Xbox one - Can't get a Teredo IP address. Cannot play games online. Advice needed.

Found 6th Feb 2015
We got a Xbox One for Christmas and played online for approx 2 weeks with no problems but it then stopped working. Everything on the Xbox works apart form playing online and connecting through Xbox Live.

When I test my connection to the internet it comes back OK but when I test the Multiplayer Connection then its displays the message 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'.

I have contacted Microsoft and they said it was down to my BT router needing certain ports opening. I contacted BT and they wanted to charge me for them to help. So after doing some investigation online (and using portforward.com) I found out how to open ports on the router but this does not seem to be working. I used an online tool to check if the ports were open after updating the router and they were still closed.

BT sent me a replacement router but this did not solve the problem so I must be doing something wrong and would be grateful for any advice to help me get these ports open if that is what it is down to.

I have a BT Home Hub 5 and I believe I need to open the following ports:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Community Updates
9 Comments
Is this wired or wireless?
underscoreben

Is this wired or wireless?

It actually happens on both but I'm using wired through TP link power adapters.
I'm assuming you've tried connecting it direct to the home hub proving its BT that's causing the blockage?
I was using a HH5 on plusnet fibre, could never get the ports to open on it, always had trouble with the NAT ended up buying a netgear nighthawk r7000
pinkleponkle

I'm assuming you've tried connecting it direct to the home hub proving … I'm assuming you've tried connecting it direct to the home hub proving its BT that's causing the blockage?

I haven't directly connected to the hub but the internet connection is working on the xbox and I dont have any issue on other devices. Its purely related to multiplayer / online games not working.
On your console go to Settings>System> Restore Factory Defaults. After this problem gone.
You will have to download anything you had again tho. good luck.
FrootLoop

On your console go to SettingsSystem Restore Factory Defaults. After t … On your console go to Settings>System> Restore Factory Defaults. After this problem gone.You will have to download anything you had again tho. good luck.

Hi, thanks for your help on this. Just a quick question before I try restoring factory defaults... We bought the Xbox preinstalled with Assassins Creed Unity so will I be able to download this after the restore to factory default?
brandlew

. Just a quick question before I try restoring factory defaults... We … . Just a quick question before I try restoring factory defaults... We bought the Xbox preinstalled with Assassins Creed Unity so will I be able to download this after the restore to factory default?

Yeah you should have no probs, let me know how you get on brandlew.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants