Xbox Modding with the new ban?

1 reply
Found 19th May 2007
Right im wondering if i mod my 360 with the firmware, and dont go online then it wont be banned from online, then when i wanna go online one day? could i re do the frimware to the original or will ms still no once it was modded?

just wondering really? or is there a mod chip with a switch so you only play originals online? anyone no anything great help thanks

2 Comments

Bit of a unknown really - none really knows how they are detecting modded consoles. Could be that the console itself "knows" and tells the MS Live server on connection, in which case you'd still be screwed. I would recommend leaving it alone for the while until more info comes out.

MoneySavingG

Bit of a unknown really - none really knows how they are detecting modded … Bit of a unknown really - none really knows how they are detecting modded consoles. Could be that the console itself "knows" and tells the MS Live server on connection, in which case you'd still be screwed. I would recommend leaving it alone for the while until more info comes out.

Its prob due to the recent dashboard update, its probably checking the software and hardware fingerprints to see if they match theirs, if they don't then its a ban.

THe ban is only for xbox live at the minute.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318
    2. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…45
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…22
    4. Leicester sack their manager!1120

See more discussions