Found 12th Dec 2007
i iv just got an xbox 360 and want it on live but cant afford a wireless thingy, can i connect the 360 to my laptop thn share the internt thru tht? if so how? 1 thing i my laptop hasnt got a ethernet port hich may be a pain.
thanks

15 Comments

router :thumbsup:

Its not possible if your laptop doesn't have an ethernet port. I'm guessing it has wireless as how else could it connect to the net, so why doesn't it have an ethernet port, is it broken?

If it did have it, its just a case of connecting the xbox to your laptop's ethernet port then going to the properties of your wireless connection > advanced > tick the box that says "allow other users to connect through this network"

Connecting it with a network cable to your wireless router would be best otherwise you have to have your laptop on as well.

Have a look at my post here on what you can do as it sounds like you have the same set up as me:

]My Post on XBOX 360 Extra Functions

Original Poster

biff

Its not possible if your laptop doesn't have an ethernet port. I'm … Its not possible if your laptop doesn't have an ethernet port. I'm guessing it has wireless as how else could it connect to the net, so why doesn't it have an ethernet port, is it broken?If it did have it, its just a case of connecting the xbox to your laptop's ethernet port then going to the properties of your wireless connection > advanced > tick the box that says "allow other users to connect through this network"

ye it is wireless but i cant seem to see an ethernet port just a dial up one. is there not a adapter or something i can use??? or am i just beein stupid

Eek you can't play on xbox live with just dial up...

Original Poster

and i casnt connect it to the wireless router as its all the way downstairs lol

Original Poster

no i no i cant but im not im using wireless internet. ut iwas just sayin i canonly see a dial up slot

bellj02

no i no i cant but im not im using wireless internet. ut iwas just sayin … no i no i cant but im not im using wireless internet. ut iwas just sayin i canonly see a dial up slot

Ooooh right.. sorry

Original Poster

thts ok lol im not very gd at explaining

sadiebabes

Eek you can't play on xbox live with just dial up...

The speed would just be soooooo fantastic ;-)

daniel_r

The speed would just be soooooo fantastic ;-)

Lagtastic :lol:

bellj02

thts ok lol im not very gd at explaining

It was me honey I misread it xx

Original Poster

lol okidoke, i pobably cud of explained beter tho lol. i just want to get onto live!!!!

Original Poster

oh yer and hu eva helped me out on sending my xbxo back to microsoft.... thank you very much it worked!!!!

It's unusual for laptops not to have ethernet ports as they've been standard for a while but it's not impossible - you can add one via usb or pcmcia to give your PC the capability to connect your Xbox to live via the laptop's wireless card.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration55
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247566
    3. The Brexit Good News Thread78
    4. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't411

See more discussions