xbox one controller fault

Hi my son wanted some new headphones for his Xbox one. When they arrived, they would not fit in the controller so I bought an adapter. The headset still does not work so a friend suggested an update. I put the USB port into the controller but it won't go all the way in and the Xbox states no USB port is in. Do I need a new controller or is there a fix. Thanks in advance

6 Comments

TBF the update should work but if I were you I'd try another cable

Original Poster

Hi I have tried another USB cable to no avail. The cable does not seem to go in enough and the Xbox is not recognising it.

Badhumour

Hi I have tried another USB cable to no avail. The cable does not seem to … Hi I have tried another USB cable to no avail. The cable does not seem to go in enough and the Xbox is not recognising it.

​ don't mean to cause offence but you are using a micro USB aren't you?

First off what version of the controller have you got? The newer version has a 3.5mm plug which allows for 4 pole plugs, ie stereo sound and chat. The older versions just have the official Microsoft chat port which you need either an official Microsoft product or a adapter (eg turtle beach).

I'm sure now once the controller is connected to a console wirelessly it can be updated without physical connection? This is how I have updated all mine. Maybe a few pictures might help us to help you?

also some cheap cables might be charge only and not data, I had to try several cables when I had to re sync my ps4 controller.

Original Poster

mazyaman

​ don't mean to cause offence but you are using a micro USB aren't you?

Yes, tried mine from an old Samsung and a friends x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iptv810
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    3. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    4. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23

See more discussions