Groups

xbox live question.

Hi, can anyone clarify:
    If I buy a 360 arcade this weekend, I need to get a live silver subscription and buy live points to download Rez HD, is that right? Obv ive got an internet connection and wired/wireless sky router, but is this all I need then? The download clocks at 119MB so would fit on the 256MB memory card, right?
    360 arcade- £139 on a thread here
    2100 points and 12mth silver sub- £50 ish on amazon
    any pointers for cheaper ways on the sub and points package? I only want to download Rez HD and won't be using live again I reckon. I'm happy to pay £200 for Rez HD- looks awesome!

11 Comments

do you mean a gold sub? as silver is free?

Original Poster

ah, not sure- thats one of the things I cant seem to clarify- can I download it on a silver free one then>
    sorry, i'm a PS3 user y'see

silver accounts are free besides you get 1 months free gold anyway so you dont have to buy any xbox live membership, i think you can download arcade live games from silver accounts but you will auto have a gold account for a month anyway when you create your gamertag

i find out for you because im currently on silver atm give me a sec to turn on my console

Original Poster

ah, nice one, that's brought the price down to £160ish then
    so can I download to the memory card or do I need a HD?

(cheers ttsese)

i think you can download it onto the 512 memory card because you can store gamer profiles on it and and extra maps and what not because it acts as a harddrive, to your question about the silver account yeah you can download RezHD from a silver account cost 800 microsoft points

Original Poster

cheers bud, repped you :thumbsup:

might go for the one with the HD just to make sure, can always put some mp3s on it and use the visualizer to get the most out of it I guess. At under £200 these are bargains.

thanks for the rep, i think you can only rip audio cds onto the 360 if you want to put mp3 on it you would have to encode them into a normal audio cd then place that into the 360 to be ripped onto your 360

Original Poster

ah like the original xbox then- nice, that's fairly easy

If your new to a 360, then Id definately recommend avoiding the arcade console and buying the premium instead as you wont regret spending the extra £40? and getting the hard drive and the hd cables. Otherwise if you intend on downloading more than one game, then you will need the extra space.

ttsese;1710596

thanks for the rep, i think you can only rip audio cds onto the 360 if … thanks for the rep, i think you can only rip audio cds onto the 360 if you want to put mp3 on it you would have to encode them into a normal audio cd then place that into the 360 to be ripped onto your 360

Hiya mate. With regards to MP3, I;ve tried popping them onto a USB flash drive and listening through there. Works with Avi's too.

Bonus.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions