Groups

Xbox migration kit advice needed.

Hi all

I have found the form here
    xbox.com/NR/…pdf

where you can get a free migration kit to transfer your hard drive to the elite hard drive but does anyone know of any other way of doing this to save waiting?

Cheers

18 Comments

you can use the memory units, if you only want to move over profiles and game saves - if you want to move demos + downloads, then you'll need the kit - It's a right pain - mine took ages to arrive!
    You could always try your local freecycle - see if someone has one that they will no longer need!

Original Poster

you can use the memory units, if you only want to move over profiles and … you can use the memory units, if you only want to move over profiles and game saves

thats all i want how do i do it?
    I have seen where you can move your profile just just want the game history moved too

go to the system blade: memory: hard drive: games
    Select the games that you want to migrate (ant downloaded arcade games will be here too) and choose move. stick them on your memory unit. switch off 360, swap hard drives and do the same but in reverse.

keep doing it until you've moved everything over!

Original Poster

thanks by memory units do you mean the little memory cards you get with the arcade?
    i have only got the 20g hd

Yeh, he means the memory cards. You will have to go out and buy one if you wanted to do it that way.

Original Poster

cool thanks to you both for help rep added.
    if there is anyone out there that has a memory card they want to lend me that would be great! lol
    i would post back asap have positive feedback over 99% on ebay of 1300 and happy to send deposit via paypal and when you recieve it back you can refund me minus the postage costs

i'd have a go on freecycle to see if you can get a full migration kit off of someone - whereabouts in the country are you?

Original Poster

I have put a wanted up on feecycle i am in northampton. We have sold the other xbox and it was going tomorrow

well, if you don't manage to do the full transfer before it has to leave, make sure you completely wipe it / re-format the drive to ensure there's no trace of your details left. The migration kit (if you can get one in time) does this anyway, but not if you were to do it manually!

dmissy - did you sort it?

Original Poster

someone off freecycle lent us one.
    thought i had posted to let you know :oops:
    Cheers for all your help :thumbsup:

no probs - glad you got it sorted out!

Did the transfer take ages? - mine took about an hour and a half!

Original Poster

couldn't tell you i handed my hubby the kit and went to bed lol

Haha!

Original Poster

Anyone know why us 3 have received a private message from someone about where to trade games?
    not even slightly related to this thread!

dmissy13;1789878

Anyone know why us 3 have received a private message from someone about … Anyone know why us 3 have received a private message from someone about where to trade games?not even slightly related to this thread!

got the same on another fs post of mine from vinylkiller

Original Poster

Thats the one tad strange!

v. odd!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions