xbox one backward compatability online?

Found 5th Nov 2015
Hi, I know microsoft are to anounce over 100 xbox 360 games on monday which can be used on the xbox one from november 12th with the backward compatible update. does anybody know if this may allow cross-gen online multiplayer?

im guessing it will be possible if playing the 360 version of gta v for example on both consoles but doubt it will if playing cross gen games?
Community Updates
AskXbox
23 Comments
Yep, cross gen multiplayer confirmed.
ChrisUK

Yep, cross gen multiplayer confirmed.

​cool
I hope GTA is on the list ...I had a feeling it wouldn't be as its still selling at a high price on both.
stefromuk

I hope GTA is on the list ...I had a feeling it wouldn't be as its still … I hope GTA is on the list ...I had a feeling it wouldn't be as its still selling at a high price on both.

​im hoping gtav is on but as they havent released the lowrider update for old gen i dont how they can
deleted854052
I didn't think cross gen multiplayer would be possible.

Some games will be cross platform across Xbox One and Windows 10, but I thought Xbox 360 games can only be played with other people playing the Xbox 360 version (whether on an actual Xbox 360 or the emulator on Xbox One).
Its not really cross gen since your still playing the same game just in an emulator.
Anyway of setting up a xbox 360 account online, i only have a xbox one account.
Just sign in with your Xbox one live account on your Xbox 360.
But i dont have a xbox 360
If you don't have one then you don't need one.
But i want one so i can play the 360 games that are on gold free each month.
You don't need to make one.
The games with gold can be bought without being on the 360 now from the website. They will show up on your xb1 when you can play them.
MarkBurs

I didn't think cross gen multiplayer would be possible.Some games will be … I didn't think cross gen multiplayer would be possible.Some games will be cross platform across Xbox One and Windows 10, but I thought Xbox 360 games can only be played with other people playing the Xbox 360 version (whether on an actual Xbox 360 or the emulator on Xbox One).

cross platform is possible world of tanks

and here
Edited by: "andybriggs03" 6th Nov 2015
http://media.gizmodo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Xbox-One_xboxdynasty_1446046523_1.jpg
deathtrap3000

You don't need to make one.The games with gold can be bought without … You don't need to make one.The games with gold can be bought without being on the 360 now from the website. They will show up on your xb1 when you can play them.

Well i just tried to get dirt 3 xbox 360 from website, and cant, only see my xbox one games, as i dont have a 360 account, i really think you must need a 360 account, cant see them letting you have all the 360 games for free.
Xbox gamertags are cross platform.
You use the same account for both consoles.
Yes but i have never had a 360 gamertag, so i dont see the dirt 3 in my download que on xbox one, even thou i chouse to download it from the store ?
Daytrader

Yes but i have never had a 360 gamertag, so i dont see the dirt 3 in my … Yes but i have never had a 360 gamertag, so i dont see the dirt 3 in my download que on xbox one, even thou i chouse to download it from the store ?

backwards compatibility isn't out yet so it won't be available to play on the one yet....
Yeh i know, but its not even in my download list, my friends have already downloaded it to there xbox ones.
Maybe they are on the preview program.
I am in preview program, even if i cant download it should be in my list ready for download.
Daytrader

Well i just tried to get dirt 3 xbox 360 from website, and cant, only see … Well i just tried to get dirt 3 xbox 360 from website, and cant, only see my xbox one games, as i dont have a 360 account, i really think you must need a 360 account, cant see them letting you have all the 360 games for free.

no, i just did it click on games with gold and scroll right down
Ah, ok i was able to purchase for free dirt 3 as it was in gold, and it said added to my library, then tried to get it again and it then said Already purchased, but i cant see it anywhere on my xbox one ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants