Xbox one additional storage

8 replies
Found 25th Dec 2016
Quick question - do I need to buy a Xbox branded external harddrive or will any harddrive do??

8 Comments

Any but make sure it's USB 3.0

I use a seagate 5Tb, masses of storage and works great. Costs about £100 though.

Any should be fine.

Any

Any. Branded one is just a normal seagate with Xbox logo plus added cost of £10-20.

you could even use an old HDD you have laying around, add a cable from Ebay, for around a fiver I'm sure. Doesn't need to be external.

You may also need to check if the Xbox will power the HDD through the USB port, if so it would be the cheap option. if not you'll have to buy a case and power for it, which probably would mean you may as well just buy an external HD.

Any

tommy6000009

you could even use an old HDD you have laying around, add a cable from … you could even use an old HDD you have laying around, add a cable from Ebay, for around a fiver I'm sure. Doesn't need to be external. You may also need to check if the Xbox will power the HDD through the USB port, if so it would be the cheap option. if not you'll have to buy a case and power for it, which probably would mean you may as well just buy an external HD.

Yep, but do bear in mind that a slow connection will hinder load times - as mentioned above by AStonedRaichu, a USB 3.0 interface would be highly desirable here.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions