Expired

Xbox one and Virgin Superhub 2

Found 2nd Oct 2014
Been trying to port forward on the above router as NAT settings are strict! the router has two wireless connections 2G and 5G and when I try to do it the 5G connection disappears! Does anybody know why/ if this is normal? Or an alternative method for changing NAT from strict to open? Thanks!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskVirginXboxXbox One
16 Comments
enable dhcp in the router and upnp (save & apply) and use auto config on xbox one (use advanced settings to clear mac) and then test the connection [wired or wireless but choose 2.4Ghz]

Take your Xbox one out of instant on mode as well.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 2nd Oct 2014
Ring virgin and get then to set it up. They should help.

Enable open ports (portforward.com) and reserve dhcp ip for xbox.

Also quick tip for loading times and better connection. change the dns in advanced settings on xbox;
Primary - 8.8.8.8
Secondary - 8.8.4.4
dontasciime

enable dhcp in the router and upnp (save & apply) and use auto config on … enable dhcp in the router and upnp (save & apply) and use auto config on xbox one (use advanced settings to clear mac) and then test the connection [wired or wireless but choose 2.4Ghz] Take your Xbox one out of instant on mode as well.

How do I use auto config on xbox one and take it out of instant on mode?

Also still not explained why as soon as i change any settings on the hub the 5g connection goes away?

Luciegoose

How do I use auto config on xbox one and take it out of instant on … How do I use auto config on xbox one and take it out of instant on mode?Also still not explained why as soon as i change any settings on the hub the 5g connection goes away?

Networking xbox one

Power

& I'm sorry I'm not Virgin customer support.
Unless your xbox is like 2 feet away from your hub, never ever use 5G connection, 2.4G is far superiour, but wired beats both by miles anyway.
Luciegoose

How do I use auto config on xbox one and take it out of instant on … How do I use auto config on xbox one and take it out of instant on mode?Also still not explained why as soon as i change any settings on the hub the 5g connection goes away?

Maybe you have something on your network that dont support 5G
Doesn't work that way. If a device doesn't support 5GHz you can't connect to it.

I was connected with all my devices on the 5G network before and then I messed about with the router settings etc to make the xbox work and now it's nowhere to be seen. And resetting the router doesn't bring it back. I'll just have to ring Virgin see If they can help, Thanks for everyone's help

Daytrader

Maybe you have something on your network that dont support 5G

just bagged myself a superhub 2 for free and got a upgrade to 100meg for a extra £4 a month. so pay £12 in total for 100meg. chuffed with that deal, or have I been done over?
How you pay just £12 a month for 100 meg, i pay £26.50 just for 50 meg, usually its like £31.50 for 100 meg, surely they wont give you that for just £12
Edited by: "Daytrader" 3rd Oct 2014
EN1GMA

just bagged myself a superhub 2 for free and got a upgrade to 100meg for … just bagged myself a superhub 2 for free and got a upgrade to 100meg for a extra £4 a month. so pay £12 in total for 100meg. chuffed with that deal, or have I been done over?

Plus line rental im assuming
Hope its a superhub 2ac rather than old hub 2

I pay 18.50 for 50mb broadband only

Is that a 6 month discounted price too? Seems low for full term
mrwhitelabel

Plus line rental im assuming Hope its a superhub 2ac rather than old hub … Plus line rental im assuming Hope its a superhub 2ac rather than old hub 2 I pay 18.50 for 50mb broadband onlyIs that a 6 month discounted price too? Seems low for full term

how can you tell differnce between superhub 2 and superhub 2ac?

line rental paid upfront, and ive got a £10 a month discount which runs out jan 2016. its for the full term of 12/18 months is the broadband price. seemed low to me to thats why i jumped at the offer.
Edited by: "EN1GMA" 3rd Oct 2014
EN1GMA

how can you tell differnce between superhub 2 and superhub 2ac?line … how can you tell differnce between superhub 2 and superhub 2ac?line rental paid upfront, and ive got a £10 a month discount which runs out jan 2016. its for the full term of 12/18 months is the broadband price. seemed low to me to thats why i jumped at the offer.

when you log in it should like this if ac

http://s30.postimg.org/pl9o1leup/screen1.jpg
mrwhitelabel

when you log in it should like this if ac

Thnaks for the info mate. appreciated.
Hi

Having similar issues, we have 2 xbox ones, one hard wired with no issues the other wireless and getting nat type strict. Tried all sorts to get working, got the wireless one to go nat type open but still kicking off live. Reading around Virgin super hub 2 has issues, especially with COD and FIFA. Would hard wiring have any real effect?
^ make sure both xbox ones are using energy saver power mode.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants