Groups

Xbox live update beta?

So has anyone been accepted to participate in this?

I have been and the changes are aright but its knackered my gamer score

I had 17,655 which is what it shows on the new achievement progress screen yet on my gamer tag score and score on the top corner it says 17,595?

How odd! any ideas?

27 Comments

Banned

lol....:lol: :lol:

you came on here and posted to say you've lost 60 gamer points? seriously is this a joke?

Original Poster

no i was just wondering if anyone else was having any problems with the new update.

I don't really care much for the achievements points to be totally fair, was mealy wondering if anyone else had problems!

If your not going to put anything helpful then just don't bother posting

Banned

lastlaststar;5887243

no i was just wondering if anyone else was having any problems with the … no i was just wondering if anyone else was having any problems with the new update. I don't really care much for the achievements points to be totally fair, was mealy wondering if anyone else had problems!If your not going to put anything helpful then just don't bother posting

its beta for a reason, if you've been accepted you should report the problem to Microsoft that's what's in the agreement of taking up a beta :roll:

what are the changes?

pics plz

Smeagol pics plz

Babbabooey;5887331

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6Ca2MdFMU

a 35 minute video, all i wanted was a pic :lol:

Banned

Smeagol a 35 minute video, all i wanted was a pic :lol:

Smeagol a 35 minute video, all i wanted was a pic :lol:

lumoruk;5887388

I fell asleep, his accent was annoying sounded like he was dribbling all … I fell asleep, his accent was annoying sounded like he was dribbling all the way through it"er wow I can pay money for more **** that doesn't even exist"

:-D:-D

No thanks

dontasciime;5887471

No thanks

It's not optional. Come 11 August then you will have no choice but to install the update if you want to use Live.

Babbabooey;5887496

It's not optional. Come 11 August then you will have no choice but to … It's not optional. Come 11 August then you will have no choice but to install the update if you want to use Live.

Yeah I know, but still no thanks :lol

I'm just downloading it now :thumbsup:

Can u get it now or did u have to register previously to get it?

It's released in less than two weeks anyway, so by the time you register and (possibly) get accepted it will probably already be out!

Babbabooey;5888833

It's released in less than two weeks anyway, so by the time you register … It's released in less than two weeks anyway, so by the time you register and (possibly) get accepted it will probably already be out!

yeah true :thumbsup:, I registered on monday and got it the day after. However I used a link on xbox-scene.com

Edit: All links seem to go to major nelson now :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info guys :thumbsup:

Microsoft

DisclaimerWARNING: Do NOT remove your hard drive and place it on another … DisclaimerWARNING: Do NOT remove your hard drive and place it on another console!This will cause non registered consoles to be unable to connect to Xbox LIVE until we release the update!

I put my Hard drive in to my GF's console :thumbsup: and the system updated, I was a bit :? concerned that I had, killed her live for 2 weeks, so I removed my HDD and put hers in, again the system did the update and now she has the preview also.

She never applied for the preview.

Fwibbs, what's the list of changes dude?

Suppose it will mean iX 1.7 is needed too lol

I've got this preview.. best change for me is things on the marketplace are showing up within about 2 seconds. It was taking about 45 seconds for me to get the link to buy things before :roll:

Can't believe the prices of the clothing and stuff though - won't be buying any of that!

Yes, the speed of marketplace is almost as good as the US one now. Best thing by far.

anyone got a list of whats actually different? and when is this released to everyone?

Nightmare;5905080

anyone got a list of whats actually different? and when is this released … anyone got a list of whats actually different? and when is this released to everyone?

not a lot

available to everyone on August 11th, 2009.

Nightmare;5905080

anyone got a list of whats actually different? and when is this released … anyone got a list of whats actually different? and when is this released to everyone?

The video clip link pretty much shows everything... some things I can remember off the top of my head are:

~ Avatar store - buy clothes, and accessories for your avatars.
    ~ Avatar Awards - receive rewards for your avatars from certain games.
    ~ Auto reconnect from Parties.
    ~ Ability to rate games from 1 - 5 and see average ratings on the Marketplace before you purchase a game
    ~ Extra bit on your achievements section which shows the total achievements from all your games, and which games you have got all the achievements in.
    ~ Faster Marketplace
    ~ An icon to show how long you've been a member of Gold for (and references to receiving other things in recognition of this?)

Can't remember the other stuff.....

hodsey77;5905481

The video clip link pretty much shows everything... some things I can … The video clip link pretty much shows everything... some things I can remember off the top of my head are:~ Avatar store - buy clothes, and accessories for your avatars.~ Avatar Awards - receive rewards for your avatars from certain games.~ Auto reconnect from Parties.~ Ability to rate games from 1 - 5 and see average ratings on the Marketplace before you purchase a game~ Extra bit on your achievements section which shows the total achievements from all your games, and which games you have got all the achievements in.~ Faster Marketplace~ An icon to show how long you've been a member of Gold for (and references to receiving other things in recognition of this?)Can't remember the other stuff.....

can't wait :lol: (not serious)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions