Xbox one backwards compatibility issue

Found 27th Jun 2015
So I just found out that xbox game preview users (which I am) is able to play some Xbox 360 titles today.

However, I have tried to install Kameo, one of the game supported does not work and gives me an error 0x8082000c. I have done some research and found it may be due to that PAL isn't supported and NTSC is.

Has any one else found this issue or got any info in why this is doing this?
Community Updates
15 Comments
Are you in the Xbox preview programme? That's your problem if you are not in it you can't play the Xbox 360 games. Plus only a handful of titles are available to play at the moment
not only do you need to be in the preview program, you need to download an update
Edited by: "kingtreelo" 27th Jun 2015
cameronswift

Are you in the Xbox preview programme? That's your problem if you are not … Are you in the Xbox preview programme? That's your problem if you are not in it you can't play the Xbox 360 games. Plus only a handful of titles are available to play at the moment

If you read the op, he says he is in the preview program
Alot of the pal games are not working because the devs have only added the ntsc disc code. The xbox one sees certain pal games as a not supported game and does not route you to the download server.
Only NTSC discs are currently supported. Expect PAL support to be present by the time that the update is on general release.
Original Poster
I am a Xbox game preview and got the latest update. Hope they sort this out soon
My pal mass effect works
some games are not supported, apparently a list is available of what is and isn't.
I popped in an old game earlier which said not supported and that I should view the list, had no time to check as had to leave for work.
Original Poster

Comment

Managers

some games are not supported, apparently a list is available of what is … some games are not supported, apparently a list is available of what is and isn't.I popped in an old game earlier which said not supported and that I should view the list, had no time to check as had to leave for work.

I have seen the list and that's why i chose kameo as this is one of games available.
PAL Mass Effect worked for me, but PAL Perfect Dark Zero didn't. Probably dodged a bullet to be honest. Oh well its still a beta.
stoney73

If you read the op, he says he is in the preview program

edited post, didn't have that in when i asked
cameronswift

edited post, didn't have that in when i asked

Ahh...
Original Poster
Update - I contacted xbox via Twitter and they told me only North America discs are supported for the time being and will support pal when it gets fully released
ShaneTFletcher

Update - I contacted xbox via Twitter and they told me only North America … Update - I contacted xbox via Twitter and they told me only North America discs are supported for the time being and will support pal when it gets fully released

That is not true, i have played mass effect and borderlands already
cameronswift

That is not true, i have played mass effect and borderlands already

Both of those games are region free, that might be why.

gaming.wikia.com/wik…mes
Edited by: "RossD89" 28th Jun 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions