Xbox Live Problem....can you help? x

13 replies
Found 23rd Feb 2009
Ok, bear with me........

Both my sons have an xbox in their rooms with a live account each. Both xboxes have a wireless adapter and the router/modem is downstairs.
Son #1 cannot log into his live account when son #2 is on his.
If son #1 logs in first, as soon as #2 logs in #1 gets booted out! Its driving us mad as we are paying for 2 Live accounts and they cant play at the same time on Live!
are we doing something wrong?

13 Comments

sounds like your router and not a LIVE issue.

make sure both are getting a different IP when turned on

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;4466099

sounds like your router and not a LIVE issue. make sure both are getting … sounds like your router and not a LIVE issue. make sure both are getting a different IP when turned on

how do we get a different IP?

Some/most routers cant do two xbox's on live at the same time.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4466123

they have previously been able to play online at the sametime before......this has started happening about a week ago

i would do ethernet on the one ...... keep wireless on the other ....... when our router had me and my dad using wireless it was so slow ..... now he is using ethernet its quick as anything

either get a 20 metre ish cable (like i did) or get home plugs

deathtrap3000;4466123

Really? I never knew that, a router isnt doing it's job then if that is the case...

You will need to log into the router diagnostic page, usually by typing in:

into your explorer bar on internet explorer should bring it up, but it is different for different people, username and passwords are usually on a sticker on the router itself

bitseylango;4466161

they have previously been able to play online at the sametime … they have previously been able to play online at the sametime before......this has started happening about a week ago

reboot the router ...... make sure nothing is on (wireless etc)

then try it again

Original Poster

faevilangel;4466163

i would do ethernet on the one ...... keep wireless on the other ....... … i would do ethernet on the one ...... keep wireless on the other ....... when our router had me and my dad using wireless it was so slow ..... now he is using ethernet its quick as anythingeither get a 20 metre ish cable (like i did) or get home plugs

god i feel so thick.........what are home plugs? ethernet really isnt an option

bitseylango;4466209

god i feel so thick.........what are home plugs? ethernet really isnt … god i feel so thick.........what are home plugs? ethernet really isnt an option

hotukdeals.com/ite…=14

Original Poster

faevilangel;4466265

http://hotukdeals.com/item/345315/xbox-live/showpost.php?p=4466249&postcount=14

thanks sweet .......just read that thread:thumbsup:

do these definately work? Definately interested if they do!

bitseylango;4466320

thanks sweet .......just read that thread:thumbsup:do these definately … thanks sweet .......just read that thread:thumbsup:do these definately work? Definately interested if they do!

never used them myself (even though we got a pair round here somewhere :lol:)

people swear by them ...... lot quicker than wireless speeds (runs at ethernet speeds (100mbps) without the hassle of wires

you can get many different speeds and im sure i have seen some selling for less than £35 but no idea where :thinking:

Original Poster

faevilangel;4466408

never used them myself (even though we got a pair round here somewhere … never used them myself (even though we got a pair round here somewhere :lol:)people swear by them ...... lot quicker than wireless speeds (runs at ethernet speeds (100mbps) without the hassle of wiresyou can get many different speeds and im sure i have seen some selling for less than £35 but no idea where :thinking:

thanks so much for your help xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mwah xxxxxxx

gonna try all the other suggestions and if all else fails the home pugs look like a winner xx

We had exact same problem. Use the wall plugs and they did the trick. Would definately recommend!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244922
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming1321

See more discussions