Xbox One backward compatibility with US Xbox 360 game on demand.

So I'm not sure if this is possible but I've noticed the tell tale Jurassic park game on offer in the US Xbox store as a game on demand. As Xbox one is region free do Xbox 360 games purchased from the store work on a UK Xbox one? Also how would I go about loading credit ($) onto a 360 account to use? Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance

12 Comments

Xbox 360 games aren't region free unfortunately .
Also Xbox credit doesn't work on 360 games.
Don't know why, seems stupid but there you go.
Edited by: "PDCottrell" 17th Jan

Original Poster

I thought this maybe the case but I was kinda hoping someone might have found a way around it.

PDCottrell

Xbox 360 games aren't region free unfortunately .Also Xbox credit doesn't … Xbox 360 games aren't region free unfortunately .Also Xbox credit doesn't work on 360 games.Don't know why, seems stupid but there you go.

When I put credit on my Xbox account its on Xbox one pc AND 360

monkey1999

When I put credit on my Xbox account its on Xbox one pc AND 360

​You can't use Xbox credit to buy 360 games on the Xbox marketplace or through the Xbox One.

I have tried myself, unsure about through an actual 360 as I don't own one.

It even says on the actual site that it's not possible.

PDCottrell

​You can't use Xbox credit to buy 360 games on the Xbox marketplace or t … ​You can't use Xbox credit to buy 360 games on the Xbox marketplace or through the Xbox One.I have tried myself, unsure about through an actual 360 as I don't own one.It even says on the actual site that it's not possible.

​you have to use a 360, worked for me.

PDCottrell

Xbox 360 games aren't region free unfortunately .Also Xbox credit doesn't … Xbox 360 games aren't region free unfortunately .Also Xbox credit doesn't work on 360 games.Don't know why, seems stupid but there you go.

​Not entirely true a few were region unlocked although none come to mind now was a while ago..

Original Poster

So what we think then is that without a US Xbox 360 I wouldnt be able to put $ on as a gift card and hence wouldn't be able to buy the game to see if it shows up on my Xbox one download list Anyone think of a possible workaround?

Well apparently I've just read that the backwards compatibility on Xbox One is in fact region free.
However as Jurassic Park was never released here so isn't on the store i would assume that if you did manage to buy it from the USA store you would then need to set the region on the actual Xbox to the USA to be able to download it.

Original Poster

Just need a way to buy and download it and I'll give it a go. Don't mind losing out on the $5 if it doesn't work. Just want to know lol.

Maverick77

Just need a way to buy and download it and I'll give it a go. Don't mind … Just need a way to buy and download it and I'll give it a go. Don't mind losing out on the $5 if it doesn't work. Just want to know lol.

​Same here, games are usually so much cheaper.

I would love to know myself as I've done it loads for Xbox One games but never 360.

Think it's stupid that credit doesn't work for 360 games even here (unless you have a 360)

Original Poster

To purchase US Xbox 360 games from the Microsoft store or an Xbox 360 it would appear that I have to migrate my account which I'm not overly keen on doing. However 360 games are available from the Xbox one store now I believe and the Xbox ones region is easily changed. Does anyone have any experience of purchasing a different regions 360 game through their Xbox one or is this a no go?

Original Poster

So I changed region on my Xbox one to USA but it appears that the Xbox one still connects to the Xbox 360 when you try to purchase the game and I was given the same "this deal is not available in your region" message. it would therefore appear that the only way to do it is to migrate my Xbox 360 account and login through a VPN.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just got Kodi now what?1125
    2. Which Smart Watch for Running?11
    3. Iptv33
    4. Boiler Question22

See more discussions