Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)

Found 24th May 2016
***** UPDATE 29/12/2016 *****

Credit Remainder + Revolut To Pay The Difference is no longer available. The purchase must be made with Xbox Credit in its entirety.

Microsoft.com/Mic…com no longer allows credit to be purchased from their foreign stores via UK methods (PayPal, Revolut, UK Bank Cards etc).

OffGamers (Look out for "Discount Promo") ("Bundle Promo" means 2x Code)
{US} offgamers.com/gam…-us {10/15/25/50/100}
{Brazil} offgamers.com/gam…-br {30/50/100}
{Canada} offgamers.com/gam…-ca {50}
{Hong Kong} offgamers.com/gam…-hk {150/300/600}
{Japan} offgamers.com/gam…-jp {1,000/2,000}
{South Africa} offgamers.com/gam…-za {100}

CardsCodes
{US} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {5/15/25/50}
{Brazil} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {30/50/100}
{Canada} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {15/25/50}
{Japan} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {1,000/2,000/5,000}
{South Africa} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {100/600}
{Hong Kong} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {150/300}
{Russia} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {1,000}
{South Korea} cardscodes.com/Xbo…tml {50,000}

PrePaidGamer (Prices/Paid for in South African Rand)
{South Africa} prepaidgamer.com/xbo…ca/ {100/200/300/600 for 590}
{US} prepaidgamer.com/xbo…ds/ {10/25/50}

SeaGM (Fee at checkout, but earn points and gain levels for future discount)
{Brazil} seagm.com/xbo…zil {30/50/100}
{Japan} seagm.com/xbo…pan {2,000/3,000/5,000/10,000}
{US} seagm.com/xbo…tes {10/15/25/50}
{Hong Kong} seagm.com/xbo…ong {150/300/600}
{South Africa} seagm.com/xbo…ica {100/200/300/600}
{Russia} seagm.com/xbo…sia {500/1,000/2,000/2,500}
{Taiwan} seagm.com/xbo…wan {250/500/1,000/2,000}

PCGameSupply
{Australia} pcgamesupply.com/buy…on/ {15/25/50/70/100}
{US} pcgamesupply.com/buy…on/ {15/25/50}
{Canada} pcgamesupply.com/buy…on/ {15/25/50}

Google HQ Locations/Addresses/Telephone Numbers
google.com/abo…ns/

Here's the link to Check Your Current Outstanding Credits (all regions on one screen)
account.microsoft.com/?re…-GB

You cant redeem code/credit from the Microsoft Redeem section anymore.

I.e. if you're on Xbox.sg (or whatever Singapore is) when you switch to Redeem Code, it *now* takes you to MicrosoftStore.sg/Red…m... Which doesnt allow cross border code redemption.

However, the way to get round this;

Click "Buy"/"PreOrder" on the item you want. It will then ask you to confirm your address (if you're purchased from the region before, its simply clicking on the name process). Then it will come up with any remaining balance you have, plus your card section.

Here's the clever bit, below this (the code and card details) is a symbol of a giftbox/giftcard and some text, click on this and then input your code. It will 100% allow you to redeem the code here *during the purchase* but not prior.

***** USEFUL LINKS IN COMMENTS/POST #1 BELOW *****
Community Updates
MiscXboxXbox One
Top comments
***** UPDATE 19/09/2018 *****

Hi All,

Please make sure you make use of the Google HQ section below.

Before redeeming anything via a different region you will need an address for that region *AND* a payment method registered. You can do this via the Microsoft Account page. Use a Google HQ address for the region. Add any card you want (Id suggest Revolut for ease and future planning - and it will take a <£1 payment from the card when you add it - which will reverse/refund after a week or so).

But as that card will never be touched/tested, as you'll be covering the entire purchase through Microsoft Credit Codes/Cards!

google.com/abo…ns/

Microsoft.com/Mic…com no longer allows credit to be purchased from their foreign stores via UK methods (PayPal, Revolut, UK Bank Cards etc).

CardsCodes

PCGameSupply

google.com/abo…ns/

Here's the link to Check Your Current Outstanding Credits (all regions on one screen)
account.microsoft.com/?re…ol&
Edited by: "Silhouette" 19th Sep
1568 Comments
***** UPDATE 19/09/2018 *****

Hi All,

Please make sure you make use of the Google HQ section below.

Before redeeming anything via a different region you will need an address for that region *AND* a payment method registered. You can do this via the Microsoft Account page. Use a Google HQ address for the region. Add any card you want (Id suggest Revolut for ease and future planning - and it will take a <£1 payment from the card when you add it - which will reverse/refund after a week or so).

But as that card will never be touched/tested, as you'll be covering the entire purchase through Microsoft Credit Codes/Cards!

google.com/abo…ns/

CardsCodes

PCGameSupply

google.com/abo…ns/

account.microsoft.com/?re…ol&
Edited by: "Silhouette" 19th Sep
Tested:

South Africa = Homefront & Battlefield 1 (~20/05/16)
Brazil = Fruit Ninja 2 (24/05/16)
Russia = Banner Saga (24/05/16)
South Korea = Overwatch (01/06/16) Battlefield 1 (25/06/16)

South Korea = Gears Of War 4 (04/10/16) using the new code redemption process.
Edited by: "Silhouette" 4th Oct 2016
Thanks for this.
Great post. I didn't know you could buy brazil credit straight from Microsoft.

I've been using offgamers but they charge a bit more.
just out of curiosity, if i buy some south african credit, do i need to set up an address also? I'm assuming it migth work a bit how freee free game from japan and korea worked and just goes through (to a wallet option though )
i have most of the other regions set up already from before the VPN/credit card payment wouldnt work so might just stick to the basil/russia combo for credit-buying which seems to work so far

Edited by: "neosalad" 24th May 2016
Thanks for this, will give it a go once payday comes.
neosalad

just out of curiosity, if i buy some south african credit, do i need to … just out of curiosity, if i buy some south african credit, do i need to set up an address also? I'm assuming it migth work a bit how freee free game from japan and korea worked and just goes through (to a wallet option though )i have most of the other regions set up already from before the VPN/credit card payment wouldnt work so might just stick to the basil/russia combo for credit-buying which seems to work so far

I can neither confirm nor deny!

Unfortunately, ive got a Revolut Payment Method set up for every region now.

I bought Banner Saga lastly from Russia - and on the Microsoft Store Page (its not Xbox.com - its direct from MicrosoftStore!) it just pops up with my Revolut Card details - it even shows the address (as Johannesburg South Africa) then says "Yes?" and you click yes and it goes through.

I assume card validation for credit is a million percent more lax than game purchases.

However, if you buy South African Credit (from PrePaidGamer) then no, when you redeem it to your South African account (which you may never have used before), it will simply check for balance before it starts thinking about addresses etc.

So you dont even come to that hurdle!
neosalad

so might just stick to the basil/russia combo for credit-buying which … so might just stick to the basil/russia combo for credit-buying which seems to work so far

Exactly this - except South Africa is an option (but the credit buying process isnt Microsoft - so you cant use Revolut - so potentially some fees to be put on top).

I think the current set up looks like;

Russia/Brasil - Credit (with Revolut)
South Africa - Credit + Conversion Fee (depending on bank/card used)
Norway - VPN-less purchase direct through Xbox.com (with Revolut)

Exactly this - except South Africa is an option (but the credit buying … Exactly this - except South Africa is an option (but the credit buying process isnt Microsoft - so you cant use Revolut - so potentially some fees to be put on top).I think the current set up looks like;Russia/Brasil - Credit (with Revolut)South Africa - Credit + Conversion Fee (depending on bank/card used)Norway - VPN-less purchase direct through Xbox.com (with Revolut)

i dont use revolut, but pay for the credit with my credit card.. which works... (previously was buying the games via VPN this way, till it recently stopped)
i could never get revolut to work (as i dont have iOs or android device) and there was no web-option for it.
Thanks OP. Brazil with Revolut also confirmed here.
neosalad

I could never get revolut to work (as i dont have iOs or android device) … I could never get revolut to work (as i dont have iOs or android device) and there was no web-option for it.

If I could have found a CR/DR Card that didnt change me a silly fee - I would have done the same! I know a few people used Desktop Apps that gave the appearance of an Android Device and all that jazz... but thats *too* much work in my book!

But yes, this version does seem incredibly quick - and so I dont become a victim of it being stripped away - im trying to get as many 2016 purchases sorted as I can.

October/November is looking busy.

Ive been looking forward to May for a long while - so ill try and make that take me well into June/July.

But im sensing a 'Gaming Void' in August/September - so may have to see if any of the gadgillions of season passes ive bought bare and fruits!

Annoyed at paying the extra couple of quid for a season pass version of something and never using it.

I think Division has been the ultimate insult in this... I think the last Season Pass bonus (and the last one before that too) was 2 pieces of ingame material. Which can be farmed from a single junk weapon drop.

Its been pretty embarrassing - and the reason ive stopped playing it.

But, with most new releases costing circa £30-35ish pounds - plus game sharing some games with a friend, I reckon im probably only knocking out £25 a game. Which isnt bad for some of the great new release titles that have come out.

I just wish the Microsoft Refund Policy was a little looser - as I think this would encourage a lot more digital purchasing.

The only time ive actually requested a refund was when I bought Destiny Digitally when it first came out for about £90. Total brain fart moment where I bought the wrong version through SmartGlass.

Had to jump some hoops but they were kind of cool because from what I gathered they could see that I hadnt downloaded it.
Jiming

Thanks OP. Brazil with Revolut also confirmed here.

Im kind of looking forward to amassing so much 'spare change' on my account that after about 3 or 4 purchases - im going to get a "free" game
Hi,

Do you have any ideas why I cannot purchase from other stores? i tried both with the digital credits as posted above and with the VPN method, from Argentina, Brasil, Russia, Korea and South Africa.

All recorded addresses into microsoft billing section, but they all fail saying that I have to use a different payment method.

Suggestions?
Thanks
nickimola1

Do you have any ideas why I cannot purchase from other stores?

Heya,

So when you go to the MicrosoftStore and click the rubles (or whatever) do you get to the checkout stage? Looks almost like a normal shopping cart page then it pops up with your card details (and shows the address in full).

I assume Revolut? Then when you click submit order - then it fails?

I personally havent had that with Revolut/MicrosoftStore. I hate to sound thick to start with (but ive done it!) but is your card blocked on the app? And do you have sufficient credit (as it doesnt dynamically convert the currency for you - you have to have the right amount - and some more just in case the FX rate on Revolut isnt as strong as the 'real world')

If it all still fails - then try and buy something for tuppence somewhere else. Id probably say Amazon, because they dont do 3D/CVV checks. Add it to your account and try and order something for tuppence. Hopefully something you need, as you'll want it to dispatch and try and charge you.

Just to ensure its not the card. You could also check with Revolut Support (chat in the app) to see if everything is working on your card their end (they havent blocked it or something).

What im also unsure on, is guys who have had their MS/Xbox Accounts blocked for 5-7 days for 'over-trying' does this roll over to MicrosoftStore? Did you try the VPN route a whole bunch of times first?

Perhaps give is 72 hours and try again?

Theres so many pitfalls and so many finicky little caveats to the whole process... But once you get it working that first time problem free - it should then be easy listening from there on in.
hi, thanks for your reply.
so, I bought two games using the vpn method back in November and March (the division) and everything worked fine. I usually go to the game I want to buy from UK store, then enable vpn, change store, click buy button and the modal appears (the one with white background)
I select my payment method and after pressing buy, I receive the error I mentioned yesterday.

the card is fine, as I used the credit in it to buy from UK store yesterday, so it shouldn't be blocked. it is strange because it was working and now, doing the same thing that worked two months ago, doesn't work anymore and I cannot figure out why...

maybe the address? maybe using the dame card (MasterCard from revolut) for all the stores is wrong? I really dont understand
Silhouette

Heya,So when you go to the MicrosoftStore and click the rubles (or … Heya,So when you go to the MicrosoftStore and click the rubles (or whatever) do you get to the checkout stage? Looks almost like a normal shopping cart page then it pops up with your card details (and shows the address in full).I assume Revolut? Then when you click submit order - then it fails?I personally havent had that with Revolut/MicrosoftStore. I hate to sound thick to start with (but ive done it!) but is your card blocked on the app? And do you have sufficient credit (as it doesnt dynamically convert the currency for you - you have to have the right amount - and some more just in case the FX rate on Revolut isnt as strong as the 'real world')If it all still fails - then try and buy something for tuppence somewhere else. Id probably say Amazon, because they dont do 3D/CVV checks. Add it to your account and try and order something for tuppence. Hopefully something you need, as you'll want it to dispatch and try and charge you.Just to ensure its not the card. You could also check with Revolut Support (chat in the app) to see if everything is working on your card their end (they havent blocked it or something).What im also unsure on, is guys who have had their MS/Xbox Accounts blocked for 5-7 days for 'over-trying' does this roll over to MicrosoftStore? Did you try the VPN route a whole bunch of times first?Perhaps give is 72 hours and try again?Theres so many pitfalls and so many finicky little caveats to the whole process... But once you get it working that first time problem free - it should then be easy listening from there on in.

​​​hi, thanks for your reply.
so, I bought two games using the vpn method back in November and March (the division) and everything worked fine. I usually go to the game I want to buy from UK store, then enable vpn, change store, click buy button and the modal appears (the one with white background)
I select my payment method and after pressing buy, I receive the error I mentioned yesterday.

the card is fine, as I used the credit in it to buy from UK store yesterday, so it shouldn't be blocked. it is strange because it was working and now, doing the same thing that worked two months ago, doesn't work anymore and I cannot figure out why...

maybe the address? maybe using the dame card (MasterCard from revolut) for all the stores is wrong? I really dont understand
Big thanks for this, Silhouette. All set up on Brazil and getting some cheap Indies.

Big thanks for this, Silhouette. All set up on Brazil and getting some … Big thanks for this, Silhouette. All set up on Brazil and getting some cheap Indies.

The great thing is - especially in my case - if you're buying for friends too (they all give me their details and I VPN their games for them).

Now, I buy the codes (all on my account) and send them the code and the link to the game. Job done!

Yes, its easier. Yes, its more annoying that you have to overpay in most cases. Yes, MS will probably stop this approach too soon...

But I love a bargain
nickimola1

It is strange because it was working and now, doing the same thing that … It is strange because it was working and now, doing the same thing that worked two months ago, doesn't work anymore and I cannot figure out why...

Because the VPN method is dead (for now). It was dead before, over the course of a Bank Holiday (spookily coincidentally we have another Bank Holiday on Monday!) but then it just started working again.

So this thread, is for the purchase of Credit from MSStore with Revolut then redeemed locally (using the same 'Change Region' method) but no VPN involved.

You just have to overpay a little, but amass the 'remainder'/change for another day.

The great thing is - especially in my case - if you're buying for friends … The great thing is - especially in my case - if you're buying for friends too (they all give me their details and I VPN their games for them).Now, I buy the codes (all on my account) and send them the code and the link to the game. Job done!Yes, its easier. Yes, its more annoying that you have to overpay in most cases. Yes, MS will probably stop this approach too soon...But I love a bargain

The Brazil games tend to be so cheap that it's just pennies left over anyhow.

Because the VPN method is dead (for now). It was dead before, over the … Because the VPN method is dead (for now). It was dead before, over the course of a Bank Holiday (spookily coincidentally we have another Bank Holiday on Monday!) but then it just started working again.So this thread, is for the purchase of Credit from MSStore with Revolut then redeemed locally (using the same 'Change Region' method) but no VPN involved.You just have to overpay a little, but amass the 'remainder'/change for another day.

Yes, I think i'm gonna use your method and see if it works. I actually have to buy next Hitman episode next week, so it will be a good time to test it out.

Out of interest, If and when I buy the credit, can I keep track of the unused one? are they stored somewhere on my accocunt? and maybe divided by region or no?
Yes, divided by region (so region exclusive). When I buy credit from MS Store the confirmation screen shows the code so I redeem it straight away.

For PrePaid Gamers (South Africa) it's emailed to you and it's on your PrePaid account
can you use paypal im on the mexican site was just wondering as my revolt is playing up!
GarryGlenDinning

can you use paypal im on the mexican site was just wondering as my revolt … can you use paypal im on the mexican site was just wondering as my revolt is playing up!

I dont believe so. I think theres a handful of PayPal ones.
I seem to keep getting to address part and can't go any further sadly
GarryGlenDinning

I seem to keep getting to address part and can't go any further sadly

The Mexican Microsoft Store - adding your Revolut Card "Address" part?

Try logging into Xbox.com and adding a payment method for Mexico that way. It will charge you the Auth/Test Fee as soon as you add the card (let alone try and use it). So perhaps add it, chill for 24 hours (if you have the time) and then log into the MS Store (as it will pull your Mexican payment details from Xbox.com).

But be careful about addresses. When you update them this way, it *sometimes* updates all payment cards to the same address. (I.e. next time you go to buy from Russia, it will show your Mexican address).

However, not sure if I mentioned this - but on the MS Store - it doesnt matter!

When I was buying credit - it kept up coming up as Johannesburg and it worked! I dont think they check billing address when buying credit direct from MS.
Silhouette

The Mexican Microsoft Store - adding your Revolut Card "Address" part?Try … The Mexican Microsoft Store - adding your Revolut Card "Address" part?Try logging into Xbox.com and adding a payment method for Mexico that way. It will charge you the Auth/Test Fee as soon as you add the card (let alone try and use it). So perhaps add it, chill for 24 hours (if you have the time) and then log into the MS Store (as it will pull your Mexican payment details from Xbox.com).But be careful about addresses. When you update them this way, it *sometimes* updates all payment cards to the same address. (I.e. next time you go to buy from Russia, it will show your Mexican address).However, not sure if I mentioned this - but on the MS Store - it doesnt matter!When I was buying credit - it kept up coming up as Johannesburg and it worked! I dont think they check billing address when buying credit direct from MS.

Thank you very much I just wanna get the hang of this way was that used to doing vpn and revolt so it's just trying to get round this and saving me some $$$$
You do have to keep up with the times nowadays - loop holes will keep evolving.

But yes, still a massive saving compared to the UK store - and I see my remainder/change as simply mini-rebates that will one day amass enough to buy a complete game.

Note: I may even try and put together a little video of doing ^^this method on a mobile phone - so you dont even have to touch a computer. That might be helpful for people.
Thanks for this, top effort! I have never failed on the old method but haven't bought for a couple of weeks so this looks like the best option going forward.

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how much credit you can have? I'm thinking about stocking up a few hundred on both Brazil and Russia whilst it's working.

Final question, are there still issues with adding a Brazil address? I think it's used to ask for a social no. or similar on the old method so I never bothered.

Thanks for this, top effort! I have never failed on the old method but … Thanks for this, top effort! I have never failed on the old method but haven't bought for a couple of weeks so this looks like the best option going forward.Does anyone know if there is a limit on how much credit you can have? I'm thinking about stocking up a few hundred on both Brazil and Russia whilst it's working.Final question, are there still issues with adding a Brazil address? I think it's used to ask for a social no. or similar on the old method so I never bothered.

No social security number required now.
So i just tried this with russian credit. And was met with a confirmation and warning that it would take 4-6 hours to process my order is that normal?
TheSinstar

So i just tried this with russian credit. And was met with a confirmation … So i just tried this with russian credit. And was met with a confirmation and warning that it would take 4-6 hours to process my order is that normal?

Thats interesting. Have you bought from Russia (using the old VPN method) before? If you've *just* added the card (Revolut?) and been charged the PreAuth - perhaps this is a thing they do? Id personally wait a full 24 hours (or longer if you can).

If you've bought before... Then pass. Never had that. If you can provide a screenshot that would be awesome.

Personally, id just process it. 6 hours? That means you'll be gaming by 9pm!

Hodge4Ever

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how much credit you can have? I'm … Does anyone know if there is a limit on how much credit you can have? I'm thinking about stocking up a few hundred on both Brazil and Russia whilst it's working.

I was so tempted to do this too but my concern is that they go "No, no, no" at some point and take the credit away? I bet theres some T&Cs that say they can revoke... So I dont want to be 'too' heavily invested. I like to keep a couple of hundred on my Revolut by topping up £50 every week or so, so that I dont really notice it.... But *really* tempted to lamp a couple of hundred Brazilian.

Will just be annoying (and its happened before) that Brazil is rubbish. Its almost like different game developers have better regions. I.e. Battleborn & Overwatch were £5 clear at South Korea... Yet they havent 'won' a game race since!
just got overwatch for £40 from singapore! thanks op!
Rodders89

just got overwatch for £40 from singapore! thanks op!

Then you deserve two-fold-congratulations! Becuase the system works and its an awesome game!

But, may I ask why you didnt buy from South Korea for 2x30,000KRW for £35 (with 5p change) and instead went for Singapore at $76.90 when they only sell 20/50/100, meaning you would have had to buy the $100 card and leave $23.90 change on your account?

Sometimes the cheapest listed region isnt always the best

(But lets face it, its £55 in the UK, so you've still knocked 27% off the top!)

I was so tempted to do this too but my concern is that they go "No, no, … I was so tempted to do this too but my concern is that they go "No, no, no" at some point and take the credit away? I bet theres some T&Cs that say they can revoke... So I dont want to be 'too' heavily invested. I like to keep a couple of hundred on my Revolut by topping up £50 every week or so, so that I dont really notice it.... But *really* tempted to lamp a couple of hundred Brazilian.Will just be annoying (and its happened before) that Brazil is rubbish. Its almost like different game developers have better regions. I.e. Battleborn & Overwatch were £5 clear at South Korea... Yet they havent 'won' a game race since!

My theory (for what little it's worth) is that worst case they would refund me, I can't see anything in the terms that say you forfeit the value of them if you buy in another region?!
Hmm, I'm getting nothing but gip (using my phone) to buy Korean Credit? Everything seems okay, it tries to load the "Thank You" page after purchase but just just loads blank and no Revolut Pop Ups

Interesting.
Me

Hmm, I'm getting nothing but gip (using my phone) to buy Korean Credit? … Hmm, I'm getting nothing but gip (using my phone) to buy Korean Credit? Everything seems okay, it tries to load the "Thank You" page after purchase but just just loads blank and no Revolut Pop Ups Interesting.

Epic fail. About 30 minutes later I got two confirmation emails, both with 2x 30k codes on them.

Looks like im going to have a butt ton of Korean Wan sitting on my account!

Note: Sometimes the system might be slow!

Epic fail. About 30 minutes later I got two confirmation emails, both … Epic fail. About 30 minutes later I got two confirmation emails, both with 2x 30k codes on them.Looks like im going to have a butt ton of Korean Wan sitting on my account! :DNote: Sometimes the system might be slow!

Don't worry you're not the first one to have done that! :P
I was wondering if this method is still working since on the other post from chrisuk one person in the comment has mentioned it wasn't working.
CraigAaron

I was wondering if this method is still working since on the other post … I was wondering if this method is still working since on the other post from chrisuk one person in the comment has mentioned it wasn't working.

I was wondering if this method is still working since on the other post … I was wondering if this method is still working since on the other post from chrisuk one person in the comment has mentioned it wasn't working.

Worked for me yesterday and the day before. Day before was South Korea, yesterday was South Africa.

No problems. (Apart from when I went trigger happy on South Korea and ended up with £70 worth of "excess" credit) haha.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions