xbox one achievements not working or popping

14 replies
Found 17th Aug 2016
after numerous phone calls to Microsoft which has cost a fortune and no one has a clue what they are talking about they just seem to want to keep me on the line for as long as possible but still I have no answer.

3 weeks ago, my achievement and gamer score just completely stopped going up , no achievements pop on all games that are being played despite completing the required tasks.

if anyone has any idea if this can be solved or has any clue what is going on i would really appreciate the help . we have tried all the usual resets /long holds / reinstalling account etc...

thanks in advance.

14 Comments

Are they showing as 'done... Unlocking!' In achievements?

I'd just like to add to the chorus of complaints: Microsoft's customer service (in particular, the Xbox department) are the worst I've ever dealt with.

CoffinMatt

I'd just like to add to the chorus of complaints: Microsoft's customer … I'd just like to add to the chorus of complaints: Microsoft's customer service (in particular, the Xbox department) are the worst I've ever dealt with.

Actually, scratch that, a close second after 'Student Finance.'

I had same problem, tried about 5 different games. Started about 2 weeks ago, tried hard resets, uninstalling games and reinstalling. Nothing worked. Suddenly 2 days ago it started working again and still seems fine today.

Not offering any solution here but the Xbox Support twitter is free and you do get replies back that day. That being said when I contact them I feel as if they just don't quite comprehend what I'm going on about but it saves on the phone bill.

try Completely Switching Off your Console if It's on instant on mode, also try disconnecting from your wifi and reconnecting, worked for Me

Original Poster

LilHammerette

Not offering any solution here but the Xbox Support twitter is free and … Not offering any solution here but the Xbox Support twitter is free and you do get replies back that day. That being said when I contact them I feel as if they just don't quite comprehend what I'm going on about but it saves on the phone bill.

​unfortunately they are clueless. absolutely no idea , keep sending me to true achievements . com who can't help either .

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Are they showing as 'done... Unlocking!' In achievements?

​Nope, but have completed some of the tasks over and over in the hope they would pop and score would go up but it's not budging.

Original Poster

Rookiereece100

try Completely Switching Off your Console if It's on instant on mode, … try Completely Switching Off your Console if It's on instant on mode, also try disconnecting from your wifi and reconnecting, worked for Me

​we tried all that . tried everything . our last resort is ....just done a complete factory reset and will see what happens once I've reinstalled the fall out 4 DLC after work tonight . there isn't much we haven't tried . will be going out the window if that don't work

Original Poster

reddevil2015

I had same problem, tried about 5 different games. Started about 2 weeks … I had same problem, tried about 5 different games. Started about 2 weeks ago, tried hard resets, uninstalling games and reinstalling. Nothing worked. Suddenly 2 days ago it started working again and still seems fine today.

​done this. Also isn't working on all games we've tried . it's been 4 weeks now ....funnily enough, started after a conversation with xbox support as it was playing up saying "you do not own this game or content" but we did ... they took us through lots of hoops , eventually it started working next day but no achievements since.

Original Poster

appreciate all your replies . Thankyou . will see if factory reset works, finish work at 9 tonight so fingers crossed

nicwalsall

appreciate all your replies . Thankyou . will see if factory reset … appreciate all your replies . Thankyou . will see if factory reset works, finish work at 9 tonight so fingers crossed

​Good luck, I know how frustrating it is

This happenes to me a few years back as well on the 360. My year counter also did not tick over.

I did call xbox and was told to delete my account and redownload it and it fixed my gamerscore and counter Not sure if works like this on the one.

Original Poster

so so relieved the factory reset worked . the achievements didn't pop automatically but as soon as I completed the task the achievement popped for each.

Thankyou all again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions