Expired

Xbox One Family Game Sharing HELP Please

Found 29th Apr 2016
Hello all im struggling to find any info on this or maybe im plain silly. But i have 3 Xbox one console in the house. Mine plus my 2 sons. Im trying to setup if possible.

Every time i digitally download a new game on my xbox is there anyway i can share in with my kids so they can play it on there own consoles..?

Any help or guides would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskXboxXbox One
13 Comments
I think you can only game share with one console at a time
johnwillowlfc

I think you can only game share with one console at a time

Sorry meant to say 2 consoles, so in other words one of your sons can get the shared games whilst the other cannot as you cant have more than one console set as home xbox
I have the same problem have 3 Xbox ones mine and one each for the kids, I remember asking the same question on here also. you cannot game share with 3 Xbox ones unfortunately. what i did was set up game sharing for the kids and I game share with my nephew who likes the same games has my kids so it's a win win for us.
I spoke to a Microsoft rep online yesterday. according to her it was possible. but to be honest she wasn't that much help.. she mentioned about logging into each console with my gamer tag and setting them to home console... I have no idea..
can anyone step by step guide me on how to setup game sharing please. Sorry for being a pest. much appreciated
Maxie1986

I spoke to a Microsoft rep online yesterday. according to her it was … I spoke to a Microsoft rep online yesterday. according to her it was possible. but to be honest she wasn't that much help.. she mentioned about logging into each console with my gamer tag and setting them to home console... I have no idea..

Put each gamertag on each console and set to home on each
Snakeyes646

Put each gamertag on each console and set to home on each

​ok so I login into each console and add both gamer tags. my sons and mine. then on which console do I set home on
Maxie1986

​ok so I login into each console and add both gamer tags. my sons and m … ​ok so I login into each console and add both gamer tags. my sons and mine. then on which console do I set home on

ubergizmo.com/how…ne/

Step by step guide with pictures on how to do it, hope it helps you
cheers for the help guys. I'll give it a go using the guide.
Maxie1986

​ok so I login into each console and add both gamer tags. my sons and m … ​ok so I login into each console and add both gamer tags. my sons and mine. then on which console do I set home on

Set your console as your sons home box and set your sons console as your home box.
hotukdeals.com/tag…507
It should possible, as long as you dont want to play at the same time as one of them.
Does one play on the console more than the other? If so, log into your account on their Xbox and set it as your home console. Then they can play the games you own any time, after theyre downloaded.
The other console, you could put your account on there but, dont set it as your home console (as you can only have one console as your home console). Then your son, can sign into your account, then his account and play the games using his account but, because you're signed in, he should be able to still play the games. But then, if you logged in on your account/xbox, it would sign you out of his console and probably cause issues with the game playing.
Detailed guide below:

hotukdeals.com/mis…680

Your best bet is to share between your Xbox & Child A (Child A can have thier own gamer tag), but Child B uses his Xbox using your gamer tag.

That will allow all games purchased to be on 3 Xbox's. The only restriction with this is that you & Child B cannot play at the same time.
Guys thanks so much think I got it sorted. But I have 1 more question..

My son at weekends stays with grandparents and they don't not have Internet. so the games with gold or digital games I've downloaded does he need internet to play them ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants