address etc?

Router/Modem model number ? Type of Service (Connection) / ISP ?

Game it happens on ?

Xbox 360 or Xbox One ?

Edited by: "dontasciime" 4th Jan 2015

Original Poster

Xbox 360. I used wireless before and had the same issue. It happens on every game. Once I sign in again it's fine, but if I go to the dashboard the problems starts over. It happens on every app/game.

Who is your isp? Have you static ip'd? Have you forwarded the ports?

Original Poster

bumbaclart

OP Xbox Live is having issues, this might be the … OP Xbox Live is having issues, this might be the issue?http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

stuarthanley

Talktalk is my ISP. I have forwarded most of the ports, my router wouldn't let me do UDP and TCP simultaneously on one of the ports for some reason. I've had the problem for a couple of months now unfortunately.

FriendlyRyan

Xbox 360. I used wireless before and had the same issue. It happens on … Xbox 360. I used wireless before and had the same issue. It happens on every game. Once I sign in again it's fine, but if I go to the dashboard the problems starts over. It happens on every app/game.

Delete your gamer profile and re-download it eg take the newer one. If it still does it then clear your cache.

need to know which game as you wouldnt be able to use an Xbox One without being able to sign into LIVE(well, it will turn on and let you browse local stuff...most games are a no-no if your not connected)

i find Fifa15 pretends that i am not online if i dont play game after game after game, if i have a slight break, it tries to give me garbage about my NAT and LAN ports...utter tosh

a quick back to the main menu and back into game sorts it out though

kingtreelo

need to know which game as you wouldnt be able to use an Xbox One without … need to know which game as you wouldnt be able to use an Xbox One without being able to sign into LIVE(well, it will turn on and let you browse local stuff...most games are a no-no if your not connected)i find Fifa15 pretends that i am not online if i dont play game after game after game, if i have a slight break, it tries to give me garbage about my NAT and LAN ports...utter tosha quick back to the main menu and back into game sorts it out though

Which games (how many) have you got on XB1 that won't allow you to play offline when your home xbox is set to your gamertag.

kingtreelo

need to know which game as you wouldnt be able to use an Xbox One without … need to know which game as you wouldnt be able to use an Xbox One without being able to sign into LIVE(well, it will turn on and let you browse local stuff...most games are a no-no if your not connected)i find Fifa15 pretends that i am not online if i dont play game after game after game, if i have a slight break, it tries to give me garbage about my NAT and LAN ports...utter tosha quick back to the main menu and back into game sorts it out though

I dunno what games you are playing but you dont need to be connected to Xbox Live to play any games on the Xbox One (unless they are multiplayer only)

Comment

bumbaclart

OP Xbox Live is having issues, this might be the … OP Xbox Live is having issues, this might be the issue?http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

stuarthanley

Have you re-downloaded your gamer profile yet as an old gamer profile(from much older dashboard) on new system update kicks you off Xbox live frequently as well as other issues. You may also need to clears system cache from the storage menu.

Also enable DHCP and UPNP in router and clear any portforwarding you have setup in modem/router and clear any IP you have entered in the DMZ

This could just be the rubbish router you have (as supplied), if you have multiple devices connected and using different services (different ports) then your NAT table might be limited to a certain and this might explain random drops.

TLDR: You might have to get a better router

If you have broadband try changing your micro filter might be faulty
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fitbit HR28
      2. What engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel …56
      3. Quality "Pro" Android Apps - List your Favourites and Share with the Commun…23
      4. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…46

See more discussions