Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)

Posted 29th Jan 2017Edited by:"Silhouette"
************************************************************************************************
UPDATE 08/10/2018
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF A LOT OF NEW OR <6 MONTH ACCOUNTS/NO HISTORY POPPING UP, CLAIMING TO BE FROM ALL THESE KEY REGIONS - OFFERING TO "HELP".
IF YOU GET ANY PM'S OFFERING ANY "SERVICES" LIKE SENDING THEM MONEY FOR GIFT CARDS/GIFTED GAMES - THEN PLEASE TRY AND LOOK THE GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH AND TURN IT AWAY!!
ITS TOO RISKY TO TRUST A NEW MEMBER/STRANGER ON THE INTERNET TO OFFER SERVICES. ESPECIALLY THOSE INCLUDING THE SENDING OF MONEY, PROBABLY VIA "FRIENDS" PAYPAL SO YOU WONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON.
PLEASE BE VIGILANT IN THESE TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
*************************************************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: 13/09/2018 - VPN METHOD DOWN
Microsoft have confirmed that they have blocked cross-boarder payments from non-locally issued cards. Therefore, a UK issued card (Revolut, etc) cannot be used to purchase from any market other than UK. This doesnt appear to affect PreOrders so if you've already completed a purchase for a future release - positive vibes; you're looking okay.
However, in the meantime, dont try scripts/enter method - this is getting account bands as forced style 'attacks' for purchases are truly against the TOCs.
The Credit Method still works and sources for new credit giftcards are coming up more and more. Not Argentinian, but other cheap regions are available. Will keep updated.
Credit Method: hotukdeals.com/dis…608
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will need:
Xbox One/Xbox One S
Ethernet Cable
Laptop or PC with Connected Internet
VPN (Covered in the instructions)

Step 1: Acquire a VPN Service
Free services are available, but data caps and service speeds can be restricting. So use at your discretion.
For the purpose of this guide, I will using VPNSecure as my example. I purchased from StackSocial for $39 which was roughly £30 after fees etc.

Lots of other VPN deals here

2609231.jpg

Step 2: Log into VPNSecure and download the VPN Client and the Settings File.
Settings file will need to be moved from your “Downloads” to;
C:\Program Files\VPNSecureMe\lib\config
Once its there, right click and Extract All to the same location.

2609231.jpg

Step 3: Launch VPNSecure and under settings turn off “Leak Fix” and check “Save Username and Password”. Check VPNSecure is working. Pick a random region and make sure it connects and the IP appears correctly.

2609231.jpg

Step 4: Important. Restart your laptop/pc and this will make sure all programs/drivers are fully installed.

Step 5: On your laptop/pc, open “Network & Sharing Center”. Then (left menu) select “Change Adapter Settings”.

Step 6: Plug in your Xbox One/Xbox One S to the laptop/pc (whilst the Xbox is on).

2609231.jpg

Step 7: A new “Local Area Connection” will appear on your list (back on your laptop/pc). For ease, right click and rename to something more appropriate (like “Xbox One”).

Step 8: Right Click whatever Local Area Connection has the adapter “TAP-Windows Adapter V9” listed at the bottom, and select “Properties”. Under the “Sharing” tab, tick the top box (“Allow other networks…”) and from the drop down menu, select “Xbox One”. Then click OK.

2609231.jpg

Step 9: Restart your laptop – and in the meantime…

Step 10: Set your Xbox Region to whatever region you’re about to buy from, then on the far right hand side, select “Restart Xbox”. But before you reset;

{Steps 11-21 Continued in Comment/Post 1}
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
******************************************************************************************************
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF A LOT OF NEW OR <6 MONTH ACCOUNTS/NO HISTORY POPPING UP, CLAIMING TO BE FROM ALL THESE KEY REGIONS - OFFERING TO "HELP".
IF YOU GET ANY PM'S OFFERING ANY "SERVICES" LIKE SENDING THEM MONEY FOR GIFT CARDS/GIFTED GAMES - THEN PLEASE TRY AND LOOK THE GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH AND TURN IT AWAY!!
ITS TOO RISKY TO TRUST A NEW MEMBER/STRANGER ON THE INTERNET TO OFFER SERVICES. ESPECIALLY THOSE INCLUDING THE SENDING OF MONEY, PROBABLY VIA "FRIENDS" PAYPAL SO YOU WONT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON.
PLEASE BE VIGILANT IN THESE TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
******************************************************************************************************
tiago.caldevilla04/09/2018 23:10

FFS guys , it has nothing to do with using Azure for their payments , it's …FFS guys , it has nothing to do with using Azure for their payments , it's working flawless for the locals on Turkey to buy the games.Like it's workig flawless to every1 in here that buys from their local xbl store ( in my case Portugal). I know i know , everyone wants cheap banana prices , but face it , it's very unlikely that this will work again , not this method at least.Or do you even think that Microsoft was in this situation for 5 or 6 days without any problem risking to loose millions of bucks cause ppl couldnt buy their games.And yeah , you will throw me the ones that say they have bought after X numbers of tries , Really ? U should know better ...

Full on getting sick of your comments bro, not guna lie
chaosingotham12/09/2018 17:49

Comment deleted

przemyslaw.kur12/09/2018 17:17

Hi, Any news regarding VPN + Revoult status ?? Still not work or here …Hi, Any news regarding VPN + Revoult status ?? Still not work or here there are some magicians

Seriously, why is this thread filled with people who cannot be bothered to literally read the page they are even posting on, let alone going back 2-3 pages. You have eyes & a brain for a reason, if you use either of them, you'll find the answer for yourself in about 10 seconds.
Edited by: "Scoorey" 12th Sep 2018
35688643-CNpxt.jpg35688643-2vZed.jpg
Dear MS Argentina,

I miss you.

Forever yours,

Sil.
6869 Comments
Argentina/Vietnam doesn't work through laptop VPNSecure

Tried Natwest credit card, Revolut and debit card.
Silhouette

Argentina/Vietnam doesn't work through laptop VPNSecureTried Natwest … Argentina/Vietnam doesn't work through laptop VPNSecureTried Natwest credit card, Revolut and debit card.

Ah what really? Will have to try again tomorrow with something, it did for me twice but that was using VyprVPN?

Sounds like they are catching on again haha

Did somebody say the gift card method seems to be having trouble now too?
Gift cards worked last night for me, Brazil and Russia. No problems.

You had success with the laptop/Ethernet method using Viper? What card did you use. I feel this Clarity Card may be the answer I'm looking for.
Silhouette

Gift cards worked last night for me, Brazil and Russia. No problems. You … Gift cards worked last night for me, Brazil and Russia. No problems. You had success with the laptop/Ethernet method using Viper? What card did you use. I feel this Clarity Card may be the answer I'm looking for.

Yep, when I first tried this method I used Vypr connected to Vietnam with a Revolut card, made 2 purchases from Argentina with it and it worked fine... I also did a Mexican purchase using PayPal and Vypr...

I am yet to try India with my Travelex Supercard, the card has been verified now so I may try over the weekend

The only issue I had is the console eats away at the data so the free 500mb was gone after a purchase, but im thinking my console may have been downloading an update for games at the same time and this would be the cause.
Silhoutte or Maverick (or both)... any of you got that issue like I described in my earlier post whereby when you add another payment it then seems to show the wrong country??

So below the magic number of three options I can add a new payment option and it displays correct, but then when I add the next one it accepts the address details but the country shows the last one added when viewing the payment options.

like this

http://imgur.com/xWtVGSN

I think I am going to just remove all my options including my UK based ones and start again. Also signed up for the Travelex Supercard too.
Maverick_TF

Yep, when I first tried this method I used Vypr connected to Vietnam with … Yep, when I first tried this method I used Vypr connected to Vietnam with a Revolut card, made 2 purchases from Argentina with it and it worked fine... I also did a Mexican purchase using PayPal and Vypr...I am yet to try India with my Travelex Supercard, the card has been verified now so I may try over the weekendThe only issue I had is the console eats away at the data so the free 500mb was gone after a purchase, but im thinking my console may have been downloading an update for games at the same time and this would be the cause.

I had this issue but when I started deleting some countries the others would show back up. It appears that each payment method only shows the most recent country you have it connected too. However I believe the information is still stored. I had around 6 countries on my revolut and 3 connected to my PayPal account. Hope this helps?
Maverick_TF

Yep, when I first tried this method I used Vypr connected to Vietnam with … Yep, when I first tried this method I used Vypr connected to Vietnam with a Revolut card, made 2 purchases from Argentina with it and it worked fine... I also did a Mexican purchase using PayPal and Vypr...

Did you buy credit or the game outright for Mexico via your console? I just did Mexico (@10am), trying to buy the game direct from store with Firefox & PayPal via Vyper and it failed? I take it only console purchasing works now?

Joefez

Did you buy credit or the game outright for Mexico via your console? I … Did you buy credit or the game outright for Mexico via your console? I just did Mexico (@10am), trying to buy the game direct from store with Firefox & PayPal via Vyper and it failed? I take it only console purchasing works now?

I bought the game outright via the console using Vypr and PayPal, purchasing outright on a browser doesn't work anymore unless you are using Gift cards
Edited by: "Maverick_TF" 3rd Feb 2017
g4v1n2

Silhoutte or Maverick (or both)... any of you got that issue like I … Silhoutte or Maverick (or both)... any of you got that issue like I described in my earlier post whereby when you add another payment it then seems to show the wrong country??So below the magic number of three options I can add a new payment option and it displays correct, but then when I add the next one it accepts the address details but the country shows the last one added when viewing the payment options.like thishttp://imgur.com/xWtVGSNI think I am going to just remove all my options including my UK based ones and start again. Also signed up for the Travelex Supercard too.

I haven't seen this happen, however at the moment I only have a payment option set up for Argentina (Revolut card) and one for India (Travelex card)...

I have noticed in the past though that a sale may be rejected if you have the same card set up for multiple regions and stored... at first I couldn't get Argentina to work but when I checked my payment settings i still had Revolut saved for Russia, I deleted that and tried again and Argentina worked, so I think that can cause issues
Edited by: "Maverick_TF" 3rd Feb 2017
Maverick_TF

I bought the game outright via the console using Vypr and PayPal, … I bought the game outright via the console using Vypr and PayPal, purchasing outright on a browser doesn't work anymore unless you are using Gift cards

Cheers dude. Appreciate the info.
Ugh, so I just tried to buy Rainbow Six Siege from India with my Travelex card and then tried Revolut, both were a no go

Has anyone had success with India and Revolut? I'm well annoyed lol
And now I've just tried For Honor from Mexico direct from Console with PayPal and that doesn't work now just said to contact Microsoft Support cos they couldn't process my payment here's hoping my UK purchases are working haha
Looks like the dream is over they've finally locked it all down
I'm thinking the credit method may still work, tried for an hour last night to suss a site for for Mexican credit, there's one called Elektra what is on a site posted in the previous thread but for the life of me I can't get it to work, trust both the new big Ubisoft games to be cheapest on Mexico
I suspect they won't be able to stop credit purchasing, providing it is possible to buy from 3rd party sellers as they could never really separate legitimate geo located users from VPN users.

Only problem with credit buying is that straight away you lose some of the savings over something like Revolut and are stuck with left over credit. Making it nearly as much as just buying it in the UK but with all the added hassle and remaining funds tied up in different currencies.

The next loop hole is likely to come with the advent of a truly global credit purchasing app. Revolut allows you to change your address but only within Europe. They claim they are expanding their operations worldwide. When that happens you should be able to overcome Microsoft address checks on the payment account.

Joefez

I suspect they won't be able to stop credit purchasing, providing it is … I suspect they won't be able to stop credit purchasing, providing it is possible to buy from 3rd party sellers as they could never really separate legitimate geo located users from VPN users.Only problem with credit buying is that straight away you lose some of the savings over something like Revolut and are stuck with left over credit. Making it nearly as much as just buying it in the UK but with all the added hassle and remaining funds tied up in different currencies.The next loop hole is likely to come with the advent of a truly global credit purchasing app. Revolut allows you to change your address but only within Europe. They claim they are expanding their operations worldwide. When that happens you should be able to overcome Microsoft address checks on the payment account.

​The left over credit works well as its not like I'm ever going to stop buying games

A lot of the sites offer good rates and discounts which are below FX... So it's just stocking up when it comes. I remember buying £100 Brazil when it went dirt cheap on one of the sites and that lasted me yonks.

Think I'm down to my last 1000 Rubles though
Silhouette

​The left over credit works well as its not like I'm ever going to stop b … ​The left over credit works well as its not like I'm ever going to stop buying games :)A lot of the sites offer good rates and discounts which are below FX... So it's just stocking up when it comes. I remember buying £100 Brazil when it went dirt cheap on one of the sites and that lasted me yonks. Think I'm down to my last 1000 Rubles though

You make a valid point, and yes, I guess I won't stop buying games either!
I don't have a lot of time to play so my buying habits are different now. I would never buy a game pre-release or full price, but when I was younger I was definitely an early tech adopter and release day buyer. Now I tend to buy games when they are on offer, sub £20 ideally. The Xbox gold deals via foreign MS stores have been great, especially over Christmas where I was able to add a few more tiers to my pile of shame.

I haven't had a lot of exposure to credit buying sites though. But like you say, I suppose if you hit them at the right time you can clean up.

Cheers for all the info though. If it wasn't for your original thread and some of the others I would never have known about it and kept up with the loopholes!
Maverick_TF

Ugh, so I just tried to buy Rainbow Six Siege from India with my Travelex … Ugh, so I just tried to buy Rainbow Six Siege from India with my Travelex card and then tried Revolut, both were a no go Has anyone had success with India and Revolut? I'm well annoyed lol

I have just bought Rainbow Six Siege using Revolut and a VPN to India and it worked first try, so it still works.

imgur.com/a/i…NGn
VPN via laptop? Assume Indian address?
DiagnostiX

I have just bought Rainbow Six Siege using Revolut and a VPN to India and … I have just bought Rainbow Six Siege using Revolut and a VPN to India and it worked first try, so it still works.https://imgur.com/a/ixNGn

Out of interest, what address did you use? And had you got the Revolut card already saved or did you add it then instantly purchase?

Also which VPN did you use? Vyprvpn?
Maverick_TF

Out of interest, what address did you use? And had you got the Revolut … Out of interest, what address did you use? And had you got the Revolut card already saved or did you add it then instantly purchase? Also which VPN did you use? Vyprvpn?

@Silhouette yes using my Mac, Indian VPN and Indian address.

@Maverick_TF I've attached the address in a photo below. The Revolut card was saved to this address no longer than 1 week ago because I added it and then immediately pre-ordered Mass Effect Andromeda which worked first time. The VPN I use is VPN One Click.

The method still works, I'm not sure what's stopping it from working for you.

imgur.com/a/g…Otq
Edited by: "DiagnostiX" 5th Feb 2017
Joefez

Looks like the dream is over they've finally locked it all down

The amount of times I've seen a comment like this posted in threads like this is mind boggling. The dream is NEVER OVER!

Good to see it's still working, albeit intermittently. It was never a 100% working method and always going to be hit and miss, but hey if it saves you some money here and there then why not. What I've considered doing while the VPN method seems to still work here and there is going onto Edge on the Xbox itself and seeing if I can buy Gift Cards from certain regions and loading up as a fail safe going forward.

Good stuff on the walk through by the way @Silhouette. Much more in depth than my shoddy run through :P
DiagnostiX

@Silhouette yes using my Mac, Indian VPN and Indian address. @Maverick_TF … @Silhouette yes using my Mac, Indian VPN and Indian address. @Maverick_TF I've attached the address in a photo below. The Revolut card was saved to this address no longer than 1 week ago because I added it and then immediately pre-ordered Mass Effect Andromeda which worked first time. The VPN I use is VPN One Click.The method still works, I'm not sure what's stopping it from working for you.https://imgur.com/a/gdOtq

​i think the problem is its not working 100% for everybody. I have tried numerous times now for India with no luck.

Using Revolut with Indian address (google mumbai HQ), using VyperVpn and confirmed definite Indian IP via geo location on Whatsmyip.org on both the laptop and the X1. just get cross region error.

My colleague at work has exactly the same problem.

the differences i can see from your post are :-

1) using a Mac versus a Windows laptop. I am going to grab my work mac laptop and try that although that really shouldn't be any different.

2) using VpnOneClick rather than VyperVpn. i tried one click but for some reason could not get it to connect at all. Need to retry that. Again though has had confirmed Indian IP with Vyper this should not be an issue either.

3) My Revolut card was added to previous addresses on my MS billing info for a good 6 months probably longer. Only tried for India though in last few weeks. Had you used Revolut before for other purchases? or was this a newly registered Revolut?

Other question would be do you have any other payment methods registered or is it just Revolut? I have both Revolut card and UK card added at the moment as UK one was the initial one I used to get Xbox live and EA Access.

I suspect it is a Revolut issue as it seems really hit and miss and they are not really helpful as they just say MS might not accept Revolut.

tis getting annoying though now.
Could it be based on people's ISPs? Maybe some ips are blocking something. We recently had a issue at work where people who had sky broadband couldn't log in from home due to an update on sky's part.
Edited by: "slliw" 5th Feb 2017
I'm gonna try my work Mac tomorrow and see if that makes any odds, out of curiosity @Diagnostix which isp do you have?

Will also grab VPN One Click and hopefully be able to grab Rainbow Six before it goes off the sale
Also, does VPN One Click have a server for Argentina or Vietnam?
Silhouette

You will need:Xbox One/Xbox One SEthernet CableLaptop or PC with … You will need:Xbox One/Xbox One SEthernet CableLaptop or PC with Connected InternetVPN (Covered in the instructions)Step 1: Acquire a VPN ServiceFree services are available, but data caps and service speeds can be restricting. So use at your discretion.For the purpose of this guide, I will using VPNSecure as my example. I purchased from StackSocial for $39 which was roughly £30 after fees etc.Step 2: Log into VPNSecure and download the VPN Client and the Settings File.Settings file will need to be moved from your “Downloads” to;C:\Program Files\VPNSecureMe\lib\configOnce its there, right click and Extract All to the same location.Step 3: Launch VPNSecure and under settings turn off “Leak Fix” and check “Save Username and Password”. Check VPNSecure is working. Pick a random region and make sure it connects and the IP appears correctly.Step 4: Important. Restart your laptop/pc and this will make sure all programs/drivers are fully installed.Step 5: On your laptop/pc, open “Network & Sharing Center”. Then (left menu) select “Change Adapter Settings”.Step 6: Plug in your Xbox One/Xbox One S to the laptop/pc (whilst the Xbox is on).Step 7: A new “Local Area Connection” will appear on your list (back on your laptop/pc). For ease, right click and rename to something more appropriate (like “Xbox One”).Step 8: Right Click whatever Local Area Connection has the adapter “TAP-Windows Adapter V9” listed at the bottom, and select “Properties”. Under the “Sharing” tab, tick the top box (“Allow other networks…”) and from the drop down menu, select “Xbox One”. Then click OK.Step 9: Restart your laptop – and in the meantime…Step 10: Set your Xbox Region to whatever region you’re about to buy from, then on the far right hand side, select “Restart Xbox”. But before you reset;{Steps 11-21 Continued in Comment/Post 1}

Hi, I'm having trouble with your vpn guide. I purchased the lifetime license the same vpn as you but step 2 is a problem for me.

Step 2: Log into VPNSecure and download the VPN Client and the Settings File.
Settings file will need to be moved from your “Downloads” to;
C:\Program Files\VPNSecureMe\lib\config
Once its there, right click and Extract All to the same location.

I see no settings file anywhere?

Can you help please.
On VPN Secures website they offer you configuration files. Download them all and one of them should appear in the file path above. If they don't move the file from your Downloads section to it. The name of the zip will be the name of your account.

Then extract/unzip the file. Then restart your computer and VPNSecure should then load with all your config. Any problems let me know and I'll see about grabbing some links.
Silhouette

On VPN Secures website they offer you configuration files. Download them … On VPN Secures website they offer you configuration files. Download them all and one of them should appear in the file path above. If they don't move the file from your Downloads section to it. The name of the zip will be the name of your account. Then extract/unzip the file. Then restart your computer and VPNSecure should then load with all your config. Any problems let me know and I'll see about grabbing some links.

Hi, is this what should be in the folder path? C:\Program Files\VPNSecureMe\lib\config
29984822-CXVXN[/img]

Also do I delete the compressed file?

Maverick_TF

I'm gonna try my work Mac tomorrow and see if that makes any odds, out of … I'm gonna try my work Mac tomorrow and see if that makes any odds, out of curiosity @Diagnostix which isp do you have? Will also grab VPN One Click and hopefully be able to grab Rainbow Six before it goes off the sale

I'm with Virgin Media and no it doesn't have Argentina or Vietnam. All the games I've bought recently though were cheapest in India, Mexico, Singapore or Russia, which there are VPN's for and worked successfully for me.

@g4v1n2 I have been using the same Revolut card since the first VPN method days and haven't changed it. I do have it as a physical card too. In the U.K. I have Revolut and PayPal, and Revolut is also linked to about 10 other countries.
can confirm Argentina works using ipvanish and revolut on a Windows 10 pc.
Okay I give up with India, it has never worked for me, I get the cross region error with Revolut and the Travelex card, using VyprVPN Argentina worked for me last week but doubting if that will work now too it's proper frustrating cos at the moment India seems to have some cracking prices
eldorado

can confirm Argentina works using ipvanish and revolut on a Windows 10 pc.

IPVanish at ~£5 a month would surely negate any savings for people who only use the VPN for game buying?
already had it didn't buy it for this purpose.
eldorado

already had it didn't buy it for this purpose.

​That's what I meant. I doubt many people would dip because of the expense.

Always trying to find the cheapest working solutions
Thanks for this, managed to buy the Rainbow Six Siege season pass for a tenner from Argentina using ibVPN and Revolut.
swinno

Thanks for this, managed to buy the Rainbow Six Siege season pass for a … Thanks for this, managed to buy the Rainbow Six Siege season pass for a tenner from Argentina using ibVPN and Revolut.

which one is ibVPN? im getting frustrated as none work for me now haha
Maverick_TF

which one is ibVPN? im getting frustrated as none work for me now haha

http://www.ibvpn.com/

Looks like they offer a 6 hour free trial... I need to buy 4 Siege Year 2 passes, so I need to get a working Argentina method. May try tonight.
Silhouette

http://www.ibvpn.com/Looks like they offer a 6 hour free trial... I need … http://www.ibvpn.com/Looks like they offer a 6 hour free trial... I need to buy 4 Siege Year 2 passes, so I need to get a working Argentina method. May try tonight.

Yeah thats the one if you use it make sure to change the protocol to OpenVPN-UDP
I have just successfully bought Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Season Pass for £10 from Argentina! Just thought I'd let everyone know that it is possible.

I spent about an hour trying to get it to work. I started using my normal VPN One Click and tried Chile as the VPN because it doesn't have Argentina. No luck. I then downloaded VyprVPN to try using the free 500MB they give you and use both the Argentina and Vietnam VPN's. Again no such luck. I was finishing off and about to give up when I tried a few other VPN locations on One Click. I first tried Iceland and it failed. As a last resort I connected to Panama and as I clicked buy on the Xbox store expecting the usual cross region block, it actually worked. I was gobsmacked.

I'm not sure why it worked but I'm glad that it did. Argentina don't have as many deals as they used to but when they are cheaper on an item, they are a lot cheaper. This Year 2 pass is a great example and even more so if you look at the Siege in game currency options where the £40 UK pack is literally £11.67 in Argentina. I've attached proof below of my confirmation email and Revolut notification/detail.

Hope someone else manages to take advantage of these great prices too.

imgur.com/a/i…b4D
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants