Xbox Microsoft Points

Posted 16th Feb
Hi, hoping someone can help. We've been having a clear out at home and I came across two old boxes, still sealed Microsoft Points (4200). I know this got converted a few years ago to currency but does anyone on here know if I can still somehow redeem them/change to currency? We would prefer to buy Xbox live subscription with them if possible. Thanks in advance.

P.S I called Xbox customer service but they were no help, just said you can try redeeming on redeem.micrososft.com but weren't sure if it would work.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Xbox seem to have already answered this ‘Try redeeming them at redeem.microsoft.com’
JoeyJoJoJunior16/02/2020 16:18

Xbox seem to have already answered this ‘Try redeeming them at r …Xbox seem to have already answered this ‘Try redeeming them at redeem.microsoft.com’

And like I said he weren't sure, he said give it a try here. I am asking if someone helpful may actually have a more definitive answer. Thanks anyway.
How much more definitive than trying it there can you get. They’ll either redeem or be expired. It would have also taken you less time to try than reply to this message.
JoeyJoJoJunior16/02/2020 16:20

How much more definitive than trying it there can you get. They’ll either r …How much more definitive than trying it there can you get. They’ll either redeem or be expired. It would have also taken you less time to try than reply to this message.

Thanks for your unhelpful comments, I will pass without trying to explain further.
Good luck with that
Update, so I tried what MS suggested and it didn't work. Got the error 'Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page.'
Google & Reddit to the rescue
Unless you still have a 360 in the house, you appear to be stuffed. Bear in mind, that article is about 18 months old, so might be even that route has gone.
Ar460rn16/02/2020 16:44

Google & Reddit to the rescueUnless you still have a 360 in the house, you …Google & Reddit to the rescueUnless you still have a 360 in the house, you appear to be stuffed. Bear in mind, that article is about 18 months old, so might be even that route has gone.

Thanks, may have to see if I can find a friend with a 360.
Open them up and there will be an expiry date in the back of the card
Arto17/02/2020 08:44

Open them up and there will be an expiry date in the back of the card

I did open, there is no expiry date on this card. I called MS again and this time got someone more helpful, they opened a case took some details of the points package and will be calling me back today.
You can only redeem them if you have a XBOX 360 console if not try to see if you can get one from a friend or something.
They are good to at least 2025 so.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants