Xbox live problems can anyone help

ok so hubby has had live for ages and was able to use it fine until the new dashboard was downloaded, now he cannot talk to certain friends and can only play certain games online.

anyone have any idea what he can do to rectify it

thanks

15 Comments

Do a network test and see if his NAT is open

if its not goto your router and enable UPNP

Original Poster

all that is fine, i forgot to mention the wii and the ps3 can play online without problems

Try clearing the cache, also try restarting the router

Original Poster

not sure how to clear the cache ??

router has been reset a number of times but doesnt make a difference

this is for the old style dashboard, but i belive it can still be done with the nxe update.

* Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
* Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
* Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

Original Poster

thanks, i have done that and will get him to try and connect tomorrow as none of his mates are online to try at moment

patchy987;3920274

thanks, i have done that and will get him to try and connect tomorrow as … thanks, i have done that and will get him to try and connect tomorrow as none of his mates are online to try at moment

Cool, if this fails, manualy assign the xbox an ip address, and make sure its out of the NAT on th router. IF this also fails id surgest giving MS a call to see if they can trouble shoot the problem

Just a quick one, is his date of birth set ok on his msn linked account, if it set under 16 it blocks you from using voice, you can only listen :thumbsup:

esq3585;3920365

Just a quick one, is his date of birth set ok on his msn linked account, … Just a quick one, is his date of birth set ok on his msn linked account, if it set under 16 it blocks you from using voice, you can only listen :thumbsup:

Married at 16? :?

I have had no end of probs with the new dashboard! Games keep freezing as well.

Tanchi;3920650

Married at 16? :?

Legally you can be married at 16 :thumbsup:
Was saying just in case he had mistyped his dob in msn lol :thumbsup:

amcol;3920708

I have had no end of probs with the new dashboard! Games keep freezing as … I have had no end of probs with the new dashboard! Games keep freezing as well.

Your Box is on its way out

I had the exact same problem with mine in early december after the Nxe update went online at live with serial no and they send you an email with address label to ship it off then you get an email saying its left the repair station (New Motherboard) in my case

Not to worry if its still in the 3 year warranty period it only takes a week to send it of to Frankfurt Xbox repair center and receive it back

P.S. if you decide on this route strip the xbox of everything MMu, Hard drive etc and just send the box

Regards

Original Poster

its all sorted now, thanks all. had to do the reset and sorted some of the problems and then updated his dob and now its all sorted.

thanks

Aardie;3921870

Your Box is on its way out I had the exact same problem with mine in … Your Box is on its way out I had the exact same problem with mine in early december after the Nxe update went online at live with serial no and they send you an email with address label to ship it off then you get an email saying its left the repair station (New Motherboard) in my case Not to worry if its still in the 3 year warranty period it only takes a week to send it of to Frankfurt Xbox repair center and receive it backP.S. if you decide on this route strip the xbox of everything MMu, Hard drive etc and just send the boxRegards

1 YR WARRANTY Only 3YR with 3 RED RINGS
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1016
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764037
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 547

See more discussions