Found 17th Oct 2016
Quick question I am after a upgrade hdd for my Xbox one my friend said best way to upgrade hdd is portable hdd via USB 3 is there a specific type or would any portable hdd do? As I am looking for a 4tb
Thank you

8 Comments

you can't internally upgrade an xbox one hard drive you can only use external hard drive.

for the fastest speeds look for SSD

As someone who buys pretty much every game that comes out I would think 4tb is overkill personally.....I suggest a 2tb USB 3 external hd

Original Poster

Thank you wasn't sure if you could upgrade by opening it up. He has tonz of games he said he wanted something to store all his games on as it takes a long time to install a game

I have this (3TB) for Xbox:
groupon.co.uk/dea…4tb

Used code FIRST to get 25% off (new account)

Generally any USB powered external HDD will work, probably one that doesn't need a external power adapter and quite small like the above (it's actually quite tiny!)
Edited by: "kiish" 17th Oct 2016

kiish

I have this (3TB) for … I have this (3TB) for Xbox:https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/seagate-maxtor-m3-portable-external-hard-drive-500gb-1tb-2tb-3tb-4tbUsed code FIRST to get 25% off (new account)Generally any USB powered external HDD will work, probably one that doesn't need a external power adapter and quite small like the above (it's actually quite tiny!)

I got this. I'd really recommend it. 2TB wasn't enough for me. I'd recommend a portable one as opposed to a desktop one due to the portable one being powered by the usb port.

defard

As someone who buys pretty much every game that comes out I would think … As someone who buys pretty much every game that comes out I would think 4tb is overkill personally.....I suggest a 2tb USB 3 external hd

You obviously don't have every game then.

I have over 300 and my 4tb drive is 90% full.

Bigger the better.

benjammin316

You obviously don't have every game then. I have over 300 and my 4tb … You obviously don't have every game then. I have over 300 and my 4tb drive is 90% full. Bigger the better.

lol I delete as I pass games on. I avoid 4tb drives as reliability is not as good but each to their own.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769227
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322819
    3. word association Game74244864
    4. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault1312

See more discussions