Xbox One 1TB Game Trade In Offer - £100 for Xbox 360?

Found 10th Jun 2015
Not posting in Deals just yet, more for information as i can not find much detail about it at the moment.

Microsoft announced yesterday that they will be releasing a 1Tb Xbox One console, alongside an upgraded controller, for £349.99. Game have announced that they have exclusivity of the new model until 20th June, but it is also reported that buyers can get £100 trade in for their old Xbox 360 consoles. I can not verify if this means "up to" or whether it is the flat rate for ANY 360, but potentially £100 for an old "fat" console would be tempting, considering CEX only give £30 for a fat HDMI console...

Anyone else know any more details?

Source: mcvuk.com/new…714

8 Comments

Sloth/Mod

game.co.uk/en/…eIn

It's on the GAME site

360 250GB/320GB/500GB, PS3 250GB/320GB/500GB + 5 Games (Console must be B grade or above plus no duplicate games)

Original Poster

Syzable

http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/trade-in/?merchname=TopNav-_-TradeIn-_-TradeInIt's on the GAME site360 250GB/320GB/500GB, PS3 250GB/320GB/500GB + 5 Games (Console must be B grade or above plus no duplicate games)

Could not find that for the life of me - thanks for the link

Although if I remember rightly, the old Xbox 360 consoles came with less than 120GB drives (I remember replacing a small drive with a specific drive used in the newly released Elites back in the day), and this offer starts from 320GB consoles, so I'm out.

Still, may be of use to someone. PS3 also included, which is a bonus

This post inspired me to buy an external hard drive

m.ad

Could not find that for the life of me - thanks for the link :)Although … Could not find that for the life of me - thanks for the link :)Although if I remember rightly, the old Xbox 360 consoles came with less than 120GB drives (I remember replacing a small drive with a specific drive used in the newly released Elites back in the day), and this offer starts from 320GB consoles, so I'm out.Still, may be of use to someone. PS3 also included, which is a bonus

For giggles I put my Arcade in that - its worth £10 trade in lol

Why is this in misc? regardless its a deal is it not?

Original Poster

haritori

Why is this in misc? regardless its a deal is it not?

Because I put it here. When I first saw the offer I thought it was too good to be true, so I did not want to post in Deals until I had a little more confirmation. As it was the deal was not as good as I first thought - you need an Xbox / PS3 console with over 320GB of drive space and 5 games. When I checked CEX on my PS3 500GB Slim, the give around £70. 5 old games, say £10. So overall, it would probably save about £20

May help someone. Can post as a deal if you like but I did not think is was worth it as much as I initially thought

m.ad

Because I put it here. When I first saw the offer I thought it was too … Because I put it here. When I first saw the offer I thought it was too good to be true, so I did not want to post in Deals until I had a little more confirmation. As it was the deal was not as good as I first thought - you need an Xbox / PS3 console with over 320GB of drive space and 5 games. When I checked CEX on my PS3 500GB Slim, the give around £70. 5 old games, say £10. So overall, it would probably save about £20May help someone. Can post as a deal if you like but I did not think is was worth it as much as I initially thought

No I was just confused as to the reasoning behind it being in misc.

Original Poster

haritori

No I was just confused as to the reasoning behind it being in misc.

Ah ok. To be honest, as I didn't think of it as a "deal", my next thought was Misc. In hindsight, perhaps this would be better off in "Ask", since it is, after all, a question
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants