Xbox memberships - confused!

Posted 19th Mar
Just picked up an Xbox One S and thought the daughter and I could play together on it - but totally confused by the different terms (game pass, game pass ultimate, Xbox live gold....); and then I see people talking about swapping one membership for another. Had a look on the net and I’m still none the wiser!

Not really interested in playing against other people, just playing some old 360 games I have and occasionally downloading some for us to play together. Would game pass be best for our needs?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Yes, Xbox live is for online multiplayer and game pass is a library of games that you can play
Arto19/03/2020 19:21

Yes, Xbox live is for online multiplayer and game pass is a library of …Yes, Xbox live is for online multiplayer and game pass is a library of games that you can play

Thanks Arto
Gold gets you online play and 4 "free" games a month, Game Pass is a subscription service with a library of games to play.

Game Pass Ultimate is a combination of the two services.

If you aren't after anything in particular, Game Pass should definitely keep you occupied.

Maybe you are aware but not all 360 games are backwards compatible, just in case you can't figure out why the Xbox isn't recognising some discs you are trying.
juicedtothegills20/03/2020 02:34

Gold gets you online play and 4 "free" games a month, Game Pass is a …Gold gets you online play and 4 "free" games a month, Game Pass is a subscription service with a library of games to play.Game Pass Ultimate is a combination of the two services.If you aren't after anything in particular, Game Pass should definitely keep you occupied. Maybe you are aware but not all 360 games are backwards compatible, just in case you can't figure out why the Xbox isn't recognising some discs you are trying.

Thanks Juiced - I’m going to connect it up today and give what I’ve got a try. Sadly most aren’t suitable for a 9yo
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants