Groups

Xbox One - buying from Colombia guide (works for all regions)

Xbox One guide to buying from Colombia

Putting this together as I'm getting a lot of messages about how to do it, so here it is....

3167 Comments

Original Poster

Back up again now with none of the links which are not allowed. I hope it continues to benefit the community

There are more than 1 ways to do this, but I'm posting here the way I do it, as I know it's a proven method:

You'll need a form of payment which allows international payments without being rejected. A fantastic one which is recommended by MSE (and now a few people on here - me included) is called Revolut.

It's all app based, but you can request a (free) card to use physically as well in shops/ATM's - although you can use your card online straight away.

As it's a top up card, there are no credit checks etc. Simply top up with a debit card or bank transfer & spend.

It has zero fee's for international payments & international ATM withdrawals (plus bank rates on the exchange rate). You can even convert cash to euro's/dollars when the rate is good, then convert back when it drops to get more cash than you originally had (changing currency is also fee free).

revolut.com (available on the Apple App Store & Google Play store).

Upon sign up, use code MSE for a free £5 (with an initial £10+ top up).

Note: When adding your card to a new region, Microsoft will place a pending charge on the card to verify it (normally around 39p. This is refunded after 10 days, but make sure you add enough to cover your purchase once this payment is taken.

You don't need to verify yourself unless you spend over £1000 (which at this rate, won't be long haha).

A good website to find out where the cheapest region to purchase from is digitalgamesprices.com/xbo…php or http://xbox-store-checker.com/en/home

For the benefit of this example, I'll be buying Star Wars Battlefront ultimate edition from Columbia (which is £44.70 in Columbia & £104.99 in the UK Store).

I'm buying this AFTER I've bought EA Access, as this gives you an additional 10% off the Star Wars game.

Note, EA Access is also cheaper on the foreign marketplace, it's currently around £13.56 on the Hungarian marketplace. This will also give you a 10 hour trial of the full game, a week before release (I.e now).

Right, navigate over to Xbox.com & find the game you want to purchase. It should give you this price in UK pounds as you're on the uk store.

In the bottom left hand corner of the screen, will be some text saying "United Kingdom" - this is a link, click it and it will take you to a list of other Xbox marketplaces.

You want to find the one saying Columbia, click this and it will switch stores and give you a price in Columbian Peso's (which will be $229900).

If you head over to XE.com, you can convert this to check the price.

OK, the fun part......

Click to purchase the game & it will take you to the payment screen. I just used google to convert the text to English, but if on chrome etc you can do this as a whole web page.

http://i63.tinypic.com/9itxu0.jpg

Enter your new Revolut card details, plus a Columbian address.

I used my normal address details, but changed the town to Bogota, postcode to 110111 & a random Columbian phone number.

Note, most people have to connect to a Columbian VPN at this stage before clicking the purchase button, it depends on your ISP (some have had success without it, but I would recommend this step was performed before purchasing).

I personally used one, connected using the VPN Unlimited app to Los Santos, Panama (free trial available, but any VPN should work, as long as it can access the region you are buying from). There is another called VyprVPN (free 500mb per month) which people have also had success with, I would recommend trying this as well as it appears to cover most MS regions.

Note: A few people are falling foul at this step. You MUST set the VPN server you connect to, to the region you are buying from (so if buying from Russian store, set the VPN to Russia, if buying from the Indian MS store, set the VPN server to India etc).

Your game should then be purchased (at this point you can click the Columbia link in the bottom left corner of the screen & change back to the UK store if you wish).

Your game will appear in your download queue (or pending downloads) on your Xbox One.

You can use this method to purchase any game from most regions, wherever is cheaper. It's NOT against the MS terms & conditions (as you are purchasing it, albeit at a greatly reduced price), plus all digital content is region free.

Now if you combine this with game sharing with a close friend, it will work out half price again. That guide can be found here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/xbox-one-game-sharing-guide-2326680

Enjoy guys, fire any questions below.

Edited by: "ChrisUK" 12th Feb 2016

thanks, guide is really useful, will be looking into other regions more now.

Welcome back!

Banned

Good to see you back mate

Original Poster

eternaldragonuk

thanks, guide is really useful, will be looking into other regions more … thanks, guide is really useful, will be looking into other regions more now.

Yes, this is based on Colombia, but can be used for any region.

But of faffing to get setup up front, but you only need to do once (for each region), then it's a 1 click purchase going forward.

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Welcome back!

Lyrrad

Good to see you back mate

Thanks guys, I did see the comments yesterday, glad to know I was missed

ChrisUK

You can use this method to purchase any game from most regions, wherever … You can use this method to purchase any game from most regions, wherever is cheaper. It's NOT against the MS terms & conditions (as you are purchasing it, albeit at a greatly reduced price), plus all digital content is region free.

Source? Microsoft have a track record of taking a hard stance on this sort of thing. Admittedly their attitude seems to have become a little less anti-consumer since Ballmer was ousted.

Welcome back, mate. I did try and get the original thread reinstated but with the referrals removed; it's good to see it back though.

Original Poster

Rubisco

Source? Microsoft have a track record of taking a hard stance on this … Source? Microsoft have a track record of taking a hard stance on this sort of thing. Admittedly their attitude seems to have become a little less anti-consumer since Ballmer was ousted.

The only way you'll get banned for this is if you switch regions to download a free game that's not meant for your region (I.e games for gold in the US for example).

There was a thread a while back (I'll try to find it), with screenshots posted with conversations with MS to confirm this was legit & NOT against T&C's - this was all verified.

I've personally been doing this for years & I know a few did it for the 360 as well.

Original Poster

Winspiration

Welcome back, mate. I did try and get the original thread reinstated but … Welcome back, mate. I did try and get the original thread reinstated but with the referrals removed; it's good to see it back though.

Thanks mate, thankfully I had most of it saved in my notes bar the updates (which I've manually added).

I've had a few things hang when posting, so took a copy to be on the safe side lol.

Thank you.

Welcome back Chris and thanks again for this guide. I have bought from foreign stores before but always used xbox credit. The Revolut card makes it so much easier.

Original Poster

redcantona

Welcome back Chris and thanks again for this guide. I have bought from … Welcome back Chris and thanks again for this guide. I have bought from foreign stores before but always used xbox credit. The Revolut card makes it so much easier.

I used to buy from them all, but as MS have gotten wise & blocked all the regions via my normal debit card, it was only left with Hungary.

This has opened the market back up again, I mean £105 for a game & season pass is just blind robbery.

Original Poster

Thanks for the support chaps & the thank you's !

Original Poster

Is it worth posting a thread about Game Sharing, or does everyone know how to do that ?

ChrisUK

Is it worth posting a thread about Game Sharing, or does everyone know … Is it worth posting a thread about Game Sharing, or does everyone know how to do that ?

My lads will both have xbox ones come xmas. Can they both play & share the same "digital" game mate? & does it matter which xbox account it's been downloaded on. Thanks.

Original Poster

OldEnglish

My lads will both have xbox ones come xmas. Can they both play & share … My lads will both have xbox ones come xmas. Can they both play & share the same "digital" game mate? & does it matter which xbox account it's been downloaded on. Thanks.

Haha, looks like it would be worth posting up then

I'll put together shortly & post up mate.

To answer your question, yes, only 1 game needs to be purchased & you can use on both consoles (even at the same time, against each other etc, both using their own gamer tags).

ChrisUK

Haha, looks like it would be worth posting up then ;)I'll put together … Haha, looks like it would be worth posting up then ;)I'll put together shortly & post up mate.To answer your question, yes, only 1 game needs to be purchased & you can use on both consoles (even at the same time, against each other etc, both using their own gamer tags).

Thank you Chris. Would appreciate it.:)

Welcome back ChrisUK

Game Sharing is a wonderful thing on the Xbox One. Means we both get the game for c£18 and it's a nice digital collection as opposed to a pile of games building up. Don't even need to get of my seat to change the game ;-)

Anybody know how much the fallout season pass is from buying abroad digitally?

Original Poster

PAUL7331

Anybody know how much the fallout season pass is from buying abroad … Anybody know how much the fallout season pass is from buying abroad digitally?

I don't know of a comparison site which lists the season passes, just the actual games.

I did have a quick look though on some of the more well known places & they are as follows:

UK: £24.99
    Colombia: £22.05
    Hong Kong: £20.13
    Canada: £19.67
    Hungary: £20.30

Alternatively, if you have the disk version, you can flog that for around £35-40, then buy the Deluxe digital version from South Africa for £55.40.

Original Poster

Here you go chaps - game sharing guide now added:

hotukdeals.com/mis…680

Original Poster

Moved guide to post #1 for clickable links

Wondering what had happened to the previous thread lol

Original Poster

This is weird, the DL44 (which I've used earlier this week), has re-locked itself ??

Original Poster

It's OK, re-installed the season pass & ended the app. All good upon re-start.

Anyone checking out Black Friday deals?

$95.340,00 = £20? for GTA V

Original Poster

jaybizzle

Anyone checking out Black Friday deals?$95.340,00 = £20? for GTA V

Which store is that, bargain !

ChrisUK

Which store is that, bargain !

Columbia. I think India has it for around the same.

Tried purchasing GTAV from Colombia using the Revolut online card transaction was not successful "Usa una forma de pago distinta Tu compra no puede ser completada con esta forma de pago. Intenta con una forma de pago nueva o distinta. / Use a different form of payment Your purchase can not be completed with this form of payment. Try a new or different form of payment" The **** at MS still took £0.39

Original Poster

Agent47

Tried purchasing GTAV from Colombia using the Revolut online card … Tried purchasing GTAV from Colombia using the Revolut online card transaction was not successful "Usa una forma de pago distinta Tu compra no puede ser completada con esta forma de pago. Intenta con una forma de pago nueva o distinta. / Use a different form of payment Your purchase can not be completed with this form of payment. Try a new or different form of payment" The **** at MS still took £0.39

Did you use a VPN ?

That 39p charge will be refunded in 10 days, it's to check your card is valid.

No did not use a VPN. So is that the reason why?

Thanks for the fast response. Are VPN's free?

Got it working using a VPN bargain.

Original Poster

Agent47

No did not use a VPN. So is that the reason why?Thanks for the fast … No did not use a VPN. So is that the reason why?Thanks for the fast response. Are VPN's free?

Sorry, been working

Yes, sometimes you need to appear to be in the country you are buying from. It seems to vary from ISP, sometimes its needed, others not.

Play it safe & use one everytime & you should be good.

There are free VPN's or paid for VPN's which offer trials. I've used both for years, but decided to purchase a lifetime sub to VPN Unlimited from an offer posted on here (it was about £25).

Original Poster

Agent47

Got it working using a VPN bargain.

Excellent - now go save some money

Been trying to purchase from the India store and its not working. Using VPN based in India but still no luck.

Original Poster

kav12

Been trying to purchase from the India store and its not working. Using … Been trying to purchase from the India store and its not working. Using VPN based in India but still no luck.

Can you confirm what payment method you are using ? If Revolut, open the app & go into the support tab - just drop them a note saying your card is being declined for a Microsoft purchase in India - they normally reply within a few mins.

I've had it happen once & my account was being updated. They sorted it out in 5 mins.

Failing that, I would try a different VPN (which are you using at the mo?).

ChrisUK

Can you confirm what payment method you are using ? If Revolut, open the … Can you confirm what payment method you are using ? If Revolut, open the app & go into the support tab - just drop them a note saying your card is being declined for a Microsoft purchase in India - they normally reply within a few mins.I've had it happen once & my account was being updated. They sorted it out in 5 mins.Failing that, I would try a different VPN (which are you using at the mo?).

I'm using Revolut, went to the support tab and they are telling me to contact Microsoft instead as it must be on their end. I'm using Vyper.

Original Poster

kav12

I'm using Revolut, went to the support tab and they are telling me to … I'm using Revolut, went to the support tab and they are telling me to contact Microsoft instead as it must be on their end. I'm using Vyper.

Thats a good thing, you've rules out the card & MS being the issue, so I suggest its your VPN.

Any chance of trying a different one ?

What are you buying by the way ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3951611
      2. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)49
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2384
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846337

See more discussions