Xbox one external hdd

Found 16th Feb
Hi people, I have a 500gb external hardrive linked up to the One X. When gaming on a game installed on the external drive, sometimes it will randomly boot me from the game.

After it displays "hard drive ready" and im sat on the dashboard.

Any ideas what the deal is? My mate also has had this happen.

Any replies will be appreciated, thanks.
Community Updates
AskGaming
6 Comments
What HD is it? I’m Guessing the HD is losing power that’s why you are getting the HD ready display.
ThugBasher37 m ago

What HD is it? I’m Guessing the HD is losing power that’s why you are get …What HD is it? I’m Guessing the HD is losing power that’s why you are getting the HD ready display.

My one is the stock ps4 hard drive I swapped out of the ps4 (put in a 2tb). My mate has the official xbox one hdd and has the same problem, so I figured it wasn't my specific hdd that was causing the problem.
deleted1597344
Is it any particular game ? I used to get this happen all the time when just playing the division. Every other game is fine just this one, I just moved it to internal and it plays fine now.
Did you format the drive before using it
deleted159734417th Feb

Is it any particular game ? I used to get this happen all the time when …Is it any particular game ? I used to get this happen all the time when just playing the division. Every other game is fine just this one, I just moved it to internal and it plays fine now.

It seems to vary. To play a game I have to transfer to the main drive to avoid it. Kinda defeating the purpose of an extra drive.
Splice17th Feb

Did you format the drive before using it

Yea i've formatted it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants