Groups

Xbox Live Question, Help Please!

OK, Here's how it goes...

I was in asda last week, and saw an original xbox game for £20. It came with a years xbox live subscription. Here's the questions:

1) Is this xbox live GOLD?

2) And the dates on the live sticker were dated June 2004 - June 2005. Will the code still be valid now, as i would like to buy it if it does!

cheers :thumbsup:

6 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone?

Original Xbox codes do work as gold membership so if it says 12 month subscription on the front (and not something like Xbox live enabled) then it may work. I say may because I am a bit confused by the dates as I haven't seen that before. I've seen games which come with a free trial which are dated but this was a trial rather than a subscription. Do you get a headset with it? was it a live starter kit?

It may be useful if you could say what the game was or look on the HMV website and see if the package is listed on there (or ebay, amazon etc) This may give further detail about the "package"

I managed to get Forza motorsport with this in toysrus for £19.99
    I can confirm that I got the full 1 years membership on my xbox 360 with it.

emasu

OK, Here's how it goes...I was in asda last week, and saw an original … OK, Here's how it goes...I was in asda last week, and saw an original xbox game for £20. It came with a years xbox live subscription. Here's the questions:1) Is this xbox live GOLD?2) And the dates on the live sticker were dated June 2004 - June 2005. Will the code still be valid now, as i would like to buy it if it does!cheers :thumbsup:

Easiest way to tell is to take to customer services and ask them to open box to check that there is an a5 sized card in (half a4 size!). this card should have a silver panel that you scratch revealing the all important code. The codes do not expire until used. the card will also confirm that it is a 12 month subscription or otherwise. xbox live is the same now as xbox 360 live.
    I bought two of these - used one and saving the other till membership next expires:-D

pluves1

I bought two of these - used one and saving the other till membership … I bought two of these - used one and saving the other till membership next expires:-D

You don't have to wait till your membership expires - just add the other code now and it will extend your membership for another year. My 2 starter kits worked so I now have membership till Nov 08.....

gari189

You don't have to wait till your membership expires - just add the other … You don't have to wait till your membership expires - just add the other code now and it will extend your membership for another year. My 2 starter kits worked so I now have membership till Nov 08.....

Yeah realised that but thanks for confirming

Just not sure will still have xbox 360 in a year if PS3 is up to scratch:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT deal34
      2. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?11
      3. Gaming Monitor11
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1014

See more discussions