Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)

Posted 29th Jan 2017Edited by:"Silhouette"
************************************************************************************************
UPDATE 08/10/2018
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF A LOT OF NEW OR <6 MONTH ACCOUNTS/NO HISTORY POPPING UP, CLAIMING TO BE FROM ALL THESE KEY REGIONS - OFFERING TO "HELP".
IF YOU GET ANY PM'S OFFERING ANY "SERVICES" LIKE SENDING THEM MONEY FOR GIFT CARDS/GIFTED GAMES - THEN PLEASE TRY AND LOOK THE GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH AND TURN IT AWAY!!
ITS TOO RISKY TO TRUST A NEW MEMBER/STRANGER ON THE INTERNET TO OFFER SERVICES. ESPECIALLY THOSE INCLUDING THE SENDING OF MONEY, PROBABLY VIA "FRIENDS" PAYPAL SO YOU WONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON.
PLEASE BE VIGILANT IN THESE TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
*************************************************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: 13/09/2018 - VPN METHOD DOWN
Microsoft have confirmed that they have blocked cross-boarder payments from non-locally issued cards. Therefore, a UK issued card (Revolut, etc) cannot be used to purchase from any market other than UK. This doesnt appear to affect PreOrders so if you've already completed a purchase for a future release - positive vibes; you're looking okay.
However, in the meantime, dont try scripts/enter method - this is getting account bands as forced style 'attacks' for purchases are truly against the TOCs.
The Credit Method still works and sources for new credit giftcards are coming up more and more. Not Argentinian, but other cheap regions are available. Will keep updated.
Credit Method: hotukdeals.com/dis…608
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will need:
Xbox One/Xbox One S
Ethernet Cable
Laptop or PC with Connected Internet
VPN (Covered in the instructions)

Step 1: Acquire a VPN Service
Free services are available, but data caps and service speeds can be restricting. So use at your discretion.
For the purpose of this guide, I will using VPNSecure as my example. I purchased from StackSocial for $39 which was roughly £30 after fees etc.

Lots of other VPN deals here

2609231.jpg

Step 2: Log into VPNSecure and download the VPN Client and the Settings File.
Settings file will need to be moved from your “Downloads” to;
C:\Program Files\VPNSecureMe\lib\config
Once its there, right click and Extract All to the same location.

2609231.jpg

Step 3: Launch VPNSecure and under settings turn off “Leak Fix” and check “Save Username and Password”. Check VPNSecure is working. Pick a random region and make sure it connects and the IP appears correctly.

2609231.jpg

Step 4: Important. Restart your laptop/pc and this will make sure all programs/drivers are fully installed.

Step 5: On your laptop/pc, open “Network & Sharing Center”. Then (left menu) select “Change Adapter Settings”.

Step 6: Plug in your Xbox One/Xbox One S to the laptop/pc (whilst the Xbox is on).

2609231.jpg

Step 7: A new “Local Area Connection” will appear on your list (back on your laptop/pc). For ease, right click and rename to something more appropriate (like “Xbox One”).

Step 8: Right Click whatever Local Area Connection has the adapter “TAP-Windows Adapter V9” listed at the bottom, and select “Properties”. Under the “Sharing” tab, tick the top box (“Allow other networks…”) and from the drop down menu, select “Xbox One”. Then click OK.

2609231.jpg

Step 9: Restart your laptop – and in the meantime…

Step 10: Set your Xbox Region to whatever region you’re about to buy from, then on the far right hand side, select “Restart Xbox”. But before you reset;

{Steps 11-21 Continued in Comment/Post 1}
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
******************************************************************************************************
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF A LOT OF NEW OR <6 MONTH ACCOUNTS/NO HISTORY POPPING UP, CLAIMING TO BE FROM ALL THESE KEY REGIONS - OFFERING TO "HELP".
IF YOU GET ANY PM'S OFFERING ANY "SERVICES" LIKE SENDING THEM MONEY FOR GIFT CARDS/GIFTED GAMES - THEN PLEASE TRY AND LOOK THE GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH AND TURN IT AWAY!!
ITS TOO RISKY TO TRUST A NEW MEMBER/STRANGER ON THE INTERNET TO OFFER SERVICES. ESPECIALLY THOSE INCLUDING THE SENDING OF MONEY, PROBABLY VIA "FRIENDS" PAYPAL SO YOU WONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON.
PLEASE BE VIGILANT IN THESE TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
******************************************************************************************************
tiago.caldevilla04/09/2018 23:10

FFS guys , it has nothing to do with using Azure for their payments , it's …FFS guys , it has nothing to do with using Azure for their payments , it's working flawless for the locals on Turkey to buy the games.Like it's workig flawless to every1 in here that buys from their local xbl store ( in my case Portugal). I know i know , everyone wants cheap banana prices , but face it , it's very unlikely that this will work again , not this method at least.Or do you even think that Microsoft was in this situation for 5 or 6 days without any problem risking to loose millions of bucks cause ppl couldnt buy their games.And yeah , you will throw me the ones that say they have bought after X numbers of tries , Really ? U should know better ...

Full on getting sick of your comments bro, not guna lie
chaosingotham12/09/2018 17:49

Comment deleted

przemyslaw.kur12/09/2018 17:17

Hi, Any news regarding VPN + Revoult status ?? Still not work or here …Hi, Any news regarding VPN + Revoult status ?? Still not work or here there are some magicians

Seriously, why is this thread filled with people who cannot be bothered to literally read the page they are even posting on, let alone going back 2-3 pages. You have eyes & a brain for a reason, if you use either of them, you'll find the answer for yourself in about 10 seconds.
Edited by: "Scoorey" 12th Sep 2018
35688643-CNpxt.jpg35688643-2vZed.jpg
Dear MS Argentina,

I miss you.

Forever yours,

Sil.
6869 Comments
If I wanna buy from Brazil do I have to use VPN now?
Edited by: "Vortix" 15th Jun
Buy Canadian credit, use VPN to add it and buy game.
Hitcher15/06/2019 15:59

Buy Canadian credit, use VPN to add it and buy game.

Remember Canadian Sales tax, or you'll have to repeat the process!
Was looking into buying borderlands 3, and g2a have a US key for super deluxe edition for about £60, which is way cheaper than anywhere else. Is it legit? And would it need to be redeemed via VPN on xbox or just changing region on app without VPN work?
eayragt15/06/2019 16:24

Remember Canadian Sales tax, or you'll have to repeat the process!

Cheers. So get more credit than the game says? Also best place to get credit please? Seamg??
chaosingotham15/06/2019 18:36

Cheers. So get more credit than the game says? Also best place to get …Cheers. So get more credit than the game says? Also best place to get credit please? Seamg??

Seagm, G2A, MTCgame. It'll probably be legit, but if not PayPal will have your back. Canadian Sales Tax is 5%.
eayragt15/06/2019 19:15

Seagm, G2A, MTCgame. It'll probably be legit, but if not PayPal will have …Seagm, G2A, MTCgame. It'll probably be legit, but if not PayPal will have your back. Canadian Sales Tax is 5%.

Thanks pal. When you say tax is that on the gift card or the game?
eayragt15/06/2019 19:41

On the game.

Wicked I'll put an extra 2 pound that should cover it
If I buy a Brazil XBL code, will using a VPN on my phone let me use the code?
Patty3725/06/2019 13:31

If I buy a Brazil XBL code, will using a VPN on my phone let me use the …If I buy a Brazil XBL code, will using a VPN on my phone let me use the code?

VPN and set the app location to Brazil, keep in mind that if your current running Xbl subscription is a different region you won't be able to extend it
Anyone know if the Revolut card way works again???? that's without the VPN
grantgurney901/07/2019 18:25

Anyone know if the Revolut card way works again???? that's without the VPN

Why don’t you give it a go and find out? I’m sure if it did it would be all over this thread
I tried to buy some credit from the store yesterday (just on the off chance) and no luck

As @Maverick_TF says, if it was working again this thread would light up
Sci0n02/07/2019 19:58

does any one know the UK prices for this …does any one know the UK prices for this site?https://www.oyunfor.com/xbox-microsoft/xbox-hediye-karti-tl?aff=Of-xboxstorechecker

What do you mean the Uk prices ? You pay face value of the Turkish cards no added fees, that said I’ve only ever been able to buy from that site once, never seems to work.
St998002/07/2019 20:02

What do you mean the Uk prices ? You pay face value of the Turkish cards …What do you mean the Uk prices ? You pay face value of the Turkish cards no added fees, that said I’ve only ever been able to buy from that site once, never seems to work.

I’ve used it many a time with no issue, the key is paying with a Monzo card as they have cards that are 3D Secure, when clicking to pay you can choose the credit card option or the G2A option
Sci0n02/07/2019 19:58

does any one know the UK prices for this …does any one know the UK prices for this site?https://www.oyunfor.com/xbox-microsoft/xbox-hediye-karti-tl?aff=Of-xboxstorechecker

As for the U.K. prices, as @St9980 said, they are face value you just pay a small 2% fee or thereabouts for using a payment card

Also, when paying at first you in effect top up your account on the site, and then use that credit to pay for the gift cards, so be sure to set up an account with the site first

To get the U.K. prices, just google 50 TRY in GBP or whatever value you are wanting (they sell 10, 25 or 50) and that’s your cost roughly.

Remember, it’s best using a Monzo card if you have one, if not get one, as they pass the 3D Secure checks
Edited by: "Maverick_TF" 3rd Jul
Has anyone bought from Turkey recently using credit?

Usually go via Argentina but I'm running low on credit, the next best region is Turkey and I have a balance greater than the game, however it keeps failing. I usually do it via the Xbox app by just changing the location, Argentina works fine (with no VPN) but Turkey keeps bombing me out - any suggestions? (I haven't tried via the web using a VPN, I'll give that a go tonight)
Hodge4ever04/07/2019 09:54

Has anyone bought from Turkey recently using credit?Usually go via …Has anyone bought from Turkey recently using credit?Usually go via Argentina but I'm running low on credit, the next best region is Turkey and I have a balance greater than the game, however it keeps failing. I usually do it via the Xbox app by just changing the location, Argentina works fine (with no VPN) but Turkey keeps bombing me out - any suggestions? (I haven't tried via the web using a VPN, I'll give that a go tonight)

I have used Turkey regularly over the last few months including just last week, you need a VPN
Hodge4ever04/07/2019 09:54

Has anyone bought from Turkey recently using credit?Usually go via …Has anyone bought from Turkey recently using credit?Usually go via Argentina but I'm running low on credit, the next best region is Turkey and I have a balance greater than the game, however it keeps failing. I usually do it via the Xbox app by just changing the location, Argentina works fine (with no VPN) but Turkey keeps bombing me out - any suggestions? (I haven't tried via the web using a VPN, I'll give that a go tonight)

I have used Turkey regularly over the past few months, you need a VPN to make the purchase

I use Speedify on iPhone as it’s free for your first 5gb a month or something like that and seems to work flawlessly
Maverick_TF04/07/2019 18:05

I have used Turkey regularly over the past few months, you need a VPN to …I have used Turkey regularly over the past few months, you need a VPN to make the purchase I use Speedify on iPhone as it’s free for your first 5gb a month or something like that and seems to work flawlessly

Thanks for the info, tried Speedify on my phone via the Xbox app and still the same. Tried on the PC (with secure VPN) and that failed as well - seems like for some reason MS really don't want me to buy from Turkey

Weird, as Argentina is fine?! I thought it may be because I had a expired card associated with it, but I removed that and added another one and it still fails even though I am using a credit balance.
Silhouette14/06/2019 16:20

I beleive there's a window, between redemption and use... But I just …I beleive there's a window, between redemption and use... But I just managed to use coin on a foreign buy off the MS Store without a VPN. But adding the currency I know I had to go full VPN.

Thanks. In the end I was able to buy the game, on VPN, after a 3 or 4 days, good outcome!
eayragt03/06/2019 20:13

Sorry subscriber's, no new method here. I just wanted to check some people …Sorry subscriber's, no new method here. I just wanted to check some people in their area of expertise - saving money by buying abroad.But the question is Steam. As Region Locking was introduced so long ago, Google is answering different questions to what I'm asking. So:If I was to start a foreign Steam account with a VPN, do I need a payment card from that country a la MS Store?I've started playing Eternal Card Game on the Xbox. The Free to Play model is very good, but I did a bit of Region Swapping and found that the savings from foreign stores immense if I wanted to buy anything in game. Xbox has hopes to jump through, but as I can log into my account on a PC, it dawned on me that it could be easier to just purchase on PC for the account I use on Xbox. Gut instinct says no, as we don't get foreign Steam deals posted and Region Locking is a thing, but I can't work out if this is specifically blocked or not.

Its hella easy to do it on Steam, I just changed my region to ARG, added a revolut card for argentina with a fake address and boom able to purchase games from ARG store with no VPN - I recently picked up ESO for £2.37 and 6 months of ESO Premium for £11.29!
charlotte.salisbury12/07/2019 01:06

Its hella easy to do it on Steam, I just changed my region to ARG, added a …Its hella easy to do it on Steam, I just changed my region to ARG, added a revolut card for argentina with a fake address and boom able to purchase games from ARG store with no VPN - I recently picked up ESO for £2.37 and 6 months of ESO Premium for £11.29!

But this is for the Xbox.
Hitcher12/07/2019 06:20

But this is for the Xbox.

Somebody asked about doing it on Steam so I offered advice =)
Fair enough.
charlotte.salisbury12/07/2019 01:06

Its hella easy to do it on Steam, I just changed my region to ARG, added a …Its hella easy to do it on Steam, I just changed my region to ARG, added a revolut card for argentina with a fake address and boom able to purchase games from ARG store with no VPN - I recently picked up ESO for £2.37 and 6 months of ESO Premium for £11.29!

Hmm, I'll give it a whirl, thanks.
Hi guys any one brought of turkey recently if so can you tell me the method used please. Cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions